Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doms milano red eg6 turbo

Go down 
+8
Ned
JayGTI
Dave_t
Michael
Jay
mart609
cus
dom eg6
12 posters
AuthorMessage
dom eg6

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Empty
PostSubject: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyWed 25 Mar 2009, 9:52 am

ive got a eg6 and done a few things and thort id put it up on here for you all to see hope you like

got the car last november havent got any pics to hand what it looked like then but ive got some pics of april this year this is where i had got to.
d2 coil overs, mongoose straight through 2.5inch bore , 421 manifold,corbeau forza seats sparco harnesses.

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Image012

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Image115
then a little bit more in to the year i added a few little things wind deflectors slightly smaller plate on the front, front lower brace, rear lower brace, rear higher and c pillar brace a dc2 s80 box and some refurbed driveshafts and after a about 1500 miles of playing this is what my near side tyre looked like

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Image137

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Image114

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Image100

i realy do rate the paradas in the dry and specialy as there £35 on the bay but realy soft and dont last

by june it was just clocking on to 135,000 and a little smoke in vtec and higher oil consumption. which didnt give me much confidence so i thort if the engines got to come out mayaswell not just put the standard lump back in so i got to work thinking doing a bit of reaserch on what i could do not being in the honda world verry long . i looked at K20 , B20 , B18 and b16 turbo. and in the end i decided to go down the boost route. so i spoke to my friend steve at silverline racing that offerd to help me out and take it apart with me and i got to work, buying parts and takeing apart...... (just a few basic pics for now have got to dig them all out again)

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0062

Doms milano red eg6 turbo DSC00477

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0154

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0150

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Image162-1

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Image159-1

i had got to work and by that time i had got the parts list well what i thort i need until started building it and realised i wasent even close. but it was my first time and had a lot to learn.

The Spec so far

- link stanelone g3 management
- cp pistons 9.0cr
- eagle h beam rods arp bolts
- RP head stud kit
- garrett to4e turbo
- had a budget so thort i would try a XS power manifold
- radtec racing intercooler custom pipework
- radtec racing oil cooler 10 row oil cooler with all braided lines+fittings
- tial 38mm external wastegate custom pipework
- radtec racing sandwich plate
- exedy clutch 3 paddle
- walbro fuel pump
- honda prelude injectors
- custom down pipe

by agust i had got the ecu installed engine built a little rushed and not finished but here are some pics..

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Image175

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Image173

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Image176

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Image177

i had a few issues 1nce it was built when id done 300 miles i had the base map removed and the second map wich started out to be 10 psi but with the prelude injectors it was leaning out at 6500rpm so had to set the limit to that.
also had more teething problems, radiator was to small and when the laptop was plugged in when on boost water temp was rising and when let of it would calm back down so needed a new rad. so started getting more bits..

- alloy twin core rad
- rc 750cc injectors
- samco hoses
- ngk leads
- engine earthing kit
- engine damper
- exhaust down pipe modified with flexi pipe
- v band clamp for turbo
- polished rocker cover
also had oil coming out of the head gasket leaking down the block by gearbox witch confused me because i had the head skimmed and block so i thort the standard steel couldnt hack it so i orderd a cometic gasket 1.2mm fitted that the rest of the parts and got it mapped this is what it looked like...

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0018-1

it made 347 bhp at 17 psi with rc injectors on 75% cycle duty, stil water temp high and now more smoke and stil dripping from the block out of head gasket so taken it apart and taken it of the road this winter to get it sorted and hopefully iron out these probs

i needed to do a clearup in the engine bay and took a few things out the way eg- take out wireing and origonal map sensor and jus rewire and move a few thins to tidy it up sorry pics arnt good lights are not v good inside.

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0120

i had some issues with cooling so i got to work trying to sort it i have coated the rad with relfective heat tape and wrapped the downpipe so we shal see how i got on

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0117

then to keep a close eye on the water temp i fitted a water temp gauge to the dash just to the left of the steering wheel..

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0121

and then thort id do something ive not seen before and screw the ecu to the ouside of the carpet

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0123

ive been looking in to engine breathing over the last week because i had oil coming out of seals slightly and dripping out of the head gasket and i think with this kit plugging into the block it might solve it, done some research and this has been known (heavy breathing)

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Install_s6

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Breather-Kit1

and also ive been through 2 turbo's now and due to trial and error ive learned the hardway...... i was getting the oil feed from the sandwich plate aswell as the oil cooler of the same plate. so when the engine was took apart it looks like its been starved of oil bearings have gone filings of the blades have gon in to the engine and ruind the piston rings causing it to smoke and with the heavy breathing jus didnt help at all. so im going to take the oil feed from the oil pressure sensor with a t pece off the block. so hopefully its coming together now and with those 2 major faults it makes sence.

Doms milano red eg6 turbo DSC00256

been in the process of takeing it apart over christmas adding a few extras and cleaning out the engine replacing the rings and bearings incace there are any filings from the old snail stuck in there.

here's some pics of the engine now in bits.

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0155

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0144

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0146

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0147

orderd the new rings and bearings so wen they arrive its put it back together and fingers crossed were good to go. aiming for mid febuary.

have also had a bit of a clean up of the intercooler pipes to make sure there are no snail blades in there. and a few more pics of components for it and things ive done since.

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0148

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0145

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0143

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0142

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0137

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0141

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0140

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0139

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0134

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0135

yesss i no its a xs/chav power manifold but moneys a bit tight at the min gotta make do.

