Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Short time at work :(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EM1_Yo

EM1_Yo

Short time at work :( Empty
PostSubject: Short time at work :(   Short time at work :( EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 8:41 pm

Well I'm fucked !! My hours have been reduced to 24hrs a week as my work have been really slow since just before christmas Crying or Very sad

This is a real shitter and any plans for the koop are goin to have to go royally on the back burner. I prob wont be able to come to meets for a while
as it's a 100mile round trip for me and I just wont be able to afford the fuel.

Obviously I'm already looking for a new job / part time work elsewhere so will have to see how it goes really
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Short time at work :(   Short time at work :( EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 9:32 pm

What do you work as?
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: Short time at work :(   Short time at work :( EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 9:33 pm

that really sucks mate Sad
Back to top Go down
EM1_Yo

EM1_Yo

PostSubject: Re: Short time at work :(   Short time at work :( EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 9:38 pm

I work for a kitchen & bathroom company. I'm not a fitter I can CAD design and I do sales etc etc
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Short time at work :(   Short time at work :( EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 10:27 pm

Thats a shitter mate....seems like alot of people having reduced hours etc. lately....

i work for Alstom. its a huge international company, that specialize in Power, Grid, Transport - Rolling stock, signalling and infastructure and up untill recently, ship building.

I work in the transport sector, doing an electrical/electronic & mechanical apprenticeship.
At our depot, we maintain and uprgrades/mods the Pendolino Virgin Trains which we buillt.

4 year apprenticeship - which you had to do:

-PEO (Performing Engineering Opperations
-ONC Electrical/Electronics
-HNC Electrical/Electronics

and then they added an NVQ Level 3 - Electrical Maintenance to it aswel

when me and Will, the other apprentice was hired it was too late in the college year to join the course they wanted us to get on, so we did about 8 month's on depot, which classed as our first year. Then we went on the college course and that started our second year.

so towards the end of last year, i was put in a team, and started my role as a trainee Team Member A, going from my nice permanent days to shift's, morning - afternoons - nights!
September was my passing out date, which then i would of finished my trainning contract and got my perminent team member A contract. which would mean more money, and hell, the real important thing, a confirmed Job!!!!

come septemeber and no one had mentioned anything to me. so i went and asked questions, which the HR manager replied to "Because you didnt do a full first year, and you still are finishing your last year at college, we will extend your training contract untill the following septemeber"

totally moved the goalposts last minute. i couldnt believe it

Thats a whole year added on to my apprenticeship.......another year of apprentice money isnt my problem, but its another year of not knowing if i will end up with a permanent contract. i went and saw the big cheese, our depot manager and he hit the roof, he was un-aware of what had gone on and assured me he would sort it. i was over the moon, and thought i would be handed my contract by the end of september.

i heard nothing for a few weeks, so i went and saw him again. To which he almost seemed apologetic, and explained his hands were tied with HR. The HR manager came in and basically told me in so many words, i was lucky to be on the money i am now as i hadnt done a full first year, and i was put on 2nd year money without completing the first year of college as i was on depot in my first year. I argued my case well but there was no way she was being swayed. it really blew the wind out of my sails

So now i will be finishing next septemeber, along with Will, and now the two other apprentices that started the following year to us. 4 guys coming out of there time together at the same time, and BOTH sam and kyle, the other apprentices's, their dads work for Alstom, and sams dad is the Apprentice manager!

more competition, and maybe some un-fair competition at that.

the only comfort is that its public knowledge at work that will and kyle are TERRIBLE at the job lol,

At the end of the day, i am already doing the job i will be doing, and the only one to have done the safety critical work assessment, so now i can complete jobs on my own and legally sign it off.

I had been put in my team to have 3 months getting used to shifts, and integrating with the Team, before passing out, standard procedure, which obviously now will be a year and 3 month's - so thats a plus

but still, a year of not knowing if i will have a job is killing me. cant make any plans, cant take out any loans - in limbo, and i dont mean the dance

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
EM1_Yo

EM1_Yo

PostSubject: Re: Short time at work :(   Short time at work :( EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 11:31 pm

Sounds like a real shitter mate Mad

I'm bout ready to say fark this country sell everything an do one. Not got a clue how or where mind but the more I look the more I see this country is falling apart. I mean I'm 33 and live in rented accommodation as I can't and probably never will get a mortgage. What is the point ?? When I think I've gotta work for another 30 odd years to get sod all pension and prob own nothing and have no savings it makes me wonder why I bother at all. I need to get a bird up the duff repeatedly and live off benefits.

Rant over Laughing
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Short time at work :(   Short time at work :( EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 12:13 am

shit mate, gutted for you, i know how you feel about the hole situation, i think its sucks that im having to think about my future NOW when instead i should be able to be " living free" so to say.

somethin always comes up just keep lookin and you'll find a new job with better pay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short time at work :(   Short time at work :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Short time at work :(
Page 1 of 1