Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what next, Car wise?

Go down 
+8
Ned
cus
mart609
pallett
tesh
lance
Attley
Powelly
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Powelly

Powelly

So what next, Car wise? Empty
PostSubject: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyThu 14 Apr 2011, 6:23 pm

I have been having thoughts lately over my recent choices in cars and have to say I fail when it comes to picking a good clean car, I admit this.

So choices choices, 1 thing I will say is that I really miss the Coupe, all that work & effort gone in to it, since parting ways with the coupe my car choices have gone down hill. Embarassed The Coupe was the only real project I had somewhat near completed and I miss that, having something from OEM to put my own stamp on.

So what to do? Sell the CRX (I need some steelies / cheap alloys as the ones on it I have borrowed & some oem Honda nuts) make a small profit then what.....

Last couple of days has really had me thinking, give me some inspiration.

Has to be Honda, Integra? another Coupe, an facelift EJ, EK4? I must mention Only B series, so converted one?

Im really drawn back to an facelift EM1 or a facelift EK4. But what colour?

My minds in a muddle.

Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyThu 14 Apr 2011, 9:56 pm

Why does it have to be Honda? I know they're amazing and will never be beat and awesome and brilliant and fantastic, but if your constantly looking for a new car that tells me your getting bored of what you've had. Why not try a different line of thought, there other sick gap cars that are cheap to insure/run that will give you bang for buck, and can look just as sick as a Honda. Take your knowledge, understanding and style if what you have done to your past cars and apply it to something else,
Back to top Go down
lance

lance

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyThu 14 Apr 2011, 10:27 pm

powell I think you want a mk2 golf xD

go for a fr and go drifting Smile
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyThu 14 Apr 2011, 10:46 pm

Attley wrote:
Why does it have to be Honda? I know they're amazing and will never be beat and awesome and brilliant and fantastic, but if your constantly looking for a new car that tells me your getting bored of what you've had. Why not try a different line of thought, there other sick gap cars that are cheap to insure/run that will give you bang for buck, and can look just as sick as a Honda. Take your knowledge, understanding and style if what you have done to your past cars and apply it to something else,

Nuff Said topic closed. On the other why dont you just buy my H2B EK plenty of power, and can still look sickkkkk. (Please note car needs some TLC) Smile
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyThu 14 Apr 2011, 11:10 pm

tesh wrote:
Attley wrote:

Nuff Said topic closed. On the other why dont you just buy my H2B EK plenty of power, and can still look sickkkkk. (Please note car needs some TLC) Smile

Would love to Tesh, but doubt I would be able to match what you would like for it or even come close, we speak about this before LOL.

Duane what are you saying errrmmm try something Nissan and RWD perhaps, maybe learn to drift?
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 12:05 am

Not necessarily, just something different as All I see at the minute is cycles of cars, dc2's, ek's etc popping up all the time, it might just be me but variety is best, there's other sick ff cars, fr, 4wd etc. Don't get me wrong I've still got a love for honda's, but compared to other jap cars they seem to be expensive for what you get imo, for example you can pick ip a sick s13/fc for the price of a decent eg/ek.

As I said if you've already had an ej, crx, eg, so on, so on and you have still not foun something that keeps you interested then maybe it's time for change.

Just my 2p,

I'm getting all philosophical on yo ass!
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 12:14 am

Get a colt or an fto, something different but not a million miles different really and don't see many nice ones usually always riced out, so with the style you aim for with fitment etc would be pretty rare and different to see which is always good.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 1:24 am

I have been leaning more towards an S13 if im being honest, Ive seen a few FC's on DW (Risky devil roto bro style) and for both pretty good specs around the 1500 mark. HSD's, rims, buckets, after market bits n bobs, pretty much getting way more bang for buck.

As you said Duane Ive been through a few Honda's the only one I kept for longer than 6 months was the coupe. It will be Jap, Pallett Im not really into Mitsibushi's however a retro Evo without all the rally art slammed on some rims would look nice, I think the question here is what could I afford, not only to run and insure but buy?

Pallett, Im going to have a good think, im going to get the CRX up for around £1650, would you say thats a steep price, start the ball rolling?

Then just shop around...
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 1:37 am

Just keep an eye out for summat you fancy, that's what I did and ended up with the fc,

So many cars out there for cheap brcause of the financial situation,

Tbf you dont see many s13s about anymore and you can get a nice one for 1500
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 1:38 am

Ps you don't have to drift all fr cars, they're quick in a straight lime and round corners too, hence the best sport cars are fr
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 1:50 am

ahmen, Im undecided yet but thought 10 heads are btter than one to give me some insperation.

Im not adverse to learning to drift and it would make sense in a cheap s13 even if I did knock it about a bit, replacment parts & cable ties FTW :-)

Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 1:52 am

somthing like this

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2723410.htm

:-o

edit its also on DW and SXOC.

Back to top Go down
mart609

mart609

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 3:34 am

i know this might not go down too well lol!
but forget about styling for 1st bit if you want a keeper.
find a car that puts a massive smile on your face when you drive it, after all thats what they're for
then when you have a car like that, then put your own stamp on it and make it look sick as

p.s. ezza mentioned something at the last meet that emperor performance had a s13 for sale
Back to top Go down
lance

lance

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 4:00 am

if u hang around ben it's hard not to get urself a fr car Wink
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 4:49 am

i think you should stop horse playing around, the way you keep buying cars i dont you will ever settle in one, you get one say your gonna do everythin to it then dont, with every car you've had.

Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 4:52 am

you should have kept the coupe. this is fact.
you should have then kept the EK. this is also fact.
you jump on the bandwagon way too quickly mate. don't say you dont cause they only reason you go the rex was cause spence got one.
you need to start from scratch imo. Almost all the cars you have brought have been modified in some way bar the coupe and this is the one you missed the most.
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 5:22 am

that silver ek was the perfect base for a proper project...it looked clean and rust free and ripe for a 1-2 year project....

if you want something to keep...you have to find something you like

id suggest something 4dr str8 with room to improve...maybe an accord or a civic go different and against the grain

if you have the same car as everybody else....you soon get tired of seeing the same thing at every meet/on the road

i love the fact that mine is the only 5thgen at every meet and neds is the only shuttle etc...go for a motor no one else has and go balls deep
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 5:28 am

word!
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 5:56 am

Indeed (fc grin Wink )
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 6:22 am

why dont you just do the rex up? save up and make that sick, there is on spence and pallet that have them on here (ithink) and then even still there going for the track look, you could make it look sick if you throw some money into it.
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 6:44 am

I like your CRX. little bit of work and you will be laughing
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 7:02 am

This ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 8:32 am

i agree with the 'you should finish what you have off' notion
Back to top Go down
lance

lance

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 8:47 am

really want to make my ek orange and get a cf boot
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 8:51 am

lance wrote:
really want to make my ek orange and get a cf boot

like that dude from the states on the blue work miester's?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what next, Car wise?   So what next, Car wise? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what next, Car wise?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next