Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???

Go down 
+4
cus
benkei
griffo20022
Dave_t
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave_t

Dave_t

S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? Empty
PostSubject: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 4:14 am

Can anyone find a how to thread on how to do the 'pigeon mod' on an s14. have an idea of it, but would be good to have a write up
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 4:39 am

Not the most helpful of posts I know but isn't it just a case of removing the dump valve and bunging off the hole?

I don't think it's extremely healthy for the engine either tbh as the sound you hear is pressure spinning back through the turbo causing turbo stall iirc
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 4:44 am

yeah, that is it in a nut shell. just wanted to take a look at a write up/pics before i start removing stuff.

ive done some reading, and on the whole its not as destructive to the turbo as some make out. in theory it does put strain on it, but not so much as it will just 'blow'. so many people run no recirc/dumpvalve without any problems.
ive bought a 3" tial bov adapter, so when i get a fmic i can run my tial bov. as its still standard for now, i want some chatter to keep me happy lol
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 4:47 am

No tbh I spose at the end of the day, a small amount of pressure etc like 20PSi or what not is hardly going to damage steel lol. It's not like it'll destroy anything overnight anyway lol! Oldskool rally cars etc. used to run stupid amounts of boost back in the day with no form of BOV for hours and it never seemed to bother them??

Rock it man you'll find out if it was a bad move when you lose boost and see plumes of smoke out your exhaust, until then.....Have fun! Razz
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 5:00 am

Loads of highly tuned Jap cars don't run BOVs. Turns out you don't actually need them lol.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 12:12 pm

everyone on df said it doesnt fark the turbo up, im sure they will know what there on about, dave ... i dunno why you just dont do the mod?? its not hard, and if it doesnt work which i highley doubt then i suppose you can just put the other stuff back on.

what could be harder then bungin up 2 holes??

the reason for you not being able to find write up's etc is because there is no need for anyone to do so because its so fuckin easy to do.
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? EmptyFri 15 Oct 2010, 6:37 am

cus wrote:
the reason for you not being able to find write up's etc is because there is no need for anyone to do so because its so fuckin easy to do.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Swampy442

Swampy442

PostSubject: Re: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 7:56 pm

Just disconnect the bov dude, you dont have to remove it. I posted a thread on another forum about the same subject, trying to get a definitive answer. Alot of big power Supras dont run bovs and Im taking mine off over the winter. And the noise is actually compressor surge Smile
All the rumours of turbos flying out of engines is just interwebz chat, unless its a JZ engine with stock ceramic turbos...
I thought 20psi or 1.5bar was quite alot!
Back to top Go down
MARC MOSS

PostSubject: Re: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? EmptyThu 10 Mar 2011, 6:58 pm

It killed my ct9 hybrid well I say killed it was loosin boost first then it started smoking bad!
Ended up with lots of shaft play, as for the Subaru turbos they are strong enough to handle it but I'm not sure about the Nissan ones, I have a nightpager screamer and a gauze on my turbo now because of lack of space and that sounds amazing with the bov disconnected
Back to top Go down
EM1_Yo

EM1_Yo

PostSubject: Re: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? EmptyThu 10 Mar 2011, 8:31 pm

My S14 ran pigeon an still does with the current owner JoeyH. It's fine on a 200 as they have steel turbo's.

I did the mod myself.

From memory

You can buy a kit but all you need are 2 x dump valve blanking bungs and a short length of approx 30mm ID hose. The dump valve is located on the left hand side of the engine bay as your stood looking at it (drivers side) tucked up behind/around the battery. Remove the vac hose and bung it up. I used a bolt and clamped it with the hose clip. Remove the re-circ part which comes off the dump valve goes across the front of the cam cover and into the air intake pipe. You need a 25mm bung to put into the intake pipe and use the hose clip to tighten it up. Then the feed to the dump valve comes from a hard plastic pipe, this is why you need the hose. Disconnect the pipe from the DV (you can now unbolt and remove the valve completely) cut a short length off the 30mm hose attch it then place your 30mm bung in the end and hey presto, your pigeon'd

Here it is in pics

http://www.jull.co.uk/s14-s15-tech-guides/fitting-a-pigeon
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? EmptyThu 10 Mar 2011, 8:51 pm

i used a broom handle Cool

got wood?
Back to top Go down
joeyh

joeyh

PostSubject: Re: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 7:37 am

EM1_Yo wrote:
My S14 ran pigeon an still does with the current owner JoeyH. It's fine on a 200 as they have steel turbo's.

I did the mod myself.

From memory

You can buy a kit but all you need are 2 x dump valve blanking bungs and a short length of approx 30mm ID hose. The dump valve is located on the left hand side of the engine bay as your stood looking at it (drivers side) tucked up behind/around the battery. Remove the vac hose and bung it up. I used a bolt and clamped it with the hose clip. Remove the re-circ part which comes off the dump valve goes across the front of the cam cover and into the air intake pipe. You need a 25mm bung to put into the intake pipe and use the hose clip to tighten it up. Then the feed to the dump valve comes from a hard plastic pipe, this is why you need the hose. Disconnect the pipe from the DV (you can now unbolt and remove the valve completely) cut a short length off the 30mm hose attch it then place your 30mm bung in the end and hey presto, your pigeon'd

Here it is in pics

http://www.jull.co.uk/s14-s15-tech-guides/fitting-a-pigeon

Yep sall good,like duncan said steel turbo so will be fine,i have no plans to swap for a dump valve,holds boost really well too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???   S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

S14A Pigeon Mod - How To ???
Page 1 of 1