Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

points and a fine :(

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ringy_01

Ringy_01

points and a fine :( Empty
PostSubject: points and a fine :(   points and a fine :( EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 3:03 am

Hi people. Just found out through my head office that I've been caught speeding doin 42 in a 30 Sad
Apparently I'm getting points and a fine. Just wonderd if anyone know the procedure with insurance companys?
Do. I have to tell them now or when I renew and will I still get bummed as it was in the work van and not my car .
Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: points and a fine :(   points and a fine :( EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 5:33 am

Cant you go on a speed awareness course?

I recently got done doing 38 in a 30 and was offered a speed awareness course + £60 to pay over points and a fine.

as for insuramce are you fully comp and legit with ur insurance?
Back to top Go down
Ringy_01

Ringy_01

PostSubject: Re: points and a fine :(   points and a fine :( EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 6:47 am

I'm tpf&t bud, does that make a difference then??
If I can go on a course I will but like I say the letter went to my works head office as it was in a works van,
So I dunno what's been offerd all I know is iv been caught speedin n gettin done for it lol
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: points and a fine :(   points and a fine :( EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 8:42 am

same here, when its forwarded to you officially you should get a leaflet about it.

Im just saying if ur tpf&t u wont be missing out on much if your insurance is voided from not telling them about points
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: points and a fine :(   points and a fine :( EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 3:17 pm

you have to tell your insurance as soon as the offence is committed and recorded by the officer.
if its your forst set of points most insurance folk dont give a hoot, least they didnt when i got mine for doing 49 in a 30 and racing an unmarked zcar.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: points and a fine :(   points and a fine :( EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 10:48 pm

if your works is insuring you then im pretty sure they will tell there insurance company as it will make it void

if your insuring yourself then its your choice if to tell them and risk getting caught out, your insurance will go up though

a few of my friends have got points in the past and didnt bother tellin there insurance, your ok aslong as you dont smash into someone or kill them but yeah your insurance will be void
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: points and a fine :(   points and a fine :( Empty

Back to top Go down

points and a fine :(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Chat-
Jump to: