Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island

Go down 
+4
Dave_t
Ned
cus
Powelly
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Powelly

Powelly

CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island Empty
PostSubject: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011, 7:06 am

Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:05 am

im not saying anythin. silent
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:12 am

The new meet location is going oldschool

Back to the old quicksave, so aldi on the dudley bypass.
Me Ez and Duane scouted it out after the last meet.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:14 am

you got the address??
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:16 am

I need to have a chat with you about it mate.
I want the first meet back there to be a quiet one, test the water so to speak.
It might have CCTV and police could come instantly. It could kill of the meets if people get put off.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:18 am

ok cool.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:30 am

stop worrying - god damn! i really dont see why everyone gets scared at the talk of a new location that is 2 minutes away from the current location. its not going to put people off
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:33 am

its on pear tree lane

i tried to search it on google but couldent find the exact post code

i got DY2 0UW but its just down the road from there.....
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:36 am

Ok cool im thinking from a map perspective like screen shot a map and upload it with an arrow or somthing and a post code for sat nav users etc..

Im not worried Dave, happy for a change of scenery always have been.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:49 am

too right jay - if we all be honest tesco is horse shit

the problem is everyone didnt want to change it incase people lost interest. as i said all along, if we improve the meet by finding a better location, why would anyone lose interest?

glad that we have no alternative to change 2bf
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:56 am

yeah jay just do what you did but with tesco's map

tesco horse shit.... LOOOL
Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyTue 11 Jan 2011, 7:08 pm

i think our meets get plenty of hype from us aswell as a lot of other guys on forums to not be a wassh if we moved the location.

i think people will be thinking of it more as a new improved location rather than a "shit we've got no option but to move" location....get me.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 12:06 am

Dave_t wrote:
too right jay - if we all be honest tesco is horse shit

the problem is everyone didnt want to change it incase people lost interest. as i said all along, if we improve the meet by finding a better location, why would anyone lose interest?

glad that we have no alternative to change 2bf

My only concern was distance from a central location and the ability for a first time attendee to find it. Tescos was a prominent point just of the Bham new road / Wolvo road easy as piss to find. Now with all the road works is there an easy way to get to the location?

So long as we are clear on the distance from Dudley / Birmingham and location / Maps directions and pictures of the location etc Im all down for doing it. Im free a couple of nights so Cus / Dave and a few others if we can do a mini meet, snaps of the location and some of the cars and core members, check out the location im down for that.
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 5:30 am

i think toys r us is better at least can can get a mcd's
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 5:37 am

But you get all the chavvey Dickheads down there Al for example the knobs on scooters whizzing round pulling wheelies and the divs in corsa's and clios doing hand break turns and wheel spins Not what TOA is all about TBH.

I know what ur saying for location its ideal but comes with all the above problems associated,

No offence Al ..
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 8:20 am

you cant really miss the then new place, its on the hill as you come down the dualy to the island, about 2 miles from the normal spot.

Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 8:50 am

Tesco wasn't shit for a location, it was well lit and big enough to cope. Aldi isn't as well let but nice enough and easy to find.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 8:20 pm

Ned wrote:
Tesco wasn't shit for a location, it was well lit and big enough to cope. Aldi isn't as well let but nice enough and easy to find.

i beg to differ....

maybe Aldi isnt the best place but it will be alot better. we needed a carpark dedicated for the meet, not somewhere that still has shoppers milling about

For pictures too, Aldi will be hugely better (light depending) It will be perfect come summer. Actively scout other places in the mean time
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 12:06 am

Agreed then. Ill get a map location up and some updated info on the meet spot and get the meet set up for Monday 7th Feb.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 4:09 am

Dave_t wrote:
Ned wrote:

i beg to differ....

maybe Aldi isnt the best place but it will be alot better. we needed a carpark dedicated for the meet, not somewhere that still has shoppers milling about

For pictures too, Aldi will be hugely better (light depending) It will be perfect come summer. Actively scout other places in the mean time

agreed, in the summer that place will be perfect for meetting up.
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 5:35 am

I love how the people who came least to the meets are the first to complain about where it was, seriously we had our biggest ever meets there so it was deffo a success.
Aldi in the summer will be spot on. Afterall the only reason we left there was cause it closed and the carpark was taken over by gypo's and diggers.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 6:00 am

by saying 'the people' do you mean me an dave??
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 6:24 am

Oh god, were not back to beef central again are we

I cba to read it all

I am on the side of moving it to Aldi
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:21 am

Ive gogled the location too Albion Works, Peartree Ln Dudley, West Midlands DY2 0UY

Theres a speed camera on the road too..
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:25 am

http://www.yellowmap.de/partners/AldiSued2/Html/Info.aspx?Ebinr=EVHM357323WAB31&SessionGuid=9e7077c6-8da4-4b83-8ef7-f2cca4b51541&ClearGroups=MapNav,GeoMap&ClearParas=Print&DetailInfoView=2

Cinder Bank Island, Dudley DY2 0YW

ALDI
Dudley
Cinder Bank, Peartree Lane
Dudley DY2 0UW

Parking for 70 + cars too

heres some snaps

CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island Aldimap1

CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island Map4

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island   CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island Empty

Back to top Go down

CLOSED - Tesco at Burnt Tree Island
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next