HomeSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 

Wierd Squeeking Noise from front of my Civic, please help!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sukhy96

PostSubject: Wierd Squeeking Noise from front of my Civic, please help!   Thu 23 Sep 2010, 9:41 pm

Hey everyone,

2 days ago i noticed a strange squeeking noise coming from the front of my civic when i had drove the car for around an hour without the noise and all of a sudden it started after i went over a speedbump, the car is lowered on its lowest setting (Koni adjustables). The squeeking happens whenever i slow down and come to a stop or when turning the steering wheel either way slowly while driving and when the car is still and turning the wheel. It happened yesterday only after around 30-40mins into my drive too. Anybody got any suggestions on what could be causing this noise? Hope it isn't nothing too serious.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cus

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Squeeking Noise from front of my Civic, please help!   Fri 24 Sep 2010, 3:14 am

i'd have to listen to it first before i could tell you.

Ned
Dislikes Rota's

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Squeeking Noise from front of my Civic, please help!   Fri 24 Sep 2010, 3:17 am

dry ball joints maybe?

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Squeeking Noise from front of my Civic, please help!   Fri 24 Sep 2010, 3:33 am

The next time im on a long trip out in the car, i'll let you guys know if the sound comes back and if so i will report back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Squeeking Noise from front of my Civic, please help!   Fri 24 Sep 2010, 7:23 am

Id go with ball joints too, check them out/get some grease on them

View user profile
Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Squeeking Noise from front of my Civic, please help!   Fri 24 Sep 2010, 9:09 am

Just got back in now and when i was slowing down, stopping and accelerating from a stand still i heard a different noise like a grinding sorta noise from front right side. I think the brake caliper is sticking? as it happens when i press the brakes to a halt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ned
Dislikes Rota's

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Squeeking Noise from front of my Civic, please help!   Sat 25 Sep 2010, 1:48 am

have you checked to see if your brake pads are low?

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Squeeking Noise from front of my Civic, please help!   Sat 25 Sep 2010, 2:16 am

Going to check the front brakes tomorrow for any wear to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wierd Squeeking Noise from front of my Civic, please help!   

Back to top Go down

Wierd Squeeking Noise from front of my Civic, please help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Tech :: Suspension/Brakes-
Jump to: