Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raceland Coilovers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Powelly

Powelly

Raceland Coilovers  Empty
PostSubject: Raceland Coilovers    Raceland Coilovers  EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011, 11:42 am

Tip of the day don't, just don't..

6/7 hours to fit on to Griffos EG, they come without top hats and have super long springs, The LCA bolt that the come with them didnt fit through the bush, the poly bushes IMO are too fat and dont give the strut from the shock enough clearance to poke back though the chassis. So when inserting back though the top hats., its very difficult to get enough clearance to do the bolt back up. They also have a funny lip where they go in to the front fork that if you are not careful can miss and they slip straight through unless you tighten up the bolt on the fork before hand.

All in all a very long job with out a lot of drop, the fronts look spot on now and can go a lot lower however i'm no too sure about the rears and I think a grinder on the backs take a few rings off to get the right height.. Both of us today were amazed with what should have been a 2 hour maxx job. Having googled around and read similar stories my advise to any one would be not to purchase these not because of quality but fitting them is a bastard.

As ive said to Griff more than welcome fella to pop back next weekend and we can re adjust and grind off a few rings on the rears, get that EG sitting pert and low.

Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Raceland Coilovers    Raceland Coilovers  EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011, 1:15 pm

sounds like you had a bit of a ball game even though i didnt really understand anythin lol

from what i gathered it was hard to compress the sping enough to get enough thred to put the bolt back on the top to hold them together, i dunno which way you did it but there are 2 ways, to keep the top hat bolted to the car then use the weight of the car to compress it or use spring compressors.

what you got to bare in mind is that there a cheap coilover, for the £150 or so that they are they are worth the struggle either that or spend another £2-300 and get some that arnt gonna be a pain to fit.

i had trouble with my koni's, its just finding a way round it.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Raceland Coilovers    Raceland Coilovers  EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011, 7:12 pm

Yeah we struggled to get the bolt back though the top hat, it was a nightmare mate..
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: Raceland Coilovers    Raceland Coilovers  EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011, 10:07 pm

Thanks for that Powelly! Was a pain on the arses job to do. Regarding the polybushes they are Energy suspensions bushes so not really a Raceland problem but yer, defo something to weigh up when doing suspension stuffs!

As for the rears being too high I think I may have found the solution and am yet to carry it out to confirm. From what I've read, raceland have a bad habit of supplying the springs on the wrong shocks, meaning we have unknowingly ended up fitting the rear springs to the front and vice versa. I'm going to swap them over and confirm this, if this is the case ill update with part no.s for which is which to try help people in future!

In all fairness though tbh they ride pretty darn well! Regarding ride quality for the monkey from what driving I've done on em since yesterday, for the money I can't knock them! As we said yesterday Jay I think it'd probe been a little easier if we could have removed the top hats lol!
Back to top Go down
lance

lance

PostSubject: Re: Raceland Coilovers    Raceland Coilovers  EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 3:36 am

I got these on mine. ride ain't too bad isit powell? Smile
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Raceland Coilovers    Raceland Coilovers  EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 3:59 am

I had raceland seats in my bb1, cheap and cheerful tbf,
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Raceland Coilovers    Raceland Coilovers  EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 6:11 am

lance wrote:
I got these on mine. ride ain't too bad isit powellY? Smile

Nah there on Griffos eg not mine.

were awful to fit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raceland Coilovers    Raceland Coilovers  Empty

Back to top Go down

Raceland Coilovers
Page 1 of 1