Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*

Go down 
+13
EM1_Yo
Stokes
WhittyBoi
Saifskyline
Darkside
Ned
skyrocket
Danny
Dave_t
cus
ezza
Powelly
griffo20022
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cus

cus

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Oct 2010, 3:04 am

haha yeah i was looking between yours and the pic, they look the same, think the red works really well to be fair.

what was your original plan with the wheels then??
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Oct 2010, 3:49 am

Thats exactly what I did lol, had 2 windows open side by side lmao!

My original plan was to just go powdercoated all white, similar to how the red EG has them. Just thought clean and simple was how I wanted and tbh I still do but you can't deny that the red wheels with white car looks bloody awesome!
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Oct 2010, 4:03 am

yeah i think it would look nice either way, you hopeing to go about the same lowness as that one ^^??
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Oct 2010, 4:46 am

white on white, nahhhhhhh

rock the red and polish
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Oct 2010, 3:23 am

Hey guys, well not too long got in from work and while i'm waiting for my gf to arrive home I thought i'd grab a couple shots while the driveway was empty lol. The car looks pretty clean in these pics (probs due to the relatively high ISO) however the things actually rancid and providing dry weather i'll probs give it a good clean the weekend!

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 IMG_0621

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 IMG_0620

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 IMG_0624

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 IMG_0623

Did an oil change over the weekend using a hamp filter and 5/40W Fully Synth so i'm pleased that's out the way now aswell as a couple other bits and bobs just tatting around with it lol!

I've also got a couple of things awaiting to arrive through the post for it such as Coilovers, Amber front indi lenses, Raizin Voltage Stabilizer kit, GRP sticker and JimmyUp sticker so when they arrive i'll be looking to get that lot on Smile Also need to drop somebody a PM on here about a couple little bits lol!

Also had a quick play just on Photoshop how I want the exterior looking. All i've done pretty much is a bodydrop and ambered the front lenses, that's because that's all I pretty much want to do to the exterior bar possible wheel colour change too

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 IMG_0620shopped

Plus, it's payday end of the week Razz
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Oct 2010, 7:19 am

smaller rubber...de mudguard?
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Oct 2010, 7:49 am

Yer I would like smaller rubber eventually. I'm quite liking the look of what 175/55 gives so will probs look into that eventually. I will have a look into the de-mudguarding. I don't think they look as offending as other cars so don't see them as much of a problem just yet lol!
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Oct 2010, 7:57 am

http://www.tyrecocentres.com - ask for shaff say Jay sent you. he did Whittyboi's ek3 cheeeeeeepppp stretchy goodness..
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 4:10 am

Hey guys, welll payday has come and gone and things have slowly been trickling in.

Coilovers turned up the other day as did my Raizin kit. Fitted my Raizin kit Friday evening so all is well and good Smile the cars still got the slight hesitation although it's pretty minimal so isn't no major cause for concern

I haven't got around to fitting my coilies yet, should hopefully have them on ready for the Tegiwa day! I'm also waiting for a couple of polybush items which I would like to change along with the suspension change so can't really undertake the task until they arrive anyway! Also had through the post today my Amber indicator lenses and my lower front strut brace Very Happy I also had some Gameboys come today that I won on ebay, the lot came in a Royal Mail sack, it felt like Christmas had came early Very Happy Very Happy

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 26102010198

My lenses, brace and coilovers Very Happy Got the lenses fitted earlier as it's only a two second job really Smile I'm happy with them and the fit is pretty good tbf! I also sprayed my outer grills on the front bumper black the other day which I just need to tidy up the edges slightly where my masking skills have failed me lol! The strut i'll probs look into doing when I come to do my coilies (Think that day will be a LONG one lol)
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 4:50 am

as gay as it may sound....anychance you could measure the lenth of the coilovers before they go on......i have a cunning plan
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 9:13 am

Good stuff!

get those coilys on mate
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 10:30 pm

skyrocket wrote:
as gay as it may sound....anychance you could measure the lenth of the coilovers before they go on......i have a cunning plan

Yer man no worries, i'll try to remeber to do it when I reach home from work today bud!

If it's dry this weekend I might see if I can undergo fitting the coilies providing the polybushes arrive. I bet getting the old LCA bushes out is a absolute pig isn't it?
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Oct 2010, 1:27 am

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 KILL-IT-WITH-FIRE-FUNNY-FORUM-PICS
Back to top Go down
Darkside

Darkside

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Oct 2010, 7:46 pm

What are the Raceland coilovers like dude?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hondaculture.com
Saifskyline

Saifskyline

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 4:10 am

seen this at the last meet, very clean eg man.
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2010, 7:48 am

Hey guys, how are we??

