Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday

Go down 
+2
Powelly
skyrocket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
skyrocket

skyrocket

hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday Empty
PostSubject: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptySat 01 May 2010, 7:31 am

just waiting to hear back from the seller but im sat here waiting cash in hand...

black 2.2
few aftermarket bits

but mostly standard with half leather interior!

sat on standard 16"s one needs a tyre

im very much considering putting my 16" ssr's on it

anyone know if there will be any greif running staggered 7" front 8" rear on the 4ws?
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptySat 01 May 2010, 7:35 am

Sweeet dude cant wait for you to post some pics up what reg is it ??

I reckon those SSR's would look sweet on my DX lol ....

I bet will look mint...Will you be gracing us with its presence at Mondays meet??
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptySat 01 May 2010, 7:36 am

Sounds nice!

Id say not, i fitted a 9.5j on the rear of my accord without too much greif
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptySat 01 May 2010, 7:39 am

if i can get this all sorted by monday im all over it

its not the 8" that worries me its the 4ws and the 8"
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptySat 01 May 2010, 7:46 am

True, but Im sure the 4ws doesnt steer like the front it only moves like an inch or so, try asking around on PreludeUK... im sure it shouldnt be a problem???
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptySat 01 May 2010, 7:48 am

have been researching...so long as the offset aint too crazy will be ok
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptySat 01 May 2010, 7:55 am

Good Good, so what Lude shape is it?? 5th Gen??
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptySat 01 May 2010, 8:03 am

yup 5th gen 2.2 in black ....if this dont happen now ill feel like a major cock....still waitin for a reply of the guy
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptySat 01 May 2010, 8:20 am

noice!!
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptySat 01 May 2010, 8:23 am

Get that Shit hooked up and rock on down to Mondays meet ...
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptySat 01 May 2010, 10:00 pm

yeah man sweet, double check with mart but from what i've heard you should be ok with staggered, the only thing i'd be worried about is the cost if it does fcuk it up because they're a bi*ch to repair once they break, or just take the 4ws off (more stable when cornering), wider wheels on the rear might add more strain you see
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptySun 02 May 2010, 5:36 pm

defo looked into 2ws coversion....looks easy enough, just a subframe and lower arms...and junk the 4ws....

still no reply from the seller....obv aint to desp to sell....ill give him a few days and then buy another...im itchin to try vtec now lol
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 5:12 am

finally got the reply i wa waiting for...

goin up to blackpool tuesday....if its as good as it looks ill be driving it back
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 5:18 am

yes yes, get some pics and details up as soon as!
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 5:23 am

PICS FROM THE AD

hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday Dsc03774i

hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday Dsc03767x

hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday 5thgen3

and the import front lip

hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday Dsc03970l
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 5:26 am

nice!! black too!

This will look soooo hot slammed on them rims polished all up.

looks like a good buy, well done!
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 5:50 am

Ive just seen a SiR version on PH ...nice
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 7:36 am

its a 2.2 ukdm vti...still not too shy

H22A5 185bhp.....and its 2ws not 4ws so i dont have to go through the greif of converting it back to 2ws
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 7:37 am

Nice....
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 4:55 pm

sounds like a good one
just do the normal checks when you go down.
not so familiar with H22's but definately B-series honda's drink oil, and many people let them run low, which is a killer.
check the condition of the oil and blue smoke on the test drive. any excessive tapping/knocking - bad news
common sense really but its easy to fall in love and overlook these things!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 4:58 pm

cheers dave...ive built up quite the checklist...guys gonna wonder wtf when i break out the notepad!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 5:11 pm

haha yeah man. pull some unhappy faces, and make some ummmming and aaaaahhhhing noises, knock the price down ;-)
simple stuff like bald/low tread tyres etc, use them to bargain the price

a good mod i recommend when you get it/one, an aftermarket inlet manifold. i had an edelbrock performer-x on my b18c inetgra and it made a huge difference. i'd like to see whats on offer for the h22
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 6:41 pm

Try Prelude UK, theres a Paperclip test ive herad of, this highlights engine management codes and will tell you whats wrong by a sseries of lights that will flicker across the dash. I cant find the link but PM Mart609 on TOA hes got a Lude, gave me some advice when I was seriously going to get a 2.2 vti Motegi.

Dave's usual check as well and right pull some faces knock them down by at least £300 - £400.
Back to top Go down
mart609

mart609

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 10:19 pm

the 4ws should be ok, people have experienced the 4ws tripping out when going pretty low.
i've ran 18's on mine lowered 40mm i think they're only 7.5j tho not 100% with no problems
but yeah as your've said the 4ws conversions pretty easy if you just wanna ditch it

EDIT: didnt see the 2nd page

yeah basically, when you turn the ignition on and fire the engine up
make sure all the lights onthe dash, whatever it has, ABS, SRS, 4WS, TCS etcetc.
come ON then go off after a few seconds. if they stay on, theres a fault.
if they dont come on at all, then they could have taken the bulb out to hide the fault. so beware of that.

and yeah H22's also drink a bit of oil over time so look at that too.

mies also a UKDM (185bhp) and with basic breathing mods, (air intake, Exhaust manifold, decat & catback) i made 201.3bhp and 200.9bhp on 2 different RR's
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 12:37 am

cheers for the info mart....im hopefully goin v low on 16"s....maybe 17" if i ever find an affordable set of ssr professors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday   hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday Empty

Back to top Go down

hopefully picking up the prelude this wekend/bank holiday
Page 1 of 1