Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what to do.............

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave_t

Dave_t

what to do............. Empty
PostSubject: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptyFri 13 Apr 2007, 4:58 am

ive had my ek for abit now and i dont know whether its time to sell her........i love it but want more power.....i was going to get a b16/b18 to put in it,but i think i'd regret spedning so much money on it.
i have been lookin at ep3's, and im beginning to like them more and more.
but they are so common,thats what put me off.
they dont make a uk type r or type s in white, but they do make a uk 1.6 se in white, ( type s,minus the type r kit ). so it has the same d16 sohc engine as the type s, 110bhp,and all black or grey interior which i think looks better than the type s. ive raced a standard type s in my lsi and i had him pretty easy,but the handling is pretty good as standard,better than my lowered ek. so im thinking, get an ep3 1.6 se in white, put the type r kit on,my alloys from my ek,my d series 4 branch manifold,my induction kit,carbon spoiler,spoon n1 back box.that should get it as fast if not abit faster than my ek,but i'll concerntrate on getting it handling the best it can, then in time,once everything else is done, put a k20 in.and mod that :-)

the ep3 will still be relatively new n fresh by the time i finnish the mods,but if i keep the ek it will defo be an old model in some peoples eyes.

should look similar 2 this, but the kit in the pic is the usdm kit,which is abit what to do............. Icon_silent shat. uk spec kit looks better

what to do............. White-ep4

what do u reckon i should do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptyFri 13 Apr 2007, 10:12 pm

Yeah there nice cars the EP's.

If u put a B in your EK it would kill an EP3 and they dont cost alot, i know somone selling one, i could find out how much he wants for it.

Rather than buying a white se and swapping the engine etc it would probably work out cheapert to get a type S or R and get it resprayed, a K20 alone is around 2k, plus you'd have the brakes and susp to think about to accomidate a K, where a type R is made for it.

Just my thoughts, hth
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptySun 15 Apr 2007, 2:54 am

what to do............. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 11:12 am

ye to do the engine swap, a b series in2 my ek would be cheaper im sure.........but a white modified ep3 is rare to see,only in japan or amercia. to buy a type s/r and repaint it wouldnt be that cheap, or really feasable,you would never get the whole car sprayed white,there will be bits that still show the original colour, you'd never feel the same as if you had a genuine white ep.
as for the k20 swap,it would be expensive 2bf,but it wouldnt be for a while yet,i'd concerntrate on the bodywork, and handling at first.just do light modifaction to the d-series,similar to my ek. by then,prices of parts for ep's will have came down slightly as they are no longer the current model, and it would be easier to source and engine and the various other bits i'd need

my plan for it is:

bodywork:
type r front bumper with debadged grille
type r rear bumper apron
type r sideskirts

suspension:
tein coilovers
upper/lower strut braces
aftermarket sway bars

wheels:
poss same wheels as my ek
or other 6 spoke design

engine:
my induction pipe with injen filter
spoon bak box
4 branch manifold

interior:
my black momo wheel with red stitching
dc2 integra black recaro's with red stitching
(think they look better than ep type r seats)

i reckon get it to that spec, then save for the k20 conversion.
having it handling so good will keep my amused for abit anyway :-)
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptySun 15 Apr 2007, 9:48 am

fair point, i still think that it would make more sense to have an EP3 resprayed, it would look bad too, all white exept maybee a black engine bay.

either way a white EP will be sik Cool
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptySun 15 Apr 2007, 9:50 am

what to do............. Img0615mq9

what to do............. Wotq1nta1nnm0mtnkzmqzmxfn1
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptySun 15 Apr 2007, 11:16 pm

that ep luks sick, definately gna get a white se. not alot i can do with my ek now,want a fresh car to work on,from scratch.what to do............. Icon_biggrin gna get my ek ready 4 sale, get the bumper repainted,and a few other stuff doing to it 2 make it mint.getting a cheap ef for a run about while the ek's being done,n sell it on when my ek sells,and i get the ep.not sure wat wheels to put on it,luks sick slammed on 15's 2bf,but dunno wat 15's i'd have
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptyTue 17 Apr 2007, 3:32 am

b18 + EK = EP3 death
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptyTue 17 Apr 2007, 9:16 pm

If you didnt already know that EP^ is an se, 15's dont fit over type R brakes plus there 5 stud.

As for what wheels, anything genuine (i.e. not rota's)
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptyWed 18 Apr 2007, 1:26 am

ye i wont have type r brakes,not for a good while anyway so it will be ok.
when i do a a k20 conversion it will have enough power for big wheels not 2 make much of a difference.

i like Weds SA90's, http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/product.php?productid=1336&cat=6&page=2

think they could look good. have 2 choose wheels carefully tho, cud make or break the look of the car.
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptyThu 19 Apr 2007, 11:43 am

weds Cool
Back to top Go down
johnierice

johnierice

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptyFri 04 May 2007, 9:40 am

ezza wrote:
If you didnt already know that EP^ is an se, 15's dont fit over type R brakes plus there 5 stud.

As for what wheels, anything genuine (i.e. not rota's)

you can put 15s over ep3 brakes we did it at mt on a crx with the help of a grinder lol!
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptyFri 04 May 2007, 11:53 pm

hmmmm scratch (pondering new setup)
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptySun 06 May 2007, 8:39 pm

nice ep that, how do they get the indicators to stay on?
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. EmptyMon 07 May 2007, 12:57 am

In america they dont get side repeaters so they wire some in cus there 'madd JDM yo!!1', in america im pretty sure our indicators are there sidelights (parking lights?).

Either that or a well timed shot Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to do.............   what to do............. Empty

Back to top Go down

what to do.............
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Chat-
Jump to: