Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*

Go down 
+13
EM1_Yo
Stokes
WhittyBoi
Saifskyline
Darkside
Ned
skyrocket
Danny
Dave_t
cus
ezza
Powelly
griffo20022
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
griffo20022

griffo20022

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* Empty
PostSubject: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 8:04 am

Hey guys, Well this is my 1992 Honda Civic VEi (1.5 Vtec-E D15Z1)

Bought it just over a week ago now, and so far i'm really happy with it Very Happy I've wanted an EG since I was about 14 or so, so it's really good to have finally got hold of one Very Happy

It's pretty basic trim wise, in fact it'd be perfect for a track car shell lol! No sunroof or leccy windows etc. I would have like a sunroof but hey ho, spose it's less to go wrong lol! It does however come with a not so great interior but meh, i'll get that sorted eventually Very Happy

The car came on the 17" Amir Kahn alloys which don't look too bad tbf, however I'm not a fan of 17's on these IMO, far too big! I have a set of 15x7 ET35ish Exips in my garage which i'm looking to get stripped and powdercoated in white to eventually swap the 17's with so they won't stay for long Very Happy It also came with a custom cat-back stainless exhaust system which I was a little sceptacle (SP?) about at first thinking it'd sound like a bean can but tbh it doesn't sound bad at all so providing it doesn't cause me any problems It'll stay Smile. The cars also been lowered on what appears to be just lowering springs which don't feel too bad tbf although I will be eventually looking into coilovers, there better than stock ride height for the time being though so it's all good Very Happy

With regards to progress it will be a little slow as I need to wait for next payday to really get the ball rolling with this as I had to tax it etc. when buying it lol so bear with me Smile Heres a couple pics anyway....

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* DSCF0006

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* DSCF0005

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* DSCF0004

So far since buying it I have done a few bits and bobs, but it's more maintenence stuff as I bought the car with no history what so ever, so getting everything upto spec so I know it will stay reliable for me! What i've done so far:

-Checked and adjusted ignition timing
-New HT leads
-New Fuel Filter
-New "Aero" wiper blades
-Removed rear wiper (Need to properly delete it)
-Added a couple stickers lol

Think thats it so far, going to be doing an oil change this weekend and next payday I shall be having the timing belt done so I know it should be all good then! As for future plans I'll be looking to get my Exips sorted and fitted, coilovers, possibly change the interior from the beigey one I currently have, and a few other bits and bobs. I'm not after a performance car from it, just something reliable tidy and fun in the corners for a bit of B road blasting! Smile

When I changed the fuel filter today I decided to empty what was in the old filter thinking I can bung it back in the fuel tank being a stingey git lol! Although when I tipped it out into a glass it was looking like so....

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* 05102010173

F*cking HORRIBLE lol! So that got tipped away! God knows when it was last changed! Reason i've done the ignition timing and fuel filter etc. is that the cars currently got a slight hesitation on part throttle and since doing the filter tonight it's still there a little but generally a million times better to before!! You can see why too tbf! Hopefully it'll just still be a bit of sh*t fuel it's going through and it'll eventually clear up? We'll see but it's getting there slowly Very Happy

Hopefully I haven't bored you guys lol! I promise it'll get better when I next get paid lol!

Last edited by griffo20022 on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 4:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 8:12 am

Hell yeah I remember you saying you were going to ditch the ghey 17's hell yeah plenty of potential here for much WIN.....whats next on the build then??
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 8:15 am

Looks like a clean base

I suppose i dont have to mension drop and rims, Wink
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 8:19 am

Haha thanks guys, drop and rims are priority! Aswell as doing something with the interior lol!

Here are the wheels I will be fitting, excuse the fact that the wheels currently filthy lol!

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* 23092010160

Like I say i'll be looking to get them dipped to strip all the old paint and crud off and then I shall be getting them powdercoated white and have Exip logos made up for the center badges as a couple of them have had them wear off. There pretty cool wheels, spose they look very similar to the likes of BBS RA's or something?

Other little things I hadn't mentioned i'm looking into is import plates on Tegiwa tilted plate mounts, amber indis, USDM rear light mod etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 8:21 am

BBS i like... They old golf wheels....

