Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kris!

Kris!

Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day Empty
PostSubject: Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day   Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day EmptySun 01 Mar 2009, 7:11 pm

So yesterday saw the opening Test day of the season held at Silverstone and part organised by the Red Dragon race and Track club (Nippon for the rest of you).

The little Civic had been away with Richy and Simon (Performance-Autoworks) for the past month or so for a gearbox rebuild and new Kaaz diff fitted, as the Quaife was proving a little weak in damp/wet race conditions. As per usual, while it was there we ended up changing a few more things so on went a set of Jenvey ITB's to create some more torque/power, a new steel short shifter and a host of other bits and bobs.

The Civic hit the dyno on Tuesday and I went up Thursday night to take it out before he would tell me the results. I have always been impressed with any improvements that have been made throughout the last season, but nothing really prepared me for this. After a small blast up the road, I turned around and did a standing start to get a feel for the acceleration........holy crap Shocked I didnt expect the power delivery and found myself hanging on to the wheel like a frightened girl Laughing I managed to just squeez it into 4th before I buffled and backed off the power..........the noise is just insane and added with the noises from the plate diff just makes you grin like a kid. Hard really to explain but its just amazing and hopefully Richy has some pit wall drive-by action to show you what i mean Twisted Evil

So on to Silverstone and it was a stress and trouble free day with with the Civic performing spot on, and the 4 sessions spent trying different suspension settings and destroying what was left of lest seasons R888's Laughing

When I raced at Silverstone last April my quickest time was 1:12.044, this time we roughly managed a high 1:07 so a 4 second a lap improvement which in my books is damn good, especially as my driving isnt exactly text book Embarassed

So, once again Richy has worked wonders on the car and has yet again turned the Civic into a full out and out race car that he should be damn proud of.........I know I am 8-) Top work mate!!!!!!

Ooooh the power.........Again these figures are for reference only as we use the same dyno so take them or leave them, but it managed
260.4bhp and 162ft/lbs of torque which means we now have to decide which class to run in, but all will be decided soon enough. Not bad for a N/A B18 Cool

Some pics courtesy of Lance Wittenberg Wink

Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day PICT0016
Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day PICT0064
Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day PICT0244
Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day PICT0296

Thanks for reading Wink
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: Re: Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day   Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day EmptySun 01 Mar 2009, 11:06 pm

Wow man, that's truly mental Shocked

I think we deserve videos Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.JDMtas.com
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day   Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day EmptySun 01 Mar 2009, 11:38 pm

nice!!

Huge improvement on the lap time, maybe new tyres and shutting the little slidey window will shave it more lol.

they are some impressive power figures too for n/a

like the mirrors too btw Cool
Back to top Go down
Kris!

Kris!

PostSubject: Re: Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day   Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day EmptyTue 03 Mar 2009, 4:16 am

Cheers mate

We only decided to go to Silverstone as there was an ounce of life left in the R888's and it seemed a waste to bin them......they are now officially dead Laughing

Definately some more time to be made up and we're going to play with a few bits between now and the first 2 races so should hopefully see it handling a little better too. I'm no driving god either so it can only get better......apparently Embarassed
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day   Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day EmptyTue 03 Mar 2009, 4:50 am

got ya,

i am a driving god so if you want someone to drive it properly just let me know, jks jks

let us know how u get on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day   Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Nippon Race Civic - Silverstone Test Day
Page 1 of 1