Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..

Go down 
+9
markyboi
Powelly
ezza
VTEC_Andy83
tesh
Aky
manan-786
Dave_t
big-al
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Black Ben

Black Ben

civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..   civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 11:36 pm

Chopppppperssss bounce
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..   civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011, 1:14 am

the ride with chopped springs on standard shocks will just annoy you in no time, do things right first time and get coilovers - meister-r's are pretty cheap, have them on my ek and they ride so sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
markyboi
Sucio Bastardo Perezoso Español
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..   civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011, 3:35 am

x2 on the meister-r's they are sick and cheap!
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..   civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011, 4:08 am

allready done it... dropd it 50mm on apexy spings £25 used of ebay ..drives mint and looks mint but iv got a abs light on i think i may have knoked 1 of the sencors ill getb it back on the jack tomoro and have a look ..

i dont want to use coilovers as this car is my daily .....
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..   civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 4:07 am

big-al wrote:

big-al wrote:
drop as much as can but im not going coilovers just springs 60mm allround and maybe lower as iv got plenty cuting disc's lol

contradiction?
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..   civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 6:59 pm

dave whats contradiction about that ..as it says i want to drop it as much as i CAN ..and putting the coilover springs on the other accord made it very bounce i dont want that with this car ...and by the look of your car o low it is you'l now what i mean AS IT TAKES THE DRIVE OUT THE CAR AND GETS VERY DODGE AT HIGH SPEED
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..   civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 9:01 pm

That's only the cheap eBay coilover conversions though al, proper coilovers (tein, hsd, tanabe, etc) are sick and solid, not bouncy and flimsy. Invest!
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..   civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 10:17 pm

i will keep my eye open for a used set but at the mo im happy with o it is and iv orderd my new rims so i need to go easy on the cash front ..
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..   civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 EmptyThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:12 am

big-al wrote:

big-al wrote:
drop as much as can but im not going coilovers just springs 60mm allround and maybe lower as iv got plenty cuting disc's lol

contradiction?

big-al wrote:
dave whats contradiction about that ..as it says i want to drop it as much as i CAN ..and putting the coilover springs on the other accord made it very bounce i dont want that with this car ...and by the look of your car o low it is you'l now what i mean AS IT TAKES THE DRIVE OUT THE CAR AND GETS VERY DODGE AT HIGH SPEED

The fact you want to lower it but keep it riding nice, and you suggest doing that with chopped lowering springs, because you say coilovers would be too harcore for daily use.

There's the contradiction

Honestly Al, Mesiter-R's - do it. around £500. my ek ride's near enough standard and its pretty fookin low
Back to top Go down
Aky

Aky

PostSubject: Re: civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..   civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 EmptyThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:27 am

Decent coilovers give really good ride, coupe was slammed and was still smooth on d2 coilovers.
eBay sleeves give Hella shit ride, about as bad as you can get.

End of day you get what you pay for Al, and on a decent powered car you don't want cheap shit cos it with ruin it.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..   civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 EmptyThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:32 am

yeah thats right Aky, that's what i meant about "it will annoy you in no time". one of the main reason's i sold the DC2 was because the HKS coilovers were track orientated, which meant for a harder ride, and i couldn't justify spending the money on a different set as the HKS's were expensive. if you do it right first time, you wont regret it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..   civic r or accord r help ... toa mission.. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

civic r or accord r help ... toa mission..
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3