Slammed / coilovers + Import plates on Tegiwa tilted plate mounts, amber indis, USDM rear light mod = win your on the right track with this mukka..
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 8:29 am

should look decent when its all done
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 10:51 am

looked good at the meet, clean base
blended in well with the other white eg's Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 3:01 am

Just thought i'd add some decent daylight piccies I just took lol.

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* IMG_0615

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* IMG_0616

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 8:01 am

bodywork looks mint mate!

I dont know how u roll around with those wheels on though, ur more of a man than I am, Im on oem 350Z wheels atm and i feel like a twont
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 8:23 am

i kind of miss my old vei haha
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 7:16 pm

cus wrote:
i kind of miss my old vei haha

I've never seen a car get so much abuse in my life
It was a testament to Hondas reliablity
Back to top Go down
Danny

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyFri 08 Oct 2010, 7:22 am

Dude... Are you the actual Griffo from my old days of youth? Pug that Tugs? Some crazy Volvo with a Renault engine?

Also, are those rims the Vaux or VW variant? as i have a set of the VW version but dont know what to fit them too...
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 2:14 am

Hey dude, yer that's me lol! Small world haha!

Quick update on this. I was getting real p*ssed off with having the 17's on lol, no real reason as such but they were just bugging me, so this morning I thought f*ck it and stuck my Exips on hehe!

Need to give them a wipe over but they look pretty cool and sit pretty nicely on the car Very Happy The tyres a little balloony but I can live with that for the time being Smile Haven't got any pics with the car settled, just from what I took swapping them over, shall get some ones with it all settled probs a little later. I think they'll look real nice with the car lower eventually Very Happy

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* 09102010176

Sneak peak of my little wheel emporium in the background lol!

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* 09102010177

After finishing the back end off Smile Like I say i'll give them a tidy up at some point along with a clean set of wheel nuts, will probs lookout for a decent set of winter steels or something and do them a couple months down the line Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 3:47 am

i have a set of 20 red steel bulge wheel nuts...would go nice with the white...see the for sale section...lols

cars comming together nicely

you gonna rock ebay sleeves or go coils?
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 4:03 am

Hmmmm I may take you up on those wheel nuts bud! Will have a think about those Smile I think they could work like you say!

I defo wanna go proper coilovers, even if it's just the budget Ebay ones. They won't be far away Smile May get some next pay lol
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 6:41 am

Some fantastic progress going on here just needs putting on her arse, p.s I have the same nut's on my coupe cant fault them id snap them up at that price.

Order some ebays for now, there not that bad I had a set on within the hour on my mate coupe today, he loved it, easy to fit when you know how, hit me up if you need a hand dude just chuck us a drink...

@ Skyrocket PM me dude do you still want urz doing??
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 6:44 am

at some point, gotta handle the centre silencer issue first, but ive decided to do the headers and decat it at the same time....and i cant help think real deal coilies may arrive at some point in december...

slight hyjack...lols

get the vulture hat on....benkei' civic is getting parted out after a front ender
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 6:49 am

I agree mate.
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 8:07 am

Hehe had these little bits n bobs turn up today Razz

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* 13102010187

Cupholder console and ITR Gearknob. I thought the cupholder was pretty quirky so thought i'd bag me that and I thought the knob looked pretty funky too lol!
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 8:11 am

Unopened bud can FTL
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 8:54 am

Meh, good things come to those who wait. It'll be dead the weekend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyFri 15 Oct 2010, 3:47 pm

dont usually feel the red wheel vibe but think this looks pretty dope, old pic i had that i just stumbled across...

the wheels look similar to yours, thought i'd post it up just to give you an idea....

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* 2slammedegs
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyFri 15 Oct 2010, 9:34 pm

do it! ^ works well
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptyFri 15 Oct 2010, 11:13 pm

That does work exceptionally well mate...
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* EmptySat 16 Oct 2010, 2:02 am

I know yer haha, that has indeed thrown a spanner in my little plan as that looks the b*llocks tbf lol!

Other great thing is the fact I can get hold of red paint for f-all lol Razz

Looking at the pic closely too with those center caps I actually think they are Exips aswell lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* Empty

Back to top Go down

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Car related :: Gallery/Builds-
Jump to: