Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Careers

Go down 
+8
WhittyBoi
Powelly
cus
Ned
tesh
ezza
markyboi
Stokes
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Stokes

Stokes

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 8:21 am

What's peoples plans?

I'm 19 and dont even know what to do with my life so im working part-time at sainsburys, how wicked No
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112989599
markyboi
Sucio Bastardo Perezoso Espaņol
markyboi

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 9:12 am

mate, this is a subject that we all have no real idea about. I lost my job two weeks ago and am finding it hard to find a new one,.

I am going to college in September to do a higher access course so that I can go to uni next year (hopefully to train to become a paramedic or a nurse) but even if it does go well who's to know that's what I really want.

At the end of the day there is no knowing what will happen but we might as well enjoy getting there. All the interesting people in my life still don't know what they want to do, but who really does?
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 9:25 am

I'm going to be a car designer
Back to top Go down
tesh

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 9:58 am

Lol i started a thread like this on civiclife something like uni and expectations when i was at uni an thinking about what to do like .
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 10:25 am

im 27 and I still don't know what I want to do with my life tbh
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 10:47 am

i've spent many hours thinking of this and i want to do somethin with music, i love cars etc but music is my game but i dont wanna go to college, i know its sounds stupid but i hate anythin to do with writing and learning, im the type of guy that just wants to do somethin and learn that way, and the type of thing i want to do in music i wouldent even be able to study at college anyway.

i dont see the point in doing somethin that i know im gonna lose intrest in it just seems pointless to me, its like i could of gone to college when i left school and done a pluming course and being big bucks now but i dont like pluming.

trust me dude there is so many of us out there that have no idea what we wanna do, so we end up doing a shit job or the other route which seems to be popular is goin in the army.

think of stuff you like to do and try and narrow it down to one specific subject you like and try and chase it.

dont worry about your future tho just chase the dream for now haha
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 5:44 pm

Ned wrote:
im 27 and I still don't know what I want to do with my life tbh

^^ Ditto.. im just plodding along in a Job...
Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 6:05 pm

X2 im only 20 and ive been in my job for almost 4 years now, it bores the hell out of me and i constantly go home feeling like im going nowhere, but the way the economic climate is at the moment, i just cant justify throwing away a 14k a year job in which i do pretty much bugger all...
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 6:07 pm

^ I totaly farking agree with that who cares what you do as long as your getting paid.....

Back to top Go down
big-al

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 6:51 pm

pimp ...drug dealer..muger.. done em all stick to the supermrket just aim hi .... managment 40 to 50 k a year + car
start at the bottem within 5 years aim for the best job in the building i did and it worked now im on 175k a year and still dreaminmg

im problely the oldest guy on the site ....and all i can say to you is if you want the nice things in life you have to work realy hard for then ....aim high

fck i sound like me dad noooooooooooooooooow
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 8:38 pm

22 and all ive really done since i left school at 16 is cheffing in pubs (mainly, bits and peices of other jobs)

wouldn't recommend it at all though, i now hate it, however i wouldnt get paid the same wage in any other job i could get.............
Back to top Go down
big-al

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 9:44 pm

if you hate your job you shouldnt be doing it
if i had my life over again i would be stell fixing in another country but the job that i do know i love so im happy
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 11:24 pm

exactly and i thats why im out of work now, if you enjoy doing the work and its decent pay then its ok!
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

Careers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Careers   Careers EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 1:58 am

i was exactly the same, no idea what i wanted to do with my life!
after school, i did i year of 6th form - just felt theres no point in it, its not directed in anywhere particular, what was the point in doing another year then 2-3 years of uni

always had an interested, as we all do, in engineering. so i went to college and did my PEO (Performing Engineering Operations) (1year course) and BTEC Technical Engineering course (2 year course)

still had no idea exactly what side of engineering i'd want to get into though, and thought about just getting a part time job for the time being
most of the guys there had jobs and apprenticeships, and a guy at the college who deals with apprenticeships took us for a class, and started talking to him

i emailed him the next day to see if he had any engineering apprenticeships and he emailed me back saying he'd just got one through, for Alstom, who built/maintain/upgrade the virgin pendolino trains
i thought what do i know about trains LOL
so i said no thanks mate, email me if you get anything else. he replied and said he reckoned i should go for it, sounds like a good one.
thought about it and decided what hell, go for the interview, bit of experience

so few days later went for the interview, went well - but still was unsure of exactly what the job was goign to be about

couple of weeks later they called me and said....