Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

head gasket question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
evna

evna

head gasket question Empty
PostSubject: head gasket question   head gasket question EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 12:24 am

have a del sol vxi, D15b and im currently rebuilding it. I just need to know if anyone can tell me the severity of using a multi-layered carboard gasket instead of a metal one? is it really going to make mass amounts of difference?

The head gasket ive bought is the same as the honda series engine in the rover..so i think d16? everything lines up the same but i just need to know if it will affect anything?

cheers
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: head gasket question   head gasket question EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 2:08 am

Im not sure but when i was looking to buy i read to use only oem or a trusted make (cometic, buddyclub etc)
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: head gasket question   head gasket question EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 3:42 am

ye personaly i wouldent use a cardboard one, hence the phrase "head gasket that!" when you see a rover on broken down.

its worth spendin that extra bit of cash for peace of mind, it would be a waste of time if a few months down the line you've gotta take i all back off top replace it.
Back to top Go down
shaggy_master

shaggy_master

PostSubject: Re: head gasket question   head gasket question EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 5:36 am

Just to add to this, I'd definitely have the head and possibly the block faced if you decide to use a Metal headgasket, as they need a good flat face to seal well.
The stock ones aren't so dependant on a perfect surface but I'd still be tempted to have the head faced for peace of mind.
Joe
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bmx_stunter_joe
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: head gasket question   head gasket question EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 6:11 am

Im pretty sure oem honda gaskets are metal
Back to top Go down
shaggy_master

shaggy_master

PostSubject: Re: head gasket question   head gasket question EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 11:56 am

I'm not sure what they are its some soft metal/carbony looking stuff, like exhaust manifold gaskets .. You know the stuff.
By a 'Metal' gasket, I meant a Multi Layer Steel one like a Cometic or similar.
Joe
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bmx_stunter_joe
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: head gasket question   head gasket question EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 12:38 pm

Im pretty sure they are like proppa metal, atleast the one that came off my Ek was
Back to top Go down
DARF

DARF

PostSubject: Re: head gasket question   head gasket question EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 12:50 pm

oem gasket is metal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: head gasket question   head gasket question Empty

Back to top Go down

head gasket question
Page 1 of 1