Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I'm keeping my EK3...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
benkei

benkei

So I'm keeping my EK3... Empty
PostSubject: So I'm keeping my EK3...   So I'm keeping my EK3... EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 4:51 am

Due to my plans falling through and my mystery car being out of reach again, I'm keeping my EK3 for a little longer. It's a great car as you all know, but I think i'll enjoy it more if I tweak it a little, mainly slammage! Been looking at suspension options around the £300 mark and found these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230488435921&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and also these a bit cheaper:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390222319237&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

What are your opinions?

Also, if anyone can point me to a nice and cheap intake which will fit (I can only find ones for EK4s) I'd be very happy! Then possibly looking at a new midpipe and de-cat, tints too... And then MAYBE stripping it (what do you do with the interior? Keep it or chuck it? Will chucking it make it harder to sell later on?) I'm getting carried away now I think... One step at a time!

Saying all this... I'f I could only find another £1k or so... http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1773535.htm Cool

It's not the car I'm keeping under wraps, but I do miss my old Jordan, and the B-series.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: So I'm keeping my EK3...   So I'm keeping my EK3... EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 5:38 am

im sure there both the same its just they got diferent names, decent coilovers for slamming and ride ok but there really soft and there not damper adjustable.

keep the interior, just put it to one side, depending on when and who buys it when you come to sell it ita always good to have it at hand i suppose.
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: So I'm keeping my EK3...   So I'm keeping my EK3... EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 6:45 am

get the Jamex's, If they don't go low enough you can take the little springs out
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: So I'm keeping my EK3...   So I'm keeping my EK3... EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 9:23 am

What do you mean by soft cus? The ride isn't as hard and solid as it could be?
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: So I'm keeping my EK3...   So I'm keeping my EK3... EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 9:32 am

well there still uprated so there gona be better then oem but you know like you can set some on the damper to be stiff/hard well these are soft but i suppose you could proberly buy stiffer springs if you wanted.
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: So I'm keeping my EK3...   So I'm keeping my EK3... EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 9:38 am

I may get them and see how they go...

Good to see you out earlier too Ezza... I need VTEC lol.
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: So I'm keeping my EK3...   So I'm keeping my EK3... EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 11:46 pm

haha, i was on the way back from work and took a little detour to say hi, i had just got in it so had no vtec till i was on the way back, lol
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: So I'm keeping my EK3...   So I'm keeping my EK3... EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 4:45 am

Yeh, no 'teccin' til it's warm! I miss the changeover man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm keeping my EK3...   So I'm keeping my EK3... Empty

Back to top Go down

So I'm keeping my EK3...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Car related :: Car related chat-
Jump to: