Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally some progress on the silvia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spike

Finally some progress on the silvia Empty
PostSubject: Finally some progress on the silvia   Finally some progress on the silvia EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 4:32 am

Well I've been kind of skint over the past couple of months and hadn't done a great deal to the Silvia but I now finally have updates so thought it was about time to start a thread!

I'm still waiting on wheels to arrive from Japan! I'm into the 7th week of an expected 4-8 week delivery period and had found myself pretty desperate for a set of wheels! So I decided to try and find a set of matching/winter/drift wheels and wohoo took delivery on these R33 GTR's Wednesday morning!

Finally some progress on the silvia Mygtrs

They actually turned out to be immaculate, freshly powder coated with four very use-able tyres at a bargain price.

I also won a pair of 15mm H&R spacers for the front during the christmas holiday which required longer studs, it took me a while to find some decent steel extended studs in the correct size but I got there eventually. I went about stripping the front down and fitting it all in preparation.

The Silvia started the day looking like this;

Finally some progress on the silvia DSC_0024

weak offset I've been living with No

Finally some progress on the silvia DSC_0027-1

In progress

Finally some progress on the silvia DSC_0028-1

Finally some progress on the silvia DSC_0030-1

Finally some progress on the silvia DSC_0031-1

Finally some progress on the silvia DSC_0032

And the results with 15mm of spacing all round

Finally some progress on the silvia DSC_0064

Finally some progress on the silvia DSC_0062

Finally some progress on the silvia DSC_0058

Finally some progress on the silvia DSC_0086

Tyres are too big really for 9J (245/45/17) but potenza's seem to give some clearance no matter how wide.. I've stripped the whole front end down now to A, re-route the loom which runs under the drivers side arch and B, achieve more clearance, I was scrubbing arch with the slightest amount of lock Razz . I should really go and buy skinnier tyres but these have so much tread I'm just going to use them at least until my new wheels arrive!!! I'm going to try and add a few degree's more negative camber and drop the front another inch if the tyres let me

I'll have updates and a bit of a guide on how to do the loom the best way tomorrow providing it dries up Smile

Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Finally some progress on the silvia   Finally some progress on the silvia EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 5:47 am

sweet dude, not a fan of those wheels but there only for the now so ok i suppose, what wheels you ordered?
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Finally some progress on the silvia   Finally some progress on the silvia EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 6:21 am

HOW CLEAN!!!???

very nice, the jdm kouki front has really grown on me.

are u looking to fit rear overs? let me know if so im going to be making some in the next few months, il be using my car for fitment etc so they will fit perfectly
Back to top Go down
spike

PostSubject: Re: Finally some progress on the silvia   Finally some progress on the silvia EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 9:47 am

Yeah its a tidy one! I gave it a wash a took a load of pictures wednesday as I realised I only had ones of when I first bought it back in October.

I went for GTR's because their forged (super light) easy maintenance and respectable sizes for OEM wheels

Wheels I'm waiting on are these

Finally some progress on the silvia Stichs

Stich Mesh's by Riverside, 18x9 and 18x10.5

I may run over-fenders ezza, will see how much poke I have when the 10.5's go on!!!

Few front end pics

Finally some progress on the silvia DSC_0083

Finally some progress on the silvia DSC_0072

Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Finally some progress on the silvia   Finally some progress on the silvia EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 10:13 am

should look nice with those new wheels on dude fairplay!
Back to top Go down
Benny

Benny

PostSubject: Re: Finally some progress on the silvia   Finally some progress on the silvia EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 11:49 am

Looks Damn Tidy!
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: Finally some progress on the silvia   Finally some progress on the silvia EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 11:06 pm

i've always been a van of the r33gtr wheels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally some progress on the silvia   Finally some progress on the silvia Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally some progress on the silvia
Page 1 of 1