Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An occuring problem?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tesh

An occuring problem? Empty
PostSubject: An occuring problem?   An occuring problem? EmptyThu 19 Feb 2009, 10:17 am

well i sorted all my ignition out and the car has been running sweet but recently its been having few issues so ill explain and hopfully people can give an insight as to what the cause could be.

when ticking over the rev counter is surging up and down between like 0.3 to bout 1.3 id guess.

and then when i come to a set of lights or brake for an island the revs drop to almost cutting out but it has yet not cut out on me so far.

and also whenever i got heating or headlights on the car just feels fully weak on idle.

i havent put any modified parts on the car an im thinkin alternater or IACV maybe.

any advice?
Back to top Go down
Spoon_Civic

PostSubject: Re: An occuring problem?   An occuring problem? EmptyThu 19 Feb 2009, 6:16 pm

Mine was doing the exact same for a month, so I changed the battery which made no difference at all. A few days later my engine light came on and it was my O2 sensor.

My new one should be here today so hopefuly the problem gets fixed!

Rich
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: An occuring problem?   An occuring problem? EmptyThu 19 Feb 2009, 7:38 pm

Try a diagnostic too
Back to top Go down
steve-o

steve-o

PostSubject: Re: An occuring problem?   An occuring problem? EmptyThu 19 Feb 2009, 10:59 pm

thats a bit like mine when it idles its startin to sound like a common falut ive had and seen the same problem on vauxhalls n normaly its IACV
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: An occuring problem?   An occuring problem? EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 6:07 am

yh well i wednesday is now officialy the one day i get of work every week so next wednesday will be a car day again so ill get do a diognostic test see what code i get and ill reset the ecu aswell.
Back to top Go down
steve-o

steve-o

PostSubject: Re: An occuring problem?   An occuring problem? EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 3:28 pm

yea im doin the reset ecu im hopin it might do it

so how do u do the diognostic test ur self
Back to top Go down
mart609

mart609

PostSubject: Re: An occuring problem?   An occuring problem? EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 7:46 pm

if its the same as the lude you short the service connector with a paperclip and count the flashes on the engine management light

ECU resets should be done after any mod, as the ECU 'learns' from the way you drive.
so after you've fitted and induction kit, exhaust etc. it could be slightly be slightly over fueling or running lean.
so an ECU reset should be done
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: An occuring problem?   An occuring problem? EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 8:39 pm

well as long as that lil green plug that to bridge the wires in is in the same location as an ek it should be good
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: An occuring problem?   An occuring problem? EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 12:23 am

I'm not 100 percent sure about eks but on egs there's a 2 pin plug under the passenger side of the dash, all you do is bridge the 2 pins with a paper clip or somthin, then when you turn the ignition on the engine check light will flash certain number or times giving you a code, you will find a list if u google it telling u what code means what. I'm on my berry atm but when I get home I'll find it and post it up..
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: An occuring problem?   An occuring problem? EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 2:24 am

wiked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An occuring problem?   An occuring problem? Empty

Back to top Go down

An occuring problem?
Page 1 of 1