Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mattcivic

Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as... Empty
PostSubject: Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as...   Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as... EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 10:59 am

As in the part of the chasis, need to cut it of so can weld it on to replace a auto one.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as...   Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as... EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 11:04 am

you should be able to buy one of these in spurious from somewhere, where i have no idea!
Back to top Go down
mattcivic

PostSubject: Re: Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as...   Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as... EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 9:17 pm

Cus I don't understand that reply in the slightest? :s LOL.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as...   Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as... EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 11:10 pm

you can get spurious parts as in not genuine, somewhere that stocks spurious parts should sell them, if you go to a shop like road runner or car spares somewhere like that they may be able to get you one, if not those places then try body repair shops etc

to get one off a car would be a complete bitch to do, the welds dont come off easily and even still you would need to kind of hit it then that may lead to it bending an deforming out of shape.

you'll see what i mean if you try and get one off, trust me they dont come off easily, i had to do the same kind of thing with a slam panel on the front of my old EG, after hours of TRYING drill the welds out with all the correct drill bits it just wouldent budge, ended up smashing it off in the end haha
Back to top Go down
mattcivic

PostSubject: Re: Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as...   Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as... EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 11:26 pm

Welll we managed to get one off, weld it into my EG and it's running and driving with a manual B18C/S80 :p LOL.

Only thing is it's not in the perfect place causing the drive shaft to knock!

So the whole thing has gotta come out again and be done again.

Honda can get them for £40 but there's like a 4 week lead time on them!
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as...   Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as... EmptySat 15 Jan 2011, 12:06 am

As cus suggested try Car spares or Euro car parts (they have began to stock Honda stuff) if not it looks like a 4 week wait unless you want to try Ripping one out..
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as...   Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as... EmptySat 15 Jan 2011, 1:12 am

mattcivic wrote:
Welll we managed to get one off, weld it into my EG and it's running and driving with a manual B18C/S80 :p LOL.

Only thing is it's not in the perfect place causing the drive shaft to knock!

So the whole thing has gotta come out again and be done again.

you sure it was running and drivable? sounds like it ran like a dream from that video you posted!! pale
Back to top Go down
mattcivic

PostSubject: Re: Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as...   Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as... EmptySat 15 Jan 2011, 9:53 am

First gearbox I had was fucked.

Second gearbox is perfect and it's definitely not that at fault. It's something driveshaft related, got to be.

I'm doubting it's the gearbox mount now as we've checked with dom's car and they're both in the exact same place, can't be that now! Tomorrow's a new day though and it WILL be perfect very soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as...   Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as... Empty

Back to top Go down

Manual mount from a EG civic? Cannock or as close as...
Page 1 of 1