Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's just one thing after another!!

Go down 
+2
ezza
markyboi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
markyboi
Sucio Bastardo Perezoso Espaņol
markyboi

It's just one thing after another!! Empty
PostSubject: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 8:38 am

Right, just gone out in the ef and it's struggling to pull off from a stand still. When I do stop after running the car for 5 mins it cuts out when I pull off.

Had the spark plugs out with ned (thanks for the help!) and it's firing fine, but they do need changing as they pritty much fell apart. After pissing about on the first car park I could roll on, we set back to my house but not before smashing the rear wind screen on a fucking skip! Yes a big fark off skip! After feeling utterly useless we set off back home, which I had to pull the choke out two clicks (it would cut out on any other clicks).

On later inspection with the running problem we found the the in side of the rotary cap had a few scratches on the one corner, so it looks like I need a new cap and arm. But ned and myself both think that is the problem but let me know what you think it might be!
Back to top Go down
markyboi
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 8:39 am

Oh yeah does any one know where I can get a new boot lid for an ef with the rear wind screen?
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 8:51 am

daaaaaaaamn!!

try the 4th gen forums?

You were saying you were getting shit fuel economy, ignition problems would explain this.

Get new plugs, leads and dizzy for peace of mind if nothing else, but from the sound of it this is the problem
Back to top Go down
markyboi
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 8:59 am

Proberly the best pace to start by the sounds of it, would make sence as the fuel economy was shat. will have to ring around tomorrow for parts and scrap yards for old boots lids with the glass.

Lucky that only the boot lid was damaged!

Thanks for the advice! And ned for coming out to me!
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 12:31 pm

gutted... no scrap yards that i go to have got any rear window's.
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyWed 15 Sep 2010, 3:29 am

Gutted mate! We all have days like this, don't let it get you down.

Like Ez, I'd recomend chaging the ignition components - now dizzy cap and arm, plugs , maybe even leads too if you can afford it.
Have you serviced the car yet? flushing out the oil and replacing that will help a lot! Also check for sticky calipers - they can kill fuel economy!

Hope you can sort it out mate!
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:31 am

roof racks also kill economy, look it up
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:33 am

Fact

You know that Thule roof rack you keep on your car to convince people that you're really outdoorsy? (Even though you drive a 1.4 Civic EF.) It's costing up to 5 percent in MPG. So unless you need the rack to boost your flagging self-esteem, we suggest you pull off the entire rack. That also goes for standard luggage racks, kayak holders, ski racks, Labrador retriever holders and all the cross bars that go with them. Put it in the garage, and toss the rack back on the roof when you really need it. You'll reduce your aerodynamic drag significantly.

http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/fueleconomy/
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyWed 15 Sep 2010, 10:20 am

keep the ruff rack ON!
Back to top Go down
markyboi
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyWed 15 Sep 2010, 8:21 pm

PowellyEG wrote:
Fact

You know that Thule roof rack you keep on your car to convince people that you're really outdoorsy? (Even though you drive a 1.4 Civic EF.) It's costing up to 5 percent in MPG. So unless you need the rack to boost your flagging self-esteem, we suggest you pull off the entire rack. That also goes for standard luggage racks, kayak holders, ski racks, Labrador retriever holders and all the cross bars that go with them. Put it in the garage, and toss the rack back on the roof when you really need it. You'll reduce your aerodynamic drag significantly.

http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/fueleconomy/

Well... Lol

5% is nothing, I will have to waste the fuel cus I love the rack! Lol
Back to top Go down
markyboi
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyWed 15 Sep 2010, 8:23 pm

Found a boot lid for 20 squid but it's in red! Never mind 20 pounds is a steal! I also have the parts ready to pick up to day from car spares... So hopefully I will have my car nice and heathly again before this day is over!
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyThu 16 Sep 2010, 5:26 am

5% fuel to look good... Worth it Cool
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! EmptyThu 16 Sep 2010, 10:17 am

my rack is staying on, bikes off though.
Mark you fixed it yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's just one thing after another!!   It's just one thing after another!! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's just one thing after another!!
Page 1 of 1