Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cleaning Products

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael

Michael

Cleaning Products Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning Products   Cleaning Products EmptyWed 18 Nov 2009, 3:16 am

What's everyone recomending?

Interior shit, Engine Bay, Polishes, Shampoo's etc.

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.JDMtas.com
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

Cleaning Products Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Products   Cleaning Products EmptyWed 18 Nov 2009, 3:28 am

My must have products to start you off are:

Autoglym shampoo (I cannot stress to you how much I rate this)
Comma wheel cleaning kit (its a spray and a brush, but works brilliantly)
Turtle Wax Extreme Nano-Tech tyre gel (lasts weeks not days)
and for polish, Autoglym super resin, make sure you get yourself a mirco fibre cloth or two for the polishing too.
Back to top Go down
steve-o

steve-o

Cleaning Products Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Products   Cleaning Products EmptyWed 18 Nov 2009, 4:11 am

auto sol is a must have if you have any bit of metal that need polishing i.e strut braces exhausts lip on wheels its amazing stuff
and yea auto glym does kick ass the glass polish and there vinyl and rubber car is good on your tyres it last ages but maguires clay bar kit works wonders at making your cars paint smooth

but the best thing to do is get a real good wash mit and wash your car starting from the roof then the bottom half of the car second and use a second bucket to clean your wheels with Cool
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

Cleaning Products Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Products   Cleaning Products EmptyWed 18 Nov 2009, 9:24 am

i agree with all this^

deffo get some autosol, polish up ur oem backbox with it, or infact anything metal.

one thing i always do is clean my glass with newspaper, apparently the ink fills in minute scratches in the surface of the glass.

whats that tyre gel in the bright green bottle ned? shits the bomb, i carry it in a plastic bag in my glovebox with a brush always, im so tyre vein, lol
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

Cleaning Products Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Products   Cleaning Products EmptyWed 18 Nov 2009, 9:51 am

Ned wrote:

Turtle Wax Extreme Nano-Tech tyre gel
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

Cleaning Products Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Products   Cleaning Products EmptyWed 18 Nov 2009, 11:12 am

thats that shyt
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

Cleaning Products Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Products   Cleaning Products EmptyWed 18 Nov 2009, 12:50 pm

i used to be a valeter, best thing for cleaning the car is fairy liquid in warm water honestly, i mean you can go out and buy all this stuff but i dont think its necesery.

cheap way.
i'd deffo say get ^^auto glym for stanless steel, windows ^news paper an vinegar or averge window cleaner and a micro vibre cloth to buff them up, alloys, car plan wheel acid, and meguiars tyre slick its the best tyre slick imo!
but...
if you're gonna end up spendin a hole load off money on a good kit then get meguiars.
Back to top Go down
steve-o

steve-o

Cleaning Products Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Products   Cleaning Products EmptyWed 18 Nov 2009, 8:27 pm

i cannot stress to folk how good a micra fiber cloth is ive been using them for around 3-4 years they used to be so hard and expensive to get but now u can pick them up in poundland for the priceley sum of a pound lol but yea that should be the 1st thing u should get they can be used for drying the car dusting taking off wax u name it (i sound like a nerd but im in to car cleaning i did some valeating for about a year and half lol and i love seeing a clean car )
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

Cleaning Products Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Products   Cleaning Products EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 8:47 am

I always thought washing up liquid was for taking back layers of wax etc for a new wax/polish?

im a wash newb really
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

Cleaning Products Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Products   Cleaning Products EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 9:01 am

I wouldn't use washing up liquid on my cars in a million years
Back to top Go down
steve-o

steve-o

Cleaning Products Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Products   Cleaning Products EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 8:32 pm

no i would never use fairy liquid cause it has a ton of salt and degreasers in it to get the crap off ur plates so think wot it does to the car i baned my dad from washing his crv in it lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cleaning Products Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Products   Cleaning Products Empty

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Products
Page 1 of 1