Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

car mopping anyone?

Go down 
+6
dirty-dale
Attley
WhittyBoi
Ned
ezza
cus
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cus

cus

mopping - car mopping anyone? Empty
PostSubject: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptySat 08 May 2010, 8:08 am

ok so being as i really cant be botherd to work i figured im going to start my own thing and its mopping cars, i've already done a few of my own and the results where great im proud to say!

so i thought i'd post it on here and see who would be interested in me doing theres.

for me to mop a car properly and get back a really nice smooth shine it would take me about 8 hours or in other words a hole day or even two depending on how bad the condition of the paint is, i'd be starting at 9 and finishing at 5

i'd be using my own materials and and that would be included in the price, i figured being as it would be a day job i would charge a daily rate of £45 which i think is a bargin, i know that most valeters would charge anything from £50 - 120 depending on what car it is, and i'll add that the bigger the car the longer it takes so i'd want more for the job but dont get it mixed up that i'd take the mick just to charge more haha

this is just tester to see who would be interested, let me know your thoughts as to prices and such

thanks
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptySat 08 May 2010, 8:46 am

I wouldnt be interested as my car is black, lol.

sounds good tho, have you got any before and after pics for people?
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptySat 08 May 2010, 9:27 am

nah but hopefully im doing one of my moms freinds corsa's over the weekend and its really bad as its red the oxidide have fucked it up so gonna have a blast at it, if i do i'll get some before and after shots so you can have a ganda!
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptySat 08 May 2010, 9:29 am

Yeah man, i dont doubt ur work but some pics will be a clincher for people umming and arring
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptySat 08 May 2010, 10:05 am

ye man i agree with what your saying.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 10:20 am

i had to do this in two sections because of time and working around when my moms friend was off work etc in total it has took me about six hours i would of took longer but she had to go...

firstly i gave the car a wash to get all the grime etc off

i used g3 not the best stuff i've used but it did the job and also a hard pad for the mop following through with a soft to mop the wax in after these are the results.....

before...

mopping - car mopping anyone? DSC_0214

mopping - car mopping anyone? DSC_0215

and after...

mopping - car mopping anyone? DSC_0271

mopping - car mopping anyone? DSC_0272

mopping - car mopping anyone? DSC_0273

mopping - car mopping anyone? DSC_0274

i havent edited these photos in anyway even down to setting on my camera i used it on auto

im happy with the results but i could of done with those extra two hours which i think it needed just to finish it off, it would of looked ever better. i charged her £40

let me know what you think all comments and crits welcome haha
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 10:22 am

very good work mate!
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 10:26 am

thanks ned, you want it doing on the shuttle? LOL!
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 11:04 am

good work, how much for a skybus?
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 11:22 am

let me see when you get it what sort of condition the paint is in.
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 12:02 pm

sound
Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 6:10 pm

good job cus, id get it done but not sure of the difference it would make on the white, think you should have a blast on your car then show me the before and after Razz

also why does your ride look ridiculously high on the back?? lol
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 8:03 pm

might be interested bud, speak to ya this weekend about it if you want
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 11:13 pm

ste i used to have a EK sedan in white which i mopped and it come up a beauty propa shiny and trust me you could notice the difference in colour when i did each panel, my car looks high cuz its on a jack stand cuz the koni's have been seen off to be repaired!

dwane.. ye sweet
Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 11:20 pm

ahh right sweet man, how much you lookin, obv i'd want it done when i got my new bumper an shit so it all matches up lol.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 11:26 pm

the matching on the paint all depends if the actuall paint itself matches if you get what i mean, did your hatch have a fresh paint job?

i'd charge £40 do the hatch.
Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 11:51 pm

yeah the paint was fresh, to be honest though the bonnet looks shit so i dont think that was sprayed, and ive got some paint flaking on my drivers door, makes me worry
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyThu 27 May 2010, 4:58 am

shuttle's paint is past saving mate
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyThu 27 May 2010, 6:57 am

no it isnt! it would come up a treat.
Back to top Go down
dirty-dale

PostSubject: Yes please!   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 11:29 pm

Recently bought a BMW Touring (1997) and the last owner had tried their best to "touch up " the car. Could really benefit from a good mop and ur pics of the corsa look great. How much do u reckon you would charge? Wink
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptySat 03 Jul 2010, 4:46 am

at the minute i havent got the mop i was lending it of someone, but i'd need to have a look and see what condition its in, where are you from mate and maybe we can sort sumat out.
Back to top Go down
dirty-dale

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptySat 03 Jul 2010, 5:43 am

I live in Birmingham, the car is ebay item no: 270589566700 if u wanna have a look. Thanks for the response.
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptySun 04 Jul 2010, 6:13 am

Cuz i will really appreciate it if you could mop my ek for me just the main shell, bumpers side skirts grill ect will all be in body shop so shudn be much to buff
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 5:43 am

ezza wrote:
I wouldnt be interested as my car is black, lol.

Ezza, black cars benefit the MOST from a good mop! Black cars a bitch to keep clean, and ANY mark, scratch, dint, etc shows up. All the swirl marks in the paint are blatant. Mopping will make it looks like glass. It'll look like a new car!
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 9:23 am

Cus what products are you using? ive just got myself a dasPRO with some menzerna compounding/polishing/finishing pads and some lmenzerna ow cut and mid cut polishes. How are you getting a whole car done in a day is beyond me unless your using a heavy cutting compound ive spent about 3 hours on a bonnet working all the swirls out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: car mopping anyone?   mopping - car mopping anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

car mopping anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Car related :: Car related chat-
Jump to: