Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dannyb

Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours Empty
PostSubject: Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours   Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours EmptySun 16 May 2010, 7:11 am

Don't know wether anyone's aware of this but there's a fault in the rear arch of a lot of integra r dc2s.if you look at the front of your rear wheel arch at the bottom there's a seam,on a lot of dc2s This seam has seperated letting water into the rear quarters which you won't realise from looking at the exterior.if your seam has seperated then remove your rear seats and plastic side trim like I did.I found the entire lower rear quarters were totally rusted.my car was rotting from the inside out and I didn't even know.

Here's a pic of the seam I'm talking about you can see the gap
Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours E83d4649
you can see this seam without removing skirts.

This is from the inside....
Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours 38275e47

I wirebrushed mine today,treated the rust and waxoyled it all inside.I also fiberglassed the gaps in the seams and the drainage holes halfway up each arch,leaving just the drainage holes along the bottom,but now no water can get in from the wheel area.

If you have a dc2 I'd advise you to check this because mines mint from the outside I didn't even know

dan
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours   Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 12:26 am

Il have to have a look, im worries now, mines an import too
Back to top Go down
Dannyb

PostSubject: Re: Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours   Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 12:53 am

Uk cars are worse mines a uk car if yours an import it mite not be too bad because it won't have had the British salty weather since it was new,let me know what you find mate
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours   Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 1:40 am

will do, only thing is imports werent undersealed
Back to top Go down
Dannyb

PostSubject: Re: Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours   Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 2:17 am

You will be able to see if the seams have seperated just by looking but I'd pull the interior out anyway
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours   Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 4:02 am

theres no interior in there anyway so il have a butchers later
Back to top Go down
Danny

PostSubject: Re: Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours   Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours EmptyFri 21 May 2010, 7:37 pm

Isnt this just a standard Honda thing?

Ive had 3 civics now and they have all done the same thing...
Back to top Go down
Dannyb

PostSubject: Re: Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours   Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours EmptyFri 21 May 2010, 7:53 pm

Dunno wether it happens on civics but I wouldn't say it's a 'standard Honda thing' hope not anyway :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours   Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours Empty

Back to top Go down

Itr dc2 rear arch fault check yours
Page 1 of 1