Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mattyruins integra

Go down 
+2
cus
mattyruin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mattyruin

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 6:12 am

i imported the teg myself in 2008 and what can i say its been an amazing car, but the time has come for me to turn it into a track car. i have my msa competition licence and will be taking part in general testing at mallory park and curbourgh this season. i havent made much progress with the car yet but have loads of plans.
so far ive got tein coilovers with electronic damper force controller, unknown brand full exhaust system which was on the car when i imported it.
ive brought 2 omp harnesses which i shall be fitting next week and currently organising making a rollcage. my mate has a rolling road and she made 193bhp but once ive finished i plan on having between 210-215 with less weight when i rip the non essentials out.
heres a few pics as she stands at the moment

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 12:38 am

saw it at the meet the other night, looks clean but that front bumper makes it look real ugly.

Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 1:07 pm

I agree^

but very nice still!

some skirts to set the front off would go well, same level as the front bumper like

Back to top Go down
EM1_Yo

EM1_Yo

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 9:48 pm

Standard JDM front bumper FTW
Back to top Go down
mattyruin

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 8:37 am

the bumper was on when i imported and dont want to buy the original when i can spend the money on something else. plus im saving for a skyline
Back to top Go down
Dc2supersport

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 8:43 am

I also saw this at the meet on Monday night. Got to agree not keen on the bumper. Wheels really suite the car though. Are they genuine te37's?
I have some Rita grids to go on mine. Can't wait after seeing yours.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 9:49 am

Rotas make me sad.....

As said, Bumper isn't the best but I hear ya, money can be spent elsewhere. Looks like a good clean base dude
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
cus

cus

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 11:15 am

i really do think you should spend the extra cash on a new front bumper.
Back to top Go down
Dc2supersport

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 8:27 pm

Dave_t wrote:
Rotas make me sad.....
Nout wrong with rotas mate. Just as good quality as the genuine volks,just as lightweight for half the cost. No difference apart from the name stamped on them.
Back to top Go down
mattyruin

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 9:05 pm

yes there are genuine rays te37's they were £1600ish cant remember. after july it will be just a track car, but hopefully next season i will be racing it, funding permitting. depends how much a skyline will set be back
Back to top Go down
Dc2supersport

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 9:24 pm

Nice mate, they really suite the car. Top choice.
Fairplay to you for making it a permanent track car. Any ideas what kind of race series you want to enter next year?

Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 4:01 am

Dc2supersport wrote:
Dave_t wrote:
Rotas make me sad.....
Nout wrong with rotas mate. Just as good quality as the genuine volks,just as lightweight for half the cost. No difference apart from the name stamped on them.

mattyruins integra Brokenrota

Aprt from that, come on, Rota's are replica, no lets go ahead and say it, knock off wheels, priced alot lower, so they have been able to flood the market, to such an extent people now refer to the genuine article under the rota replica name. the appeal baffles me, for the price of a new set of roata's you can get a clean second hand set of genuine wheels
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Dc2supersport

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 6:24 am

Theres no doubting rotas have flooded the Market because of how cheap you can pick them up for. I have always had rotas, had a set of rota slips for 4 years on my ep2 and ep3, had them powder coated 5 times various colours, used them on track and on road for the whole time I owned them. Kerbed them, hit pot holes with them and Not once did I ever have a single problem with them.

People who refer to rotas as being the real mc coy either have no clue what they are talking about or are just trying to look flash.

My previous wheels for the teg were the oem Honda genuine wheels. Had them powdercoated and one wheel cracked straight around the lip.

For what I paid for my grids I could have bought 6 sets for the price of te37's.

Would be good to know the story behind the rotas you pictured.
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 6:39 am

I dont mean to be a douche but shall we keep the rota vs real debate to a low

its been done and DONE
Back to top Go down
mattyruin

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 8:34 am

Quote :
Any ideas what kind of race series you want to enter next year?

i looked into the vtec challenge as im going to watch at silverstone but its very expensive and will get spanked unless i put big money into the teg so im looking at cheaper series. my mate races in a sports vs saloons series and theres a teg with a k20 that wins every race so may think about entering that
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 8:48 am

seems like alot of people are going for the vtec challenge, if it isnt already it should be broken into catagories.
Back to top Go down
Dc2supersport

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 9:03 am

Sweet mate. Vtec challenge looks like it's going to be a cracking series. I'll prob go silverstone and watch the first round. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4sYYZgQ00&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I don't no if it's still going but there used to be a series called "Nippon challenge".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mattyruins integra Empty
PostSubject: Re: mattyruins integra   mattyruins integra Empty

Back to top Go down

mattyruins integra
Page 1 of 1