Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Importing a car from Japan?

Go down 
+5
Dave_t
benkei
cus
Lee_EP82
Powelly
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Powelly

Powelly

Importing a car from Japan? Empty
PostSubject: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 4:17 am

I am bored at work looking at cars for sale in Japan and bang for buck is way cheaper than UK prices. Now I know theres loads of companies offering an import services, uk reg ESVA / SVA, Tax, more tax, event more tax (hate tax) but:

Has any on had any experiance with importing a car from Japan?

Who would you recomend?

What is needed from pick up & load from Japan right through to import & collection at the UK dock's?
Back to top Go down
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 5:18 am

Have you spoke to Reece at autospecs on driftworks?

You give him a deposit £1000 then you get members access to the auction site and can view details of the cars and import sheets and that.

I gave him deposit and looking for an AE86 but haven't came across the perfect 1 yet.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 5:37 am

you'd get raped on delivery, completely pointless unless you got alot of money.

if you was to do it i'd say go through tegiwa, they have contacts over there.
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 6:17 am

JM Imports, speak to Jurgen, he got my Supra and sorted everythign out. Even gives you a discount if you give a large deposit on the car. Really nice bloke to, I couldn't recommend him enough.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 6:37 am

Tegiwa have stopped import cars to sell - but would import one for a customer. i will be importing an s2000 through them, but thats on hold for my new project. which i may import through them depending on prices
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 7:18 am

See thats what bothers me is the cost to import, @ Benkei - did you find out how much import cost was on the supra? Dave what sort of price is Tegiwa quoting?

Would they import a car I brought from an individual garage not off some bidding site, for example http://www.rockyauto.co.jp/

http://www.rockyauto.co.jp/stock/detail.php?id=10791
^^ something like this

Been working it out all day - 345.5 million Yen = £2,600 ish inc tax. then import cost's on top/ tax and reg etc or I could save more and buy a RB25DET converted but this is just an idea for now. (that's what im looking to work out) Bit late for me to be calling any one tonight but Ill start enquiring.

Basiclly lads I have got my heart set on a 240/60z - the UK versions are not only shite/rust and errrmmm shite but way over priced - this way if I import a sort of nearly complete project it will give me chance to slap my own stamp on it and Rep a 240/60z for TOA.

what do you lot think??
Back to top Go down
EM1_Yo

EM1_Yo

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 11:07 am

Do what ever it takes to get that car Shocked

Epic
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 7:08 pm

any one wanna buy a kidney? Ill keep it safe until you need it? :-)
Back to top Go down
EM1_Yo

EM1_Yo

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 7:55 pm

Selling organs ??

Extreme, I like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 11:28 pm

Extream is just the start LOL.

Seriously I am considering this, once I have the wedding out the way, my cash is freed up im on this.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 11:32 pm

There are concisered a classic in Japan, more so than over here. For a clean one I'd say it will be expensive
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 11:54 pm

£2600 dave to buy the one in the link above then cost's on top to import.. :-)

Even if the import cost's were like £3k alone It would still be worth it as a 240/60Z in the uk goes standard for around 6-7K plus and thats a half mint ones, the rest are rusty boxes of shite..
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 12:17 am

then bring it to the uk and let the shit weather, crap roads fuk it up Sad
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 12:19 am

I dont care Tesh I want it!!
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 6:19 am

I hear its a bad/expensive time to import cars right now
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 6:23 am

now yes, hopefully not when jays lookin to do it!
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 6:27 am

well weddings in June, I have from June till Jan 2011 ish to make around 5-6k from work. Ill be checking the market then but wanted to find out roughly how much it cost's..
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 6:30 am

I might be going over there end of this year, if/when i do il let u know and me and my mate will keep an eye out, I could even bring it home for you if you wanted or it worked out financially to do so.

Iv heard stories of cars being brought over having parts poached off them etc when in transit

Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 6:34 am

Ive heard the same stories too mate cant remember where, but im looking to find a management agent a really trusted one, Benkie mentioned his import co's. Ill get a heads up from them first, they look ok and read some revies on other forums so far very good.

Defo Ezz If you get chance to get over to RockyAuto its worth going.

So when you thinking of going to Japan??
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 6:56 am

cool, no worries, next winter probs

hold off till then if u can and i could have a look around for you, what kind of thing u after?
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 7:01 am

Back to top Go down
mQt

mQt

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyMon 28 Feb 2011, 12:38 pm

Dunno if any one has seen this but have a look again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ptzKKcLpA&feature=player_embedded#at=22

$300 for a rx7? 30mins into the vid!

and then 48mins into it a garage called up garage that sells 2nd hand parts only and they have some nice stuff there!

makes u wanna be abit closer to japan!
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyMon 28 Feb 2011, 1:52 pm

nice find dude!
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyMon 28 Feb 2011, 6:59 pm

Yeah I got my sums wrong its 26K not 2,600 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Its fair to say the Rocky Auto make some beautiful cars, none of which I will ever be able to afford. Sad
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? EmptyMon 28 Feb 2011, 9:54 pm

lol, what did i say! they are rare over there let alone over here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Importing a car from Japan?   Importing a car from Japan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Importing a car from Japan?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next