Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

buying a civic eg6: things to look out for

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hashiriya San

buying a civic eg6: things to look out for Empty
PostSubject: buying a civic eg6: things to look out for   buying a civic eg6: things to look out for EmptyTue 10 May 2011, 1:07 pm

alright guys thought as there are so many civic lovers on here id ask,

what is it is my pals just picked up an eg6 1.5 esi cheap hes litterally just brought it as a run about while the private plates being sorted so he can tax his best car, its sat on dc2 teggy rims already, im looking if i have it to make it into abit of a project the arches are both gone, which is commen anyway from what i could see the rest looked to be ok with possibly abit of welding on 1 sill,

what else should i look out for???? engine seems pretty sweet but id be dropping a b18 into it anyway.

cheers
jim
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: buying a civic eg6: things to look out for   buying a civic eg6: things to look out for EmptyTue 10 May 2011, 8:08 pm

Being a UK car it's going to have rust issues. seen so many sick modded UK Eg's end up getting stripped and scrapped, rust is always lurking around the corner.

Main areas are rear arches, and sills really.

I'd 100% say search for a Japanese import. All of the Jdm honda's I've had have been totally
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Hashiriya San

PostSubject: Re: buying a civic eg6: things to look out for   buying a civic eg6: things to look out for EmptyWed 11 May 2011, 4:09 am

sorry i never stated i was looking at having his one,

not after to go completely nuts on this one like im doing on my gt4,

simple things to start with and this will be a full rolling project that i drive too

1st things 1st:
rear arches cut out and new ones welded in and sprayed
remove the horrific white sidestrips(on a blue car) and replace them with black
cheap coilovers
dc2 alloys resprayed in dark grey
carbon fibre rear boot spoiler
carbon fibre non vented bonnet
rollcage
b18 lump
brakes etc....

allowing me to get on with the gt4 in the meantime and possibly not put it on the road this year now.
Back to top Go down
Aky

Aky

PostSubject: Re: buying a civic eg6: things to look out for   buying a civic eg6: things to look out for EmptyThu 12 May 2011, 1:54 am

As Dave said, rust is main problem, rear trailing arm bushes and front wishbone bushes wear out easy aswell.
If it's got original dc2 alloys then it's had hub swap cos egs are 4x100 not 4x114 unless they are rota copies.
Also
Lsi is eg4 1.5 non vtec
Esi is eg5 1.6 sohc vtec
Vti is eg6 1.6 dohc vtec
Back to top Go down
Hashiriya San

PostSubject: Re: buying a civic eg6: things to look out for   buying a civic eg6: things to look out for EmptyThu 12 May 2011, 8:20 am

cheers mate

could be rota copies then UNFORTUNATLY lol

so its the lsi then, ive never understood the whole 4-5-6 thing with the civics but now i know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: buying a civic eg6: things to look out for   buying a civic eg6: things to look out for Empty

Back to top Go down

buying a civic eg6: things to look out for
Page 1 of 1