Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project Toretto.

Go down 
+11
chrisyboi
tesh
Dave_t
steve-o
Attley
benkei
ezza
Ned
cus
Michael
Chris
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Powelly

Powelly

Project Toretto. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 10:01 am

Hey bro...u know .,..lmfao at that vid seriously the guy sounds well pissed..
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 9:21 am

And now oddly she doesnt boot. the 2nd turbo is just throwing a hissy fit and causing the huge backfire again, it did before that record a 0.97bar from the 1st single tubro spool up and that ran fine.
Once i get back from york im going to raid my piggy bank and buy a couple of bits...
New intercooler pipes, battery relocation kit, spare black bonnet (going to custom vent one) and a few bits to run it as a single turbo set up so i can throw out the piss taking rats nest of vac pipes.

Bloody Wankels!
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 1:04 pm

man you've had some serious trouble with this, why dont you just get rid and start fresh with somethin else?

i dunno how you put up with 2bh i would of lost my rag ages ago!
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 11:03 pm

good things come to those who wait, it will get there.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 6:39 am

I freakin' love rx7's, but the unreliable reputation they have and being somewhat ignorant about them, its always put me off getting one!
But you havent had any 'rotary' related problems have you? just turbo related stuff. are the wankels actually more reliable then they are made out to be?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptyMon 08 Feb 2010, 10:31 am

cus wrote:
man you've had some serious trouble with this, why dont you just get rid and start fresh with somethin else?

i dunno how you put up with 2bh i would of lost my rag ages ago!

Because i dont pussy out.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptyMon 08 Feb 2010, 10:33 am

Dave_t wrote:
I freakin' love rx7's, but the unreliable reputation they have and being somewhat ignorant about them, its always put me off getting one!
But you havent had any 'rotary' related problems have you? just turbo related stuff. are the wankels actually more reliable then they are made out to be?

The engine and turbo are fine, electrics good to. its just the bloody vac pipes, all shall be sorted tomorrow though and then ...no more problems and a whole heap of power.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptyMon 08 Feb 2010, 10:37 am

Darkness wrote:
Dave_t wrote:

The engine and turbo are fine, electrics good to. its just the bloody vac pipes, all shall be sorted tomorrow though and then ...no more problems and a whole heap of power.

so would you say if you bought a rex that had been recently rebuilt, you should be fine for pretty much the time you would keep it for?
rather tempted to have one one day
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptyMon 08 Feb 2010, 10:43 am

Providing you do what i did, make sure theres a huge ass bill for the rebuild and then phone who did it to confirm, get yourself aquainted with the japanese lingo and get a service book and i see no reason why you cant enjoy it, in the times mine has its been amazingly great fun.
I just happen to have a temperamental one due to its crappy treatment when it landed on uk land.
I plan to fix that and i have....almost.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:10 pm

So yesterday afternoon while looking under the dash i ripped out a little black unmarked box with now 3 broken wires cause i yanked it from were it was stuck down.
Turns out it was some no-brander jap fuel cut defender.
Shit.
On the plus side i now know why the fuel delivery has been a bit off
and on wot it starves itself now im running much higher then stock power/boost....Full remap time!
Gah i really need a job that pays more then 350£ a month its starting to piss the rex off to.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010, 9:55 am

Little update, did a bit of retail therapy and planning.
Ordered a bunch of gauges and craig gave me a mr2 pillar pod that fits perfectly, decided the car sits to low so im going to up it an inch, going to
rip the front of the car off and move the rad behind the fmic that i will mount in the bumper and fit the twin fans to the back of the fmic and rad.
With the car being resprayed in the future im going to vent that bonnet to.
Worked out a budget that i'll end up blowing but monies picking up,
Just mocking up some images on the pc to show you all....i'll post them in a few days when im set Smile
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010, 10:01 am

All sounds good minus the highering it bit
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010, 10:54 am

It scrubs the rubber on the fronts in opposite lock and full lock, tried upping the shock compression but then i got chronic understeer, one point i nearly fell off the dover cliffs when i took the roundabout by maccies.
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010, 11:40 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 3:44 am

Well, It was cold, snowing and freezing fekking cold outside but the rex is now a twin turbo non sequential fire breathing beasty boi.
Going for a razz now to see if the mods worked and that i now have 1bar of boost till 7500rpm and that by uppong the car by 2cm means i can get some lock on without getting my scrub on!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 2:34 am

Right bit of an update:
Decided to take the car into another direction after messing about on forza/nfs shift.
Cant say much right now as its not all set but the rims are away for a refurb, the interiours coming out...all of it and the exhaust is being re-done while i save up a few more pennies and have it booked in for whatever's needed to get 450bhp out of it.
There might be a burnout bodykit in the mix to.
Back to top Go down
richbish

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptySat 15 Jan 2011, 7:42 am

Project Toretto. - Page 9 22573_495726835173_656295173_11279356_1000890_n

off the clocks.. even with a bust turbo this was remember?
Back to top Go down
Benny

Benny

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptySat 15 Jan 2011, 12:06 pm

Nice, Spoilerless Is How I'd Run An RX-7 Tho.
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptySun 16 Jan 2011, 7:07 am

i would say that too but the one on it atm is sick
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptySun 16 Jan 2011, 11:56 am

man this is the old thread.... but i may as well say it here.

The build has started, info and pics will be up soon but im going full retard on this with 3 grand of the best british pounds, i hit japan so hard tonight with the order list of the engine they had to call new zealand for some parts.

Still need ideas for wheels, rubber will be toyo 888's of a 255/40/18 flavour.
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptySun 16 Jan 2011, 1:19 pm

Niice
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 EmptySun 16 Jan 2011, 5:53 pm

Chris @ Rev It wrote:
i hit japan so hard tonight with the order list of the engine they had to call new zealand for some parts.

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Toretto.
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9