Well, just a quick bump on this, been doing a few little bits and bobs since my last update on here.

Since i've had the car I haven't washed it yet lol! But tonight it got to the point where I thought I had to do something as it was driving me mental lol! So rather than dig out all my own pressure washer I drove to my local petrol station which has like garage jet wash areas. I took my own bucket, shampoo and mitt and used their gun to rinse it all down while using my own mitt to give it a good wipe down, can't believe how dirty it actually was when I was running my mitt across lmao! Ideally does need a good polish n shiz but I don't think i'll bother until the arse end of Christmas now lol, just keep on top of cleaning Smile I thought i'd grab a couple piccies while I was out...

Doesn't know what to do with a few Suds on it! hehe
My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 22112010227

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 22112010228

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 22112010229

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 22112010233

I know it doesn't look gleeming but believe me, compared to how it started out it looks f*cking concourse now lmao!

As you can see a couple small things have changed.. I've got my Amber indis fitted, painted the lower out grills (Still need to tidy up the edges a little), fitted my white steering wheel and fitted my slightly larger full tin rear spoiler.

I've still got my coilovers sitting in the garage awaiting to be fitted. Also have a spare set of rear LCA's now which have had the old bushes pushed out and i've started fitting the new Energy bushes i've got. However the LCA pivot bushes seem too big for the hole, has anybody come across this with Energy bushes before? (Will make a dedicated thread in the apropriate area)

Along with that i've still got my front lower strut brace to fit aswell as swapping my throttle body over for a larger one from a D15Z6. I bought it second hand as I suspect the TPS is possibly on the way out on mine. The replacement came with a TPS which i've tested and appears to be all good Smile, I took the Throttle body with me to work Friday and had one of the guys clean it up for me on their Ultrasonic cleaner Very Happy Started out like so...

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 DSCF00062

Not too bad but could always be cleaner Very Happy So after the cleaning came out like so...

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 19112010223

While it was dismantled I replaced the Anti tamper screws with proper bolts and also replaced the O Ring for the MAP sensor. So at least even if it doesn't cure my slight hesitation It should run that little bit smoother being all clean n spangly Very Happy

So there we go! More to come such as going lower and new seats!
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 8:11 am

Should be fitting these tomorrow! Very Happy

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 07122010243

Picked them up from a friend this evening who had them spare after swapping them out ofr a set of 'Lude leathers. They are absolute MINT not a scuff, rip nada! Got em for a pretty good price too Smile So tomorrow i'll finally be f*cking off those rancid colour stocko seats I currently have thank god!

Also with MASSIVE thanks to Saifskyline (Nice meeting you dude, your EG RAWKS!) I got a set of dark grey rear seats which I fitted in today, to go with the new 'lude seats Very Happy I'll probs have em folded down most the time anyway but should I need to rock more than 2 up at least i'll have decent looking seats all round Very Happy with just the rear seats alone you can see a massive difference! Just nice to look in the window and not be greeted by seats in a dashing shade of vomit!.....
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 8:12 am

Ill have the stocks mate.. cool update !!!
Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 8:22 am

Mate where's that badboy carwash?!
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 8:35 am

petrol station nxt to st johns retail in wolvo...opposite matalan clearence/amf bowling
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 8:52 am

they look awkward to sit in lol but yeah better then that fade yellow look
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:18 am

skyrocket wrote:
petrol station nxt to st johns retail in wolvo...opposite matalan clearence/amf bowling

You got it dude haha! Great for weather like this so you don't need to bother getting your own jetwash n stuff out.

Your more than welcome to the stock seats Powelly, have you got some seats in yours already? Reason I ask is that you'll need the outer rails from what seats you currently have to go onto mine as i'll be using them to fit the 'lude seats with. They just unbolt anyway so no faffing around Smile
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:23 am

yeah I know... Im thinking spares always handy to have a set of spares..im in no rush mate ... just let me know when ur over our way again..or vice versa can come to you..

Im still waiting for Ned to sort me out them MB6' seats..
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyThu 09 Dec 2010, 4:00 am

Out with sh*tty old

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 08122010246

in with cooly new Very Happy

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 DSCF0012

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 DSCF0010

Me likeys them Very Happy Just need to do something with the doorcards now and obviously give the inside a damn good clean! Then i'm happy Very Happy Lol, Pacman ghost looks like he's just been caught in the act of something naughty lmao!
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 EmptyThu 09 Dec 2010, 4:12 am

Very nice update mate,

you can pull the door cards apart and reupholster the crappy grey look with some fresh fabric

I know the ones on mine were in bits when I got the EG so the come apart and go back together easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*   My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My EG4 VEi *Getting Comfy*
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Car related :: Gallery/Builds-
Jump to: