Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Markyboi's fd3s build

Go down 
+6
skyrocket
Ned
Sukhy96
Attley
Powelly
markyboi
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
markyboi
Sucio Bastardo Perezoso Español
markyboi

Markyboi's fd3s build  Empty
PostSubject: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 3:41 am

right had my rx7 fd3s for a while now and after doing little shits and bits to it i thought i would finally make a thread.

first found this car while at work (virgin media installer) and was doing a job at a customers house, he had an rx7 sat on his drive for 6 six months. He said i was more then welcome to have a look round it as he wanted rid... so i did! Smile

tried to start it but wouldnt quite turn so i got on to my mate joker who has had 4 FC's in the past so i had him to come over and get his two pence. so he started listing problems and every thing he suggested was a simple fix so thought fark it I'll give it a shot. so i handed 2 grand over and it was mine! Very Happy

after arrival of my new motor, my friend chris came round and together we changed the sparks plugs (a bastard to get to btw!) once the old ones were out we gave them a scrub and put them back in.

then key in and... it started both to our surprise!!!! amazing the gamble paid off! so a quick warm up and round the estate we went! pulled like a train and was running perfect! so back to mine for an oil change and then it was ready for an MOT and tax.

this will be picture happy at first.

when i first found it:
Markyboi's fd3s build  7b47dd05
Markyboi's fd3s build  F0071f38
Markyboi's fd3s build  A0cdb70e
Markyboi's fd3s build  C7db1ef2

first thing after the oil change... a clean!! the paint had seen better days
Markyboi's fd3s build  Cb5c0bca

but after a wash it all would be fine! Very Happy
Markyboi's fd3s build  Fdf44c4c

it came up really well after about 5 hours and several bottles of polish, wax, and a clay bar kit!
Markyboi's fd3s build  6f58c251
Markyboi's fd3s build  6a2c0e14
Markyboi's fd3s build  6b868193

so all is going really well adjusting to a rwd, then one very sunny day turns a little wet and i am on my way to go ice skating with the gf and her brother and cousin and this happens! Sad
Markyboi's fd3s build  2430a100

completely gutted very thing was going so well! hit the kurb on the outside of the island (going towards birmingham from stourbridge down the Halesowen bypass). the piss take of it was i wasnt even messing around because of having her young cousin in the car! typical! so after explaning my self to half of the gf's family i called and old friend who has a flat bed to pick me up.

Markyboi's fd3s build  01e14629

so the damage was the wheel (fucked!! snapped to spokes, egged the outer rim and destroyed the lip) the under arm, the iarm, the trailing arm and the drive shaft. managed to sort the parts from ebay for 90 pounds!! bargain! so got those fitted after a week with the worlds most shit alloys (tsw's type r) but here's how it looked.

Markyboi's fd3s build  34b6d3ab
Markyboi's fd3s build  696d2adc

so after hearing through the grape vine, i found that chris wilson (darkness) had a pair of wheels MS-02's
Markyboi's fd3s build  797f7cde

as well as the new rear wheels i removed the spoiler and love the look!
Markyboi's fd3s build  C7a193dc
Markyboi's fd3s build  8492af11

the only thing is i got a re-a duck bill spoiler and i am in two minds weather to use it or not??? what do you guys think? also had a diffuser to fit aswell! Smile
Markyboi's fd3s build  B5528841
Markyboi's fd3s build  B2380658
BTW ^^^^^ thats darkness's old rex

after a little deliberation i decided to buy darkness's old ms-02's but this time they were all 9j and two were in black and two in gold

Markyboi's fd3s build  Ee2978af
Markyboi's fd3s build  32c2369c

as have a set of 25mm spacers aswell
Markyboi's fd3s build  B0127552

but yeah.. lazy eye kit, hand brake button (thanks ezza) dvd coilovers and sticker bomb later heres how it looks now
Markyboi's fd3s build  Fb8d9c6f
Markyboi's fd3s build  Ced63a7b

btw for every one who doesnt know its an auto twin turbo... but have currently have the parts sat in bens garage now and booked in for friday aslong as the clutch comes in time! (an xtd stage 4 paddle clutch)
Markyboi's fd3s build  P1000482s

also i thought fark it! i am gonna wel the diff (well my mate chris did!)
Markyboi's fd3s build  Fe866b9f
Markyboi's fd3s build  0e0c5bbd
Markyboi's fd3s build  A462fdf6

thats all for now but hopefully i should be updating with the manual conversion very soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 4:51 am

Brian : So yeah he welded his diff Stewy: on an AUTO......???

Markyboi's fd3s build  Tumblr_lqf5qf17Sh1qii6tmo1_400
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 5:03 am

Looks good, yes to spoiler
Back to top Go down
markyboi
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 5:35 am

Powelly wrote:
Brian : So yeah he welded his diff Stewy: on an AUTO......???

Markyboi's fd3s build  Tumblr_lqf5qf17Sh1qii6tmo1_400

that diff is for the manual conversion

anyway...

think i might go for it, but the spoiler seems a little over the top. think it would look better if it had arches like darkness's
Back to top Go down
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 7:07 am

Are the rims on the wrong way round as they look a staggered set and the front ones seem bigger (18") than the rears (17"). Leave the spoiler off as the spoiler you have looks more suited to a track looking/spec one.
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 7:08 am

with the diffuser it could pull off the spoiler, I know the sticker bombing is covering damage but it really ruins the look of the car. If you have your heart set on drifting it then yes weld the shit out of the diff but if its only going to be now and then is it worth it?
Back to top Go down
markyboi
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 7:28 am

Sukhy96 wrote:
Are the rims on the wrong way round as they look a staggered set and the front ones seem bigger (18") than the rears (17"). Leave the spoiler off as the spoiler you have looks more suited to a track looking/spec one.

its the tyres, the ones on the back are 45 but so are the front ones (but the rears are 225 and the fronts are 235)... just wanted to waste the old set on the back as they are a little cracked so some ill swap them over (brand new tyres on the front) (Y)
Back to top Go down
markyboi
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 7:35 am

i know what you mean ned but i don't want rag the shit out of it every day as the fuel is a bit pricey right now, think i will put the spoiler on with the diffuser as you said, purely because it will suit better Smile
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 9:09 am

I was going to weld my diff, but I use it daily to drive distances so I'm gonna invest in a 1.5/2way so it's there if/when I need it but can still drive hard without worrying about the rear
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

2 of your original rims on dw atm
Back to top Go down
Aky

Aky

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 11:24 am

Think spoiler with arches otherwise looks overkill.
Your rims remind me of a jag xj220 for some reason lol but looking good.

I used to drive past this everyday, parked near Russells hall hospital, never realised it was same car until now.
Back to top Go down
markyboi
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 7:14 pm

Sky rocket - I'll have to have a look as I have sold the old re-a aw07's to my mate for his s14. I'll let him know as he wants a full set. Thanks for the heads up mate! (Y)

Aky - was surprised to find it there, never seen it until I did a job there, suppose it was love at first site! Razz
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 8:13 pm

Re-amemiya's on a Nissan? That's like spoon on toyota :/
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 9:12 pm

you lost the rear end then u weld the diff ..omg order new parts now ...
Back to top Go down
markyboi
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 9:27 pm

big-al wrote:

Lol, I am building a collection! Haha
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 11:35 pm

About time you had a build thread. props for going with the manual conversion, will bring it to life.

markyboi wrote:
big-al wrote:

Lol, I am building a collection! Haha

mark, i'd take his advice. he can outrun R35 GTR's in a single cam NA honda. he must know what he's on about
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 11:59 pm

dave stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill i never said id out run the gtr is said i went after him ..so are stupid as well as cant read ..
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:16 am

big-al wrote:
..so are stupid as well as cant read ..

so are you stupid as well as can't write?

Al it's called Banter, don't be so serious
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:25 am

dave if you new me you would now i dont do banter
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:29 am

In reply to your pm Al, no i don't have a problem with you and no i dont want to sort it out at the next meet Razz

The whole of this forum have banter, it's what we do
get involved Smile
Back to top Go down
markyboi
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyThu 01 Sep 2011, 3:51 am

True, no one wants a fight!

Any way take your banter off my thread! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptyThu 01 Sep 2011, 6:23 am

Dave stop winding Al up!
Back to top Go down
markyboi
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptySun 04 Sep 2011, 8:21 pm

right took in to ben on thursday to get the car finally manual converted Very Happy

its coming on quite well, we had a bit of a slow start because i forgot about the fly wheel but that came friday and realised we had no fly wheel bolts to attach the pressure plate to! after a quick call to rotary-art had some sorted for next day delivery and they were here Saturday! Smile

so no the car is almost ready alls thats lest it to put the pedals, ecu and the shifter in and all should be golden!

its looking a little sorry for its self right now tho!

Markyboi's fd3s build  E2e09a1f

cant wait to finally have a manual car again and finally attempt to drift properly!
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptySun 04 Sep 2011, 9:59 pm

.....and thank you Duane for saving me £70 by lending me the 55mm socket

Wink
Back to top Go down
Stokes

Stokes

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  EmptySun 04 Sep 2011, 10:11 pm

No pictures work Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112989599
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Markyboi's fd3s build    Markyboi's fd3s build  Empty

Back to top Go down

Markyboi's fd3s build
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next