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Image011

k&n

Doms milano red eg6 turbo IMAG0151

also going to paint the block black just to tidy it up.

dug out a vid ive found before it went of the road for the winter for the rubuild of me testing out the launch control.

Doms milano red eg6 turbo Th_15102008029

got rid of that black can at the back adding some more to the rocker cover and mounting the can etc.. also got the turbo feed in the oil pressure switch now so now with a fully rebuilt engine again. were good to go not too long now.

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 27022009446

steve and i have been putting it back together this week. and its allmost done a few little mods to down pipe and were good to go just waiting for the welder. had it up and running no smoke and fingers crossed all good

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 07032009480

now its all cleaned up in the bay and how i want it for now. exhaust is a little close to rad but it should be fine for now.

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 11032009505

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 11032009504

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 11032009499

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 16032009518

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 11032009509

fetched this today from radtec , oil temp is sitting to low so this mocal sandwich plate has got a built in thermostat set to open at 97degrees. so that should sort it out.

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 16032009514

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 16032009515

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 16032009516

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 16032009517

Doms milano red eg6 turbo DSC00038

also found these, i no their auto but for what i paid for them it was a good deal might take apart and black out the auto sign's. should look better
Few pics of the car as it stands now waiting to be taxed and insuerd and a new down pipe fitted. the one on at the min is to close to the rad!!

is dirty and grubby Sad

just another little update shes back at home with me now all dun on the base map to be run in. its stil not m.o.t'd or tax'd

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 22032009533

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 22032009531

new clocks installed fitted

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 22032009528

thats the current progres up to now runs dun about 40 miles on trade plates and no smoke or cooling issues so fingers crossed. if you look in last pic you can see a nice crack in the window thats next before m.o.t.

ive copyed most of it from my other build thread on another forum so hopefully it makes sence Smile hope you like comments welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyWed 25 Mar 2009, 10:13 am

looks clean as fook dude, simple name for this is weapon!
hope its all sweet for you dude.
cant wait until you let me drive it! lol Wink
Back to top Go down
mart609

mart609

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyWed 25 Mar 2009, 10:18 am

i heard the j-n-c guys talking about this alot, as the guys there use steve@silverline alot
i hear this is bloody rapid
Back to top Go down
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyWed 25 Mar 2009, 9:16 pm

That looks like a beast Shocked
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyThu 26 Mar 2009, 2:59 am

Fucking love it mate Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.JDMtas.com
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyThu 26 Mar 2009, 3:02 am

about time you posted your build-up on here cheers
was close to kickin yo ass!!!

running sweet :-) pulled strong low down, was suprised! did you check that v-band clamp dude?

just think, its just a matter of days before shes fully run in, and we can really see what she's got king
the orbital is awiting you my friend Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
JayGTI

JayGTI

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyThu 26 Mar 2009, 5:11 am

Wowzer Shocked

Looks really clean and a bit of a sleeper 2bfair, looks like a lot of hard graft has gone into it!

Fair play! Love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dom eg6

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyThu 26 Mar 2009, 5:56 am

cheers for comments peeps Smile yer it has been a complete nightmare lol but hopefully getting there now. had the new windscreen fitted today and its of for mot tomorrow hopefully. dave ' no mate havent realy had time yet going to av a look when on the ramp tomorrow it will be something silly as it wasent doing it today.
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyThu 26 Mar 2009, 6:17 am

Shocked shit the bed
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyThu 26 Mar 2009, 7:37 am

wow, so clean, do you valet for a living then?

Nice to see how much its progressed, too many people give up when shit goes wrong.

Its easy to make a turbo honda, but one you can drive hard is a different matter. well done.

Hows the manifold treating you? was gunna use one of those.
keep us updated
Back to top Go down
Chris
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyThu 26 Mar 2009, 7:56 am

Ned wrote:
Shocked shit the bed

x2

bit of a road weapon you got there!
Back to top Go down
dom eg6

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyThu 26 Mar 2009, 9:48 am

dude wouldnt hold your breath its limited atm.. so cant realy boost it but seems good at the min mate it holds 7 psi and rpm limiter is set to 4500rpm. but yeah changed everything done as much research as poss and even the cams have been took out twice to re torqe the head 1nce when 1st started up and run to temp and then 1nce after a 5 mile drive. and a whole new pcv system is installed so we shal see. from what ive found thats the 2 biggest issues of turbo honda's. manifolds good so far il let you no if i have any issues im counting the days though lol.
Back to top Go down
Benny

Benny

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyFri 27 Mar 2009, 11:40 am

Awesome! We NEED More Videos! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptySat 28 Mar 2009, 6:05 am

good choice of engine for boost, apparently meant to have the best free flowing head for boost, cant wait to see this working well jobs a good en.
Back to top Go down
dom eg6

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyTue 31 Mar 2009, 5:13 am

got insurance now just waiting for tax reminder to come through as i cant find log book

put a square rear plate on it this afternoonm was hard trying to find 1 that would fit in the ukdm boot.

Doms milano red eg6 turbo 30032009547
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyTue 31 Mar 2009, 8:59 am

looks good, u gettin a USDM/JDM boot at some point?
Back to top Go down
dom eg6

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo EmptyWed 01 Apr 2009, 6:27 am

yeah mate when moneys good. stopping spending on it now 4 a while jus want the standard mudflaps and poss jdm fogs at frnt and il be happy 4 a cuple of months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doms milano red eg6 turbo   Doms milano red eg6 turbo Empty

Back to top Go down

Doms milano red eg6 turbo
Page 1 of 1