Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legalising canabis would save the economy

Go down 
+3
big-al
Powelly
ezza
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ezza

ezza

Legalising canabis would save the economy Empty
PostSubject: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 10:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 10:57 pm

Good question ezz,

How much does the UK police / government spend overall in the deterring of cannabis growing & dealing etc (must be millions if not billions) vs the scene tax they could reap from selling it over the counter like booze, the savings in not arresting, or policing its use etc

(I would only condone the legalised use of Cannabis, nothing stronger. I have my reasons).

Also what's the statistics on cannabis related deaths vs Alcohol related deaths?
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 11:10 pm

Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 11:35 pm

well i think they should ban it as its a dirty habit and anyone they get smoking it hang em or make them drive a accent or a vauxhall..lol

and if any of you lot on ere smoke weed you should be ashamed what would your mom say

my mom would say skin up then lol:D
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 11:44 pm

There's limits though, if it was legal then people would be consuming more than now, what's the health risks from it? Paranoia and other mental illnesses would increase causing more strain on an already stretched nhs. The savings on legalising it would have to go towards healthcare,

IMO class c I where it should be, possession should be confiscation, not prosecution. That would restrict the use of it enough as things like alcohol an tobacco are just as bad
Back to top Go down
markyboi
Sucio Bastardo Perezoso Español
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 11:55 pm

things like mental side effects are just ghost story's made by the government!

imo, if you have problems weed will bring it out, i.e mental problems that have not been discovered will be brought to the surface.

i have smoked weed for years and i have no problems (being serious)
but if it was legalized there would be no reasonable rules to run by as any one can grow it as seeds can be brought online!

but in the real world it wouldn't solve anything because i wouldn't buy it i would grow it!!
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 12:07 am

Not everyone suffers from side effects, an even if they do, they wouldn't realise/admit it. You ask people in a mental hospital if there's something wrong with them.....

It does cause paranoia, among other things. There are loads of studies/reports on this. But it all depends on usage, once a week or so (in moderation) wouldn't be too detrimental, however excessive use can affect you. Also younger people (below the age of 16) are vulnerable to mental health problems as their brains are still developing.
You can see this in an easy way, consume alot every night for a week and see how you feel in the days during and after. Then go without for a week and I guarantee you you'll feel much better/ more aware/ more awake. You never felt brain dead te day after a sesh? It kills your inhibitions and willingness to do active things.
Also stronger strains like cheese/super skunk also effect you moreso

It will never be legalised anyway, nearest thing to it would be legalising it medically.
Back to top Go down
markyboi
Sucio Bastardo Perezoso Español
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 12:13 am

isn't it already legal in a medical sense? i have heard of people being prescribed it in places like america but it has to be smoked in a private dwelling.

saw a program not to long ago where they grow it in a massive warehouse and guarded quite heavily. think that was for medical and scientific purposes BUT DAME there was bear! lol
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 12:18 am

Yeah two states, california an somewhere else I think, watch a documentary called super high me, very interesting show about a comedian how takes it for 30 days and then goes without for 30 days. He's actually healthier whilst smoking it!!!! It's on lovefilm player on ps3.

P.s it would e awesome don't get me wrong, just will never happen domestically.

A more interesting debate at the minute is euthanasia, an the fact it's illegal to end your own life (I mean, If I was in an accident on life support/brain dead it would be against the law to allow me to die. Personally i would not like to be a burden on others)
However there is always the lime of others persuading people to die.

Currently the only way is to pay 10,000 euros in Switzerland.

Anyone watch that show with terry pratchett a few weeks ago about it?
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 12:22 am

if it was legal the price would go up due to the fckn goverment wanting to tax it like fags so realy you wouldn't be able to aford to smoke more ...
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 12:27 am

I was watching a story a while back on Sky News: Man Seeks the Right to End His Life

The story goes, "Mr Nicklinson is too ill to travel to the Swiss suicide clinic Dignitas."

.....maybe he should try anyway? Whether he makes it or not it's a Win-Win situation, right?
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 12:53 am

I think it's more to do with airlines not allowing him to travel due to they would get done for him dying.

If cannabis was legalised yes it would go up in price, but so would the availability of it and the fact you wouldn't have to be shady so you would get people who don't use excessively due to it's illegal nature suddenly start idolising bob Marley, lol
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 12:55 am

bob is god
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 1:02 am

*was

Lol.

As for Dignitas, one of the arguments for euthanasia is the fact that because people have to be well enough to travel to Switzerland, they have to go a while before they need to. I.e if you have a terminal disease and will die, you wouldn't neeD to do it so early if it was available in this country, giving you longer to live.
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 3:33 am

big-al wrote:
if it was legal the price would go up due to the fckn goverment wanting to tax it like fags so realy you wouldn't be able to aford to smoke more ...

with loads of tax added on it would still be cheaper

read the full thing
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 4:03 am

Best way for government to sell it responsibly, which they don't do with cigarettes or alcohol would be, if you wanted cannabis you have to register with your doctor or pharmacy and they would supply you keeping a tab on how much you are purchasing and giving you help and awareness of dosage like any other drug. Obviously bagheads would want loads non stop but by controlling it like a prescription they could refuse people based on different factors at their discretion.
It will never happen though as legalising a drug, is a battle lost for the government showing weakness, which would then lead to further movements trying to abolish other laws or systems that are in place.
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 4:15 am

^ true
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 4:30 am

Im sure thats how they do it in some US states

imo it is just a matter of time untill it is legalised (many many years from now) but as reasearch advances unless a major proven drawback is found it is still statistically safer than alcohol which is sold everywhere.
The law will be changed to suit society as im sure it has done, laws are changed as they are outdated etc.

I bet there were some stupid laws around that were dropped for the sake of society, things like this come to mind:

1.It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament
2.It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down
3.In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store
4.Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day
5.In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter
6.A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman’s helmet
7.The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen
8.It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing
9.It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armour
10.In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 5:56 pm

ezza wrote:
Im sure thats how they do it in some US states

imo it is just a matter of time untill it is legalised (many many years from now) but as reasearch advances unless a major proven drawback is found it is still statistically safer than alcohol which is sold everywhere.
The law will be changed to suit society as im sure it has done, laws are changed as they are outdated etc.

I bet there were some stupid laws around that were dropped for the sake of society, things like this come to mind:

1.It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament
2.It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down
3.In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store
4.Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day
5.In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter
6.A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman’s helmet
7.The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen
8.It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing
9.It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armour
10.In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow

11. in tipton it is illeagl to own a jap car or smoke weed...what the fck is all that about ezz you need to move lol
Back to top Go down
Spence

Spence

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 8:48 pm

Brb going York to stand by the ancient city Walls waiting for Scotsmen wielding bow an arrows!
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 10:45 pm

All those laws at the time were probably relevant, look at them now.
In a few hundred years the same thing will be happening, someguys will be laughing at the stupid old law of smoking weed is illegal, lol
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptySat 06 Aug 2011, 12:17 am

Smoking will prob be illegal then, along with internal combustion engines lol
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy EmptySat 06 Aug 2011, 12:30 am

who gives a flying fark lets get stoned its friday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legalising canabis would save the economy   Legalising canabis would save the economy Empty

Back to top Go down

Legalising canabis would save the economy
Page 1 of 1