Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park

Go down 
+16
shogun
skyrocket
Tom 46
ring_master
Crannoth
big-al
brummie
Ned
lance
A2KLAU
mart609
riddzjdm
richeunos
Darkhawk
manan-786
Powelly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shogun

Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 7:55 pm

He was on a gsxr600 srad so had a full license. The lack of pillion insurance stops the pillion from claiming from e rider for injuries and losses in a fault claim. It's still legal to ride with a pillion without pillion insurance. Why you'd take out a policy without that as an added option I don't know as it's normally pennies from my experience.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 8:13 pm

shogun wrote:
He was on a gsxr600 srad so had a full license.

unless he didn't have a full licence, or he wasn't insured. the pillion was told to get up out of there by the rider, before the police turned up, that's why jay had to take him to hospital.
all signs point to him not being legit

I watched it happen, he was on the bumper of the 200sx all the way up the dual carriageway, so much so he was too close to see passed the 200sx, not seeing that there was alot of traffic in front, and was caught by surprise when he braked, panicking and locking up.

He was asking for trouble, and he found it....on the tarmac

Last edited by Dave_t on Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 9:31 pm

i dont think he was legal and he didnt ride it very well
Back to top Go down
brummie

brummie

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 10:02 pm

I missed last night but its ashame people had to spoil it. T.o.a is the only meet i like attending since they always have quality cars and behave like adults. First time i came was in a e46 3 series and asked about bringing it and i was told to park it out the way of the shots which was very fair IMO. If non jdm cars did that it would be less of an issue. Guess it was only a matter of time before the wrong chav got invited and im not saying all the non jap cars are chavy but most are
Back to top Go down
manan-786

manan-786

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 10:45 pm

Why Dont You Just Make It Invite Only ?? Stop The Chavs Coming In
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 10:49 pm

You can't really do that on a public car park though
Back to top Go down
richeunos

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 11:04 pm

The lad driving the 200sx was my mate mike,he did nothing wrong,just slowed to let me come over as he doesnt know the area,so was following me.

a slowing car+accellerating bike+lack of talent/concentration was the problem.

We never left the scene,we were just parked up,out of the way near the island at the bottom of the bypass,where we called the police and gave them our details.

They didnt turn up,so we carried on home once the controller gave us permission.

ive heard a lot of stories about last nights events,all of them saying that mike(200sx driver)did nothing wrong,so thanks to everyone for having some common sense,instead of making a drama out of this.

Not sure if anything will come of it tbh or whether the biker has blamed anyone,but in reallity he's only got himself to blame...glad he's ok either way.

Also sorry that the meets are now cancelled,i know this wasnt the only reason,but it was the final straw in a long list of things as far as im aware.

Either way,hope you find somewhere to make the TOA meets even better,and if were still welcome,we'll be there!!
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 11:09 pm

you and your mates will be welcome, no worries
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 11:40 pm

Attley wrote:
You can't really do that on a public car park though

is that the same as you cant hold car meet on a public carpark
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 1:11 am

Well a public car park is for the public (us) so yeah you can have meets, but it's not our property to hand pick who can enter and who can't, easiest way is to relocate, different time, and only advertise here.

Back to top Go down
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 1:19 am

^^ Yes Yes and Yes haha
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 1:41 am

Duane's right ^^ That's not a viable option + iv'e never liked that meet spot. not good for pictures, and it never gave a good general atmosphere from my point of view.

I'm free next week to go scouting for a new location whoever is down

Good to meet you yesterday Rich (red top, in the passenger seat of ned's MB6)
Whoever actually saw it happen could tell it was the bikers fault 100%

And of course, You and your mates will definitely be welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 1:42 am

Attley wrote:
Well a public car park is for the public (us) so yeah you can have meets, but it's not our property to hand pick who can enter and who can't, easiest way is to relocate, different time, and only advertise here.

i do see your point but it still bad to hold a car meet on a public car park and if the pigs what to be funny they will take ezza away as he owns the site that is being use'd to arrange these meets so you have to be carfull the best way is to stop the dickheads getting on the carpark and with 150 members there whos gona argue...they will soon get the point ..buy a jap car ..
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 1:48 am

why not do this wright and get a venue like the swancoat on the bridgnorth road people may have to pay a few £ to enter but what the hell if its right and you can get it

the bikers use it on a wednesday and its a nice ride out
Back to top Go down
richeunos

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 3:10 am

Dave_t wrote:
Duane's right ^^ That's not a viable option + iv'e never liked that meet spot. not good for pictures, and it never gave a good general atmosphere from my point of view.

I'm free next week to go scouting for a new location whoever is down

Good to meet you yesterday Rich (red top, in the passenger seat of ned's MB6)
Whoever actually saw it happen could tell it was the bikers fault 100%

And of course, You and your mates will definitely be welcome

Good to meet you too bud.we were a bit shaken up tbh.Had to feel sorry for mike,he was shaking!

We just did what we could to make sure we wouldnt get into any trouble.we left quite early,but ended up getting home at 12.
wish we'd stayed at the meet now.

Back to top Go down
Crannoth

Crannoth

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 4:19 am

This sucks big time but you could tell by the crowd that something might happen. I hope all involved are OK though. I wasn't there so i wouldn't pass judgement on anyone.

Hopefully TOA finds a new place to meet, invitation sounds good to me as long as i get one haha. Maybe some form of email invite sent to the mailing list for us to print off, so that when you turn up you have proof of invitation, maybe that's a step to far.

I'll try and get some pics by the weekend to brighten the mood a bit or give everyone a feeling of sorrow at what we may have a lost, I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
richeunos

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 6:21 am

well,the police have been in touch and have come to the same conclusion as everyone else..the biker was being an idiot.

he's in hospital for the next week having his shoulder rebuilt,they are both lucky to be alive.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:02 am

Thanks for the info Rich, both are very very lucky - it could have been a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park    Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monday 3rd October 8pm at Flood Street Car park
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2