Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 1:04 am

Hi everyone,

I have a aftermarket 2 1/4 inch cat back and a decat which i had made up to it. Problem is, the guy who put the decat on changed my 3 bolt flange on the mid pipe to a 2 bolt one and done the same with the decat so that it would fit (im thinking he did not have any 3 bolt flanges so done the easiest thing at the time) only found this out a couple of days ago when i looked underneath my car. Now i need to change the decat end part and the mid pipe to a 3 bolt flange so that i can swap my exhaust but everywhere i asked locally exhaust places wise tell me they cant get any 3 bolt flanges in and another problem will be is which position to have the 3 bolt flange put on so that i can fit my new exhaust on. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
pulsar_stu

pulsar_stu

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 1:24 am

If you can't find a 3 bolt flange anywhere, can't you have a 2 bolt flange welded onto your new exhaust instead?
Failing that it sounds like you will have to buy the complete exhaust from manifold back or turbo back.
You have the rear section, so its just the front section you nead now.

Or buy a secondhand section of exhaust for your model of car and have the 3 bolt flange cut off and use that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.j10-meets.co.uk
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 1:28 am

Yeah i could have the new exhaust changed to a 2 bolt to fit my decat but the problem is, the guy who im swapping the exhaust with will then have to change the mid pipe flange to a 3 bolt for his decat... No exhaust places around wolves seem to have 3 bolt flanges in stock which is weird.

Tegiwa sell the exhaust flange which i need but they sell it in both 2" and 2.5", i don't know which will fit mine, and then getting it at the correct honda original fitment is going to be tough for a exhaust place id of thought.

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/eshop/store/eshop_viewItem.asp?idProduct=1289
Back to top Go down
pulsar_stu

pulsar_stu

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 1:31 am

Just noticed your in wolves.

Have you tried these?

Exhaust Agency Ltd. Unit 4, Satellite Industrial Park, Neachells Lane, Willenhall West midlands, WV11 3PQ
Back to top Go down
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 1:32 am

Nope, will give them a bell now, thanks for the number mate.
Back to top Go down
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 1:41 am

They dont do them either Sad
Back to top Go down
pulsar_stu

pulsar_stu

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 2:21 am

Not sure who else ould help. Sorry.

Could try mij, they've made an exhaust up for me before.
Back to top Go down
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 4:52 am

just went and was a waste of time. They only had one flange for me and told them forget it.
Back to top Go down
Accord gen6

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 5:02 am

John Ashley in Walsall had same problem with my decat so he cut flanges of and reused them Wink 01922 615671
Back to top Go down
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 5:20 am

Is that a number to a place which can get me the 3 bolt flanges i want?
Back to top Go down
Accord gen6

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 5:44 am

Possibly that's the shop number but he's got a factory where he makes systems and accesories
Back to top Go down
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 5:47 am

Oh right, will give him a ring tomorrow during the day and see if he can sort my dilemma out. Cant believe no exhaust places have 3 bolt flanges :/ its mad if you ask me. I know the size of it that i want because i know the diameter of my system, so if he can make me 2 that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 8:46 am

Worst case try a place called Tourque flow in birmingham on the asda small heath by pass

http://www.torqueflow.co.uk/

They make bespoke exhaust's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!   Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Flange Problem, Urgent Help Needed!!
Page 1 of 1