Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seriously thinking about this engine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave_t

Dave_t

Seriously thinking about this engine Empty
PostSubject: Seriously thinking about this engine   Seriously thinking about this engine EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007, 7:48 am

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170131398793&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:uk

ive got sum money saved, and i know i said i wasnt going to continue with my ek, but i just cant resist a b16 when it looks at me with its big rocker cover Razz

what else would i need to get this up and running in my ek3??

1.ek vti mounts
2.?
3.?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
tesh

PostSubject: probly the same as my b18   Seriously thinking about this engine EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007, 8:29 am

is ur ek a 1.4 cuz mine was an i put a b18 into it you will need an ek vti engine wiring loom would make it way easier may need a conversion harness for the ECU i did not sure if ull need one.

i had to change my engine mount thats near the timing belt side and also u will need a rear engine mount of an eg vti gearbox mount can be resued ill add more info when im not stoned mate

if u wana have a look at mine feel free 2 ask

laterssssssss
afro
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Seriously thinking about this engine   Seriously thinking about this engine EmptyTue 17 Jul 2007, 9:45 am

Mines an ek3 1.5i ls, d15z6
Ye i saw your thread, hows it coming, have you finnished it?
he says it comes with everything minus the ecu
It looks pretty sweet, its a jdm b16a, so it should have the lsd gearbox shouldnt it???

ye if i get this i'll hav 2 cum c ur's, show me exactly what i need to get started
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Seriously thinking about this engine   Seriously thinking about this engine EmptyThu 19 Jul 2007, 1:25 am

dont do it, its a b16a1 which is the 3rd gen engine, you would need to get a hydro gearbox or convert your car to run cable clutch, tbh it would be a step down b series wise. the b16a2 is the one you want, hydro gearbox, revised cooling system and anodised fuel rail (im sue theres a few other differences i cant remember right now).
Back to top Go down
srf

srf

PostSubject: Re: Seriously thinking about this engine   Seriously thinking about this engine EmptyThu 19 Jul 2007, 4:24 am

B16A1 - 150hp. Cable tranny. Came in EF9 Civic SiR, EF8 CRX SiR..

B16A2 - 160hp. Hydro tranny. EG6 and EG9 Civic SiR, EG2 Del Sol SiR, plus EK SiR...

The differences are like ez said and B16A2 has OBD1 instead of OBD0 wiring, different rocker cover, higher compression, different cams.

I think the higher compression is why the 10hp difference, not to sure on that tho

Last edited by on Thu 19 Jul 2007, 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Seriously thinking about this engine   Seriously thinking about this engine EmptyThu 19 Jul 2007, 4:33 am

im pretty sure the A2 is less than 170, the b18c1 is near that mark
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: Seriously thinking about this engine   Seriously thinking about this engine EmptyThu 19 Jul 2007, 5:11 am

the a1 was only 150bhp only 20 more than a d16a9

the thing that makes me think is, if its in a integra....... maybe the clutch converison is already done??
Back to top Go down
srf

srf

PostSubject: Re: Seriously thinking about this engine   Seriously thinking about this engine EmptyThu 19 Jul 2007, 10:30 am

ezza wrote:
im pretty sure the A2 is less than 170, the b18c1 is near that mark

oops yep, edited it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seriously thinking about this engine   Seriously thinking about this engine Empty

Back to top Go down

Seriously thinking about this engine
Page 1 of 1