Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop

Go down 
+2
benkei
VTEC_Andy83
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VTEC_Andy83

VTEC_Andy83

My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop Empty
PostSubject: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 6:14 am

Right i have some pics of my other halfs supra which is still a work in progress, but it is on course to be finished for the impending summer.

Started life out as a 3ltr non turbo aerotop fresh import from japan. drove it around for a while and a frind of ours (who passed away at 28) owned a twin turbo manual (aerotops are usually auto) so she was hooked. Looked around loads of scrapies and websites and she found a 3ltr TT Auto VVTi, we went down and had a look at it, they said it drove in and it was there due to some logbook cock up it had to be scrapped. we asked about the engine, and running gear to be swapped into her car, the engine alone cost £1000, and i cant remeber the rest.

The engine is in and running fine, intercooler is bolted on as well as the gearbox and propshaft. She also bought the wheels for it and the kit, which is a JDL Tuning wide arch kit, itll look good when its finished and i cant wait to drive it again, im hooked on rear wheel drive. And of course, supras are just sexy bitches, lol

My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop 5300_110
My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop 12942510

the engine
My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop 12953810

The wheels
5ZIGEN 5ZR's 19"
My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop 5300_111
My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop Zzz_bm10

How the car stands at the moment
My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop 16535_10
My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop Sup_bm10
My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop 9234_110

And what the kit will look like properly
My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop Zzzzz_10
My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop Zzzzzz10

And of course it wont be finished until the TOA Decals are put in place, lol Watch this space!!

Last edited by VTEC_Andy83 on Fri 08 Apr 2011, 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 6:18 am

I'm loving this! Lot's of sikness involved!

Will be watching this space with eagerness! Wink
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 6:20 am

Looks very clean and well looked after! Are you dropping a 2JZ in there or turbo'ing the current engine?? The kit and wheels arent quite the direction i'd go with a Supra but should hopefully still look sweet! Very Happy Whats the width of the new wheels? Look pretty wide!
Back to top Go down
VTEC_Andy83

VTEC_Andy83

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 6:27 am

the engine is a 2jz gte VVTi The engines they put in the last of the supras before they stopped them, it came out of a 1999 spec. the wheels are 9.5" on the front and 10" on the back. the colour of the car is still a mystery but i think she is going for Honda pirates black (black/purple) found on the MB6 Range. The kit is a subtle wide arch kit, as she was thinking of getting the chargespeed kit until she realised how much it was lol. If your wondering what exhaust shes got, its a blitz nur spec, and yes it set car alarms off hehe
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 6:36 am

Looks nice, 2jz ftw
Back to top Go down
VTEC_Andy83

VTEC_Andy83

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 6:38 am

it was nice to drive as a non turbo so i cant wait to drive it now its a twin, should be fun. remeber when i broke the limiter on it, it wouldnt go past 120, then i stuck my hks filter on it and got it up to 160, now that was fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 7:18 am

Purple looks AMAZING on Supras. Check out the RSP pearl, genuine Toyota colour and looks shit hot!

My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop RSP%20supra
My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop RSP1
My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop 31212390001_large

Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 7:22 am

Oh, BTW. All aero-tops were autos, except in America... Which makes no sense as most American cars are autos!!
All RHD aero-top manuals were conversions Smile

Are you swapping the engine yourselves? Most manual conversions cost a few grand! Most people sell the autos and buy a manual to save on time and money. Will make a good project though, and you'll have the accomplishment of doing it all yourself Smile

What power are you planning to run? BPU?
Back to top Go down
VTEC_Andy83

VTEC_Andy83

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 7:34 am

erm.. engine is already in and running. keeping it auto as my missus had an accident which fucked her hip and ankle up and she cant use a clutch. power... somthing like 700 i think, the vvti can take alot so i think we gonna get the most out of it
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 8:21 am

The engine can take 700bhp, but I don't think the gear box will. What box are you using?
Back to top Go down
VTEC_Andy83

VTEC_Andy83

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 9:49 am

havent thought of that yet but a supra on youtube runs an insanly quick car on an auto box.
its a white one and it drags at night
Back to top Go down
VTEC_Andy83

VTEC_Andy83

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 10:06 am

Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 9:10 pm

apparently auto is beter for drag in alot of cases.

your gf is ballin! 1k for that engine isnt bad btw
Back to top Go down
cubed

cubed

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 12:03 am

Nice. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.freshandminty.com
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 3:37 am

That's be an uprated autobox. I'm not as knowledgable on the autoboxes as I wanted a manual anyway, but everyone going single on a standard autobox destroys it lol.

Auto is EASIER for dragging as all you have to do is plant your foot, I wouldn't say it was 'better' as such.

Are you having it as twins for now then going single later on?
Back to top Go down
VTEC_Andy83

VTEC_Andy83

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 4:54 am

uprated twins are on the cards later on, but at the moment its all about getting it on the road for the summer
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop EmptySun 10 Apr 2011, 2:11 am

You won't see 700bhp from twins. 500bhp max. Anytihng over this you're looking at a big single conversion...

Mine is about 450bhp, and for the moment that's plenty of power! Should keep a huge grin on your face for a long time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop   My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop Empty

Back to top Go down

My Fiancee's Supra Aerotop
Page 1 of 1