Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And now for something completely different...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hermand

And now for something completely different... Empty
PostSubject: And now for something completely different...   And now for something completely different... EmptyFri 06 Apr 2007, 9:25 am

http://www.midlanddubforce.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=705&g2_serialNumber=2
http://www.midlanddubforce.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=712&g2_serialNumber=2

http://www.midlanddubforce.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=715&g2_serialNumber=2

So that's my baby. Sadly, she doesn't look quite that mint anymore after 2 years of daily driving and me stripping the interior (It'll get finished this year, honest!).

It has a little bit of fun too:

http://www.midlanddubforce.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=727&g2_serialNumber=2

Take a standard Volkswagen 1600 Twinport engine, from 1968....

Bore it, add bigger heads and pistons and you've got 1776cc. Add a silly cam, ratio rockers and some silly Webers and you've got something which is a bit of fun. Lightened flywheel too, for all the good it does for my standing starts.

So yeah, it's about 110bhp (Don't laugh, it started at 50-60 with no torque!) and you've got something which can hold it's own with most average cars (Enough for me to beat them to the lane merge anyway Wink ) and do burnouts and donuts like no FWD can do :p
Back to top Go down
steve-o

steve-o

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different...   And now for something completely different... EmptyThu 12 Apr 2007, 4:35 am

looks sweet mate always ad a soft spot for an old van or bug looks clean good to see its been looked after i hate rat vans its just a name for folks that cannot be arsed to look after them afro
Back to top Go down
hermand

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different...   And now for something completely different... EmptyFri 13 Apr 2007, 7:06 am

steve-o wrote:
looks sweet mate always ad a soft spot for an old van or bug looks clean good to see its been looked after i hate rat vans its just a name for folks that cannot be arsed to look after them afro

Cheers dude Smile
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different...   And now for something completely different... EmptyFri 13 Apr 2007, 10:25 pm

wow!

looks kleen!

slam it Exclamation
Back to top Go down
hermand

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different...   And now for something completely different... EmptySat 14 Apr 2007, 9:45 am

ezza wrote:
wow!

looks kleen!

slam it Exclamation

I wish, mate. Back is piece of piss to drop, but the front needs a fair bit of kit - so I'm waiting until I can afford to upgrade to disc brakes (That's TO disc brakes, not BETTER disc brakes Wink ). Some of the parts overlap so it'd be better to do it all at once.

Should be getting some alloys next month, and might see about some lower profile tyres.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different...   And now for something completely different... Empty

Back to top Go down

And now for something completely different...
Page 1 of 1