Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project Toretto.

Go down 
+11
chrisyboi
tesh
Dave_t
steve-o
Attley
benkei
ezza
Ned
cus
Michael
Chris
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Attley

Attley

Project Toretto. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 3:40 am

damn thats sexy!!!! you have to come JAE, reppin TOA and the advan 3 spokes FTFW!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 4:01 am

Oh im working my nadgers off getting this reapy for toa the list to do now is:

Make adapter plate and fit BOV, fit central locking kit, fit Afr gauge, standard setting tune up, run in turbos, install new brake pads, fit cobra suzuka s seat, some kind of paint work needing doing and refit the bonnet.

had a little launch up the drive today while taking it off the stands, my god does it go, stopping was scary on rusty brakes lol!

Last edited by Darkness on Thu 03 Sep 2009, 2:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 4:11 am

lol i can imagine, fair play though you have been and still are a busy little bee, fingers crossed for you mate bounce
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 6:18 am

Can scratch off central locking, got it working using my mad brain skillz!
Next up is finding out were that oil leaks coming from and get medieval on its ass, but as its raining, ill pass tonight and rag my virtual rx7 round on forza2 lol.
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 7:27 am

That does look hottt, get some elbow grease under the hood and rock no hood at JAE?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:43 am

Just started up the car to start the basic map and the damn controller has froze on the login screen. Racked off cause now i have to find out why.
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:52 am

oh well, 10 steps forward, one back, thats a good ratio
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 7:15 am

I agree. Don't stress too much, you've made an incredible amount of progress, cut yourself some slack dude. Cool
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 9:28 am

I could have kicked myself earlier with the commander, wasnt plugged in. Rolling Eyes
Had a little blast up and down the road to see how it boosted even with the slight oil leak and managed to blow the pipe from turbo to fmic right off and over the car, nearly wet myself laughing as i didnt even floor it, just took it to 8psi on the first turbo at what the commander told me was 40% throttle.
Think im going to need better clamps.

Tomorrow im pulling the oil lines out of the bay to see what seal has perished to let oil pass, the psi on run is good just its leaking onto the turbo housing and cooking up a treat causing blue smoke, once thats done then im hunting down the air leak i have in a vac pipe to cure the high idle and its ready for a shakedown and spray up!

Half tempted to buy another rx7 that needs a bit of tlc, enjoying all this playing with wankels. (giggidy)

Oh heres a lame vid of it just starting, moving a little and idling like a tit.
Project Toretto. - Page 4 Th_02092009007
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 10:09 am

That sounds amazing Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.JDMtas.com
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 10:54 am

yeah man! those indicator/side lights look way better oem
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyThu 03 Sep 2009, 12:36 pm

this weather is fantastic isnt it!

sounds hoggish mate, hope you make it to j.a.e Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyFri 04 Sep 2009, 4:09 am

Yea the weathers great, im soaked through and still the car wont play ball with me, i've fixed everything i can and still the enginebay smokes blue, oil clouds smoke the road up and it refuses to idle properly.
Racked off now so i may just send it away to be finished and the expence of my wallet. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyFri 04 Sep 2009, 5:08 am

maybe leave it running for like 1/2 hour, when uv been working on it all the oil and shit on stuff will burn off.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyFri 04 Sep 2009, 7:43 am

I left it going for about 15 minutes and then it started idling really badly going from 600 to 1500 like a nut case. Tomorrow im going to leave it running and sit next to it with a water hose and fire extinguisher.
Not sure whats causing the idle problem as all the vac pipes and stuff related to throttle and idle are fine. Might put the oem ecu back in to see how that plays.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyFri 04 Sep 2009, 9:16 am

Had a good look about tinterwebs and the idle problem is possibly a faulty sensor, crapped out spark plugs or the power fc being a tard so in the morning i;ll nip out get new plugs, get the fc to run a check on everything and let it idle till it runs out of fuel....that should take to long. i'll get a vid to as ive fixed the blowing zorst and it sounds brutal. night!
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyFri 04 Sep 2009, 11:33 pm

nice!!

yeah i would try oem ecu and new plugs wouldnt hurt.

gl, keep us updated!!

btw ur avatar is fucking lol!
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptySat 05 Sep 2009, 7:03 am

i-lol! at the sig hahaha
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptySun 06 Sep 2009, 12:35 am

Took it for a drive today and boosted it up to 6k, back end came out fast and i clipped a curb, needless to say i was laughing but the smoke is still billowing out.
Time for a rather costly build i think. Rather fucked off at it because now i dont think it will make it to jae.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptySun 06 Sep 2009, 2:57 am

sucks ass!!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptySun 06 Sep 2009, 6:58 am

yea i know, not giving up without a bloody good fight, tomorrow the zorsts coming off to be cleaned as i think the cats soaked with oil, everything but turbo housings coming off for inspection cleaning and refit.
I can put up with the hunting on idle for now as i think its down to the street porting and still on a basic map on the power fc as long as i cure the blue smoke im happy.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptySun 06 Sep 2009, 9:09 am

everytime i come on your thread your sig makes me lol

for idle problems check all your piping around your intercooler and such, if you've got a leak from there that will cause an idle problem, spray some stuff or put soapy water over them all just to see if if there is.

bounce
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyMon 07 Sep 2009, 4:14 am

Project Toretto. - Page 4 80460462

Right ive had the zorst off, thrown petrol down it, jet washed it, cleaned the exhaust temp probe thingy and found an oil breather pipe that leads into the middle section filled with black oil. so cleaned it, bunged it as its not needed, fitted it all back, started, let it cook on idle and all its doing now is burning a bit of the left over sh*te in the zorst, thers no smoke in the bay, no leaks, no hunting (turned out to be the tps was gunked up, wd40 is my friend!)

Took it our round the roads here and it scared the crap out of me, needless to say i need much fatter rear tires to keep the car going forward as in 4th gear at 30mph, when you floor it the arse wants to over take!!

Im taking the car every day to work this week to see how it goes, iron out problems (if any now) and get it ready for JAE.

Im feeling so full of win right now im going to have a bbq! cheers
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyMon 07 Sep 2009, 8:04 am

fairplay dude im ghuffed for you, hope you can make it to j.a.e.

as they always say " its proberly the stupidest thing" lol
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 EmptyMon 07 Sep 2009, 8:20 am

yeeaaah!!

i know where there are some veilsides for sale, 9.5 rears?? Laughing

u need a TOA sticker now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Toretto.   Project Toretto. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Toretto.
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next