Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?

Go down 
+4
Ned
cus
Dave_t
Powelly
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Powelly

Powelly

Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? Empty
PostSubject: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptySun 23 May 2010, 10:54 pm

So my EJ6 ran out of petrol today inside the queens way tunnel, i have never been so scared in all my life.......police came and big up to transport coppers for once really saved my bacon towed me out and im waitin on some help omg what a nightmare.

My missus is coming with some petrol money now and a jump start.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptySun 23 May 2010, 11:15 pm

lol jay how did u do that!
haha, can imagine you pressed up against the wall while cars are rushing past lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptySun 23 May 2010, 11:17 pm

lol omg ther couldent of been anywhere worse! was you skimping out or just trialing to see how much you could sqeeze out of a gallon?

i've always wanted to do it but im scared just incase that happens!
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptySun 23 May 2010, 11:23 pm

you mad man, I hardly let mine get low
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptySun 23 May 2010, 11:37 pm

unlucky!
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 12:12 am

Yeah shit scared , got recorded by soome chaves going past as well:-( so yeah well pissed, its taken 4 jumps to get it home its sounds as thiugh 1 battrys nackerd or 2 altanater fooked or i cant imagine what but wont turn over with out jump leadz on..... Need some help guys
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 12:17 am

try a battery off another car and give the guy u got it off some abuse
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 12:19 am

Thatswhat i was thinkin, battry but driving it works for abiut 5 10 mins then splutters and dies also engine lights on. :-( im gunna cry....
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 12:23 am

when my alernator went on the ek4 sir the speedo didnt work.
the alternator and speedo are on the same fuse. check the fuse first, if not you should checkthe alternator to see if its charging
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 12:24 am

battery, my ek was doin the same after i rebuilt it when it was on a shit battery
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 12:30 am

Yes dave nice one spedos not working too Revs work but no speed,
Back to top Go down
skyrocket

skyrocket

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 12:42 am

bad times....i was running low going through the mountains on the way back from uni (aberystwyth) at 5am on a sunday roughly 15 miles from civilisation...no mobile coverage and it was raining.....it was a long walk and ended with me buying new clocks for my scirocco!!!
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 12:48 am

Im hopin its a fuse and a charge on the battry
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 12:53 am

change the fuse and see how u go. chances are the alternators gone but fingers crossed its just the fuse lol
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 12:59 am

Wheres cheep other than ebay local 4 an altenator??
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 1:42 am

So if the engine light is on the dash would that mean the altinators gone???
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 3:19 am

if i remember correctly the light was on mine
if the speedo isnt working id say its the alternator.
have u checked the fuse yet?
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 3:24 am

Yeah all the fuses are good mate,
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 3:42 am

sounds like its the alternator then dude
theres loads of coupes being broken on ebay usually mate
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 3:47 am

Right had a good read whilst havin a bbq on me iphone, all sorted i have found i hope .......a blown fuse i missed and the engine mgmt light has gone out????? Feckin nightmare of a day wish me luck im gunna get a jump and shoot home halfords i think 7.5amp fuse for me washers lol
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 4:05 am

sounds like you might have sorted it dude
maybe jump starting it over-charged it or something, blowing the fuse

fingers crossed mate
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 4:08 am

There was a 10 amp instead of a 7.5 but started ..... Speedos still fooked ?????
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 4:09 am

mmm....well all signs point to the alternator then
now you will have to check if its charging. will need a volt meter, should be pushin out aroun 13volts
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 4:15 am

And mgmt light still prevails damnt it but at least it start on its own now. Any chance we. Ould move thread to engine tech as it could help other peeps....
Back to top Go down
R3_RYE

R3_RYE

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? EmptyThu 27 May 2010, 8:17 pm

Ran out Halfway round the stourbridge ring road about 50 yards away from the BP where i was headed to get petrol.

Also battery went flat while parked in a layby towards hagley somewhere...(Scott and Duane came and found me if i remember correctly??)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?   Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheres the worst place you have ever ran out of petrol?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next