Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Benkei's Supra

Go down 
+15
EM1_Yo
mart609
Sukhy96
Chris
ezza
tesh
Dave_t
cus
Ned
Attley
hadyn
skyrocket
FakeSplits
Powelly
benkei
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mart609

mart609

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Feb 2011, 8:21 pm

nice purchase benkei!
i've seen that blue 1 with the carbon a few times
theres also a black 1 parked up opposite the college / texaco garage (used to be bp) bilston/wolvehampton
Back to top Go down
hadyn

hadyn

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 4:44 am

benkei wrote:

I had a quick peek behid the wheels and can see a yellow shock with blue springs, any idea what they could be? The tops are plain so no giveaways there!
Once that's done I can get the wheels aligned so she's driving true. You know a good place right Ezz? They did your 200sx?

...Then I need to investigate the engine, see if I have either or both decats, check the air filter, and find out what is going on engine wise before I make any plans! Also get some decent photos to put up!

Yellow shocks sound like the factory option Bilstein suspension package. These are a very good suspension setup and offer the perfect compromise between daily driving and a sports setup. Springs might be aftermarket though as they were black on mine. Overly firm/crashy ride doesnt sound right, as although the ride on my old ones was firm, it certainly was comfortable and planted Smile

Feel free to bring your car round mine or I can come to you to have a look at it and can confirm if you are single or double decat, fuel cut defender on it etc etc.

How much boost is it running?
Back to top Go down
http://www.octaneboost.co.uk
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 5:32 am

Seems like a REALLY hard ride for just springs? Just had another quick look and there is a gold sticker on the shocks which mention hight adjustment...? I'll be taking the wheels off tomorrow to have a better look. And you're welcome to come round mate and have a check see what it's got! If you know how to operate the Apexi FC that would help too! I'm scared to touch it incase I fark something up! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 5:38 am

lol, i was the same with my profec E-01, still am really
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Feb 2011, 4:18 am

Finally got my PC back! So I've worked on the car a bit and took some new photos to share with you all Smile

So firstly, I just about managed to get the scissor-jack under the Supe and took one of the front wheels off to see what suspension is on...

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0192

You were right Hadyn, looks like the Bilstein shocks, with some aftermarket springs? Still, it's a REALLY hard ride! The tyre-wear is bad too, the inside of the tyres are balding! So my next purchase will probably be some adjustable coilovers to keep a good low ride height, but slightly soften the ride.

As there was not much else I could do until then, I gave her a good clean, as she was filthy (joys of owning a white car!), then stickered her up! Enjoy Very Happy

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0193

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0201

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0196

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0198

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0197

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0199

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0194

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0207

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0200

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0206
Super Clean Engine Bay!!!

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0202

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0205

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0204

Also thinking about changing the bucket seat as my back is too wide so I don't fit in it properly! The passenger one is really comfy though!

Also might change the triple-plate clutch for a standard or stage 1. I'm getting used to it now, but it's not ideal for daily driving. Also need to check what decats I've got, if any, and check out the panel filter, see if that needs replacing.
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Feb 2011, 5:04 am

U will get used to it i wudn change clutch
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Feb 2011, 7:34 am

holla at me if your going to get rid of the recaro.

you'll probably get decent money for the bilstein set-up too. do meister-r do supra fitment?

i know what you mean about the clutch, on the s14 its the same. BUT with the extra power that 2JZ is pushing, i think it needs it. on sr20det's, any more power than standard and the oem clutch doesnt last.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
hadyn

hadyn

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Feb 2011, 10:00 am

Bilsteins might need a refurb then. They give a firm not hard ride.

Another bit of good news for you (if you dont know) is that you have the larger UK spec brakes fitted, which are far superior to the stock JDM brakes Smile

I can come round and check your exhaust to see if its decatted and have a look at your panel filter.

If the car is running 1.2 bar boost, then its usually a sure sign that both cats have been removed
Back to top Go down
hadyn

hadyn

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Feb 2011, 10:02 am

Dave_t wrote:
...on sr20det's, any more power than standard and the oem clutch doesnt last.

Yeah I smoked out the stock clutch on my old S14 back in the day running 1 bar with a zorst and air filter Smile
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Feb 2011, 10:09 am

get rid of that front bumper, spats an sideskirts, looks gash.

it would look so much better with a drop (not slammed) and some sick wheels.
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Feb 2011, 10:30 am

Yeh, I requested the big brakes as the J-Spec ones can be quite weedy!

I'm currently running 1.1 bar of boost, so may have just one cat removed? I'll need a restrictor ring if I remove the second, right?

Dave - Yeh, the OEM clutch would last about 6-12 months running BPU through it, depending how it's driven. This (I believe it's HKS) tripple-plate clutch will take all kinds of death and last a life-time! The flywheel may be uprated too.

As for Meister-Rs - -I don't think they do Supra fitment, which is gutting, they'd be perfect!

How can you say Top Secret kit looks gash Cus? You need to get out of your box and get some variation! It IS dropped and the wheels ARE sick! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Feb 2011, 1:01 pm

top secret... meh!

maybe in yours eye's dude, my style is WAYYY different though!

i always think out the box dont you worry about me tongue
Back to top Go down
hadyn

hadyn

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Feb 2011, 8:28 pm

benkei wrote:
I'm currently running 1.1 bar of boost, so may have just one cat removed? I'll need a restrictor ring if I remove the second, right?

Well you definately have had the Fuel Cut removed (probably by the Power FC) as the stock fuel cut on Supra TTs is 1 bar. Hopefully you have had at least one of the cats removed, as running higher boost than 1 bar with both cats in can cause EGTs(Exhaust Gas Temperatures) to soar which is bad.

If you remove both cats without a restrictor ring then the wastegates become overawed and theoretically you can run very high levels of boost. Fuelling is only really good for 1.2 bar on stock twin turbos, anything over that on the stock twins with stock fuelling is just heating up the charge, which again is very bad for your turbos and engine Smile
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Feb 2011, 10:33 pm

What about hsd's? Ezz rates them an nothing but good feedback on the net
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Feb 2011, 3:23 am

^^ this
do it!
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Feb 2011, 5:15 am

I may be getting HSDs.... ¬¬
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Feb 2011, 5:39 am

Just been told I have this clutch... Shocked

OS Giken Triple Disk Clutch
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Feb 2011, 6:22 am

OS OG- Tripple OG Giken - hella expensive, and will probably out live the car itself.
damn, where did you get the car from? he's spent some serious money on it
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Feb 2011, 9:29 am

I think it's a bit overkill for a BPU... This is more suitable for a big single around 600+!

Imported from Japan, don't know who owned it over there but there's a lot of expensive stuff on this Supe!
Back to top Go down
EM1_Yo

EM1_Yo

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Feb 2011, 8:46 pm

cus wrote:

Sorry dude but I'm with Cus, standard Supra looks better IMO and the wheels would be ok if they had dish and were wider they
just don't fill the arches Rolling Eyes

Ultimately if you like it then that's cool Wink
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 5:48 am

EM1_Yo wrote:
cus wrote:

Sorry dude but I'm with Cus, standard Supra looks better IMO and the wheels would be ok if they had dish and were wider they
just don't fill the arches Rolling Eyes

Ultimately if you like it then that's cool Wink

To be fair, I like standard Supras, but ONLY if they have the OEM skirts, spats and front spoiler, otherwise they look too dated and plain. Some nice deep dish rims help a lot with that look, but still... Very boring IMO.
Back to top Go down
hadyn

hadyn

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2011, 6:48 am

Supras dated? NEVER

The stock bodyline is a classic IMO!
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2011, 4:55 am

hadyn wrote:
Supras dated? NEVER

The stock bodyline is a classic IMO!

To be fair, an example on mkivsupra.net showing a Supra from the side against an Aston Martin DB9 (I think) and the shape was very similar! So it does hold it's own quite well! But I stick with my original comment, the Supra can look 1,000,000 times better with a little suble tweaking to bring it up to date. A classic car, it most certainly will be Smile

And it's update time!

Today... I got these...

Benkei's Supra - Page 2 IMG_0208

Cool
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2011, 5:03 am

Noooooooooooo111111111

I'm on my second set of tein, dontvreally rate them tbf, shoulda gone for hsd's for slightly more
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2011, 5:05 am

These ARE HSDs... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benkei's Supra   Benkei's Supra - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Benkei's Supra
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next