Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  Empty
PostSubject: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 9:23 pm

looking to get my mate who works in a metal fabrication company to see if he can make me up some spoiler tilt brackets, but need to actually get some in my hand to sort out the dimentions i need and what not.

can anyone help?
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 3:00 am

your gonna struggle to lend anythin mate, OMP made his own and said it wasnt that hard, i know it would be easier if you had them at hand but i'd say to just go at it.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 7:45 am

Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

PostSubject: Re: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 6:25 pm

yeahh i know their around jay but £55 for a couple of metal brackets just seems a bit of a joke when you can get the same sort of thing from focus for pence
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 6:28 pm

^^ agreed i did my number plate bracket for £3, B&Q FTW!!

Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

PostSubject: Re: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 7:27 pm

i might have a hunt round focus and see if i can bodge one together lol
Back to top Go down
evna

evna

PostSubject: Re: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 9:30 pm

what's the name of the fabricators he works for?
Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

PostSubject: Re: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 10:01 pm

ummmm hydrabolt i think, probably not anymore though lol.

aint there a diy way to do it using nuts and washers and shizzle?
Back to top Go down
evna

evna

PostSubject: Re: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 10:15 pm

I work for a cold rolled manufacturer. If someone can get me some pictures i could look at manufacturing these out of 45x45 angle, punched to suit.
Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

PostSubject: Re: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 11:01 pm

this guy got these made up by his mate.

he's asking for £50 delivered which is rediculous as you can get adjustable brackets from tegiwa for £55!!

http://www.ek9.org/forum/sale/11853-spoiler-tilt-brackets-ek9-org-users-only.html

what your reckon?
Back to top Go down
evna

evna

PostSubject: Re: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 12:10 am

That is the biggest load of shit ive seen. That's a 3mm RSA with a shitty spray job over the top.

you could a piece of strut and do that in like ten mins with a pair of pliers and a drill.

Ill look into it.
Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

PostSubject: Re: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 12:50 am

haha i know yeah, his excuse was that its because he has to take time out of his day to do them, what a load of bullshit, worse thing is people are snapping his hand off for em.

but yeah mate if you could be get us some made up that would spot on! hopefully a bit cheaper too Wink lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)    Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Spoiler tilt brackets (to borrow)
Page 1 of 1