Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jdm White ep project

Go down 
+2
ezza
Dave_t
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave_t

Dave_t

Jdm White ep project Empty
PostSubject: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptyFri 15 Jun 2007, 10:38 pm

Well ive finally decided that im not going to go down the road of doing a b series conversion on my ek....... Embarassed

Im going to sell it, and start on a new project ive been wanting to do for a while cheers

as you all know, the uk ep type r doesnt come in white, neither does a type s/sport......but what does come in white, is what the type s/sport is based on. A 1.6 se vtec.
It has a d16 with 110bhp which is slightly less bhp than my lsi's 112bhp, and it limmits at 6,800ish rather than my lsi's 7,200ish so its not gonna be exactly faster than what i already have, but that will come in the future Cool

Being its the se model, exterior wise its a totally blank canvas for moding potential

My plans are :

Type r bodykit and spoiler
type r grille
Drag dr20's
dc2 black recaro seats, (which actually match the rear half leather/half suade seats on the se,so it will look oem)
Takata Harness's
Tein coilovers
spoon n1 back box
jdm wind deflectors
fit my black momo steering wheel (whith red stitching to match the recaro's)
fit my chamber induction kit with apexi filter
fit my skunk2 gearknob
advan stickers

all the little things count Exclamation

then when i can afford it.........k20 here i come

im finnishing off my ek to get it ready to sell, then i will be on the hunt for a white ep, which wont be easy lol

post any pics of white ep's you have, give me some inspiration
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 2:05 am

Sounds good Cool

only thing i would say is to go for the real deal work equips rather than the drag copy

Jdm White ep project Workequip03

Wouldnt have thought the EP would be slower than a EK LSi, madness, but a k20 will sort that out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 3:58 am

i beat my mates black type s, but his is actually totally standard, and mine has a 4-2-1 manifold,straight through exhaust and cai, so gues if i do similar mods to the ep's d16 it will be ok for the time being, before the k20 tongue
but i want 2 concerntrate on handling mostly at the start.

ye i'd rather the genuine works, but the dr20's are so damn cheap.......$440 delivered, which i worked out to be £225 Shocked
save so much money.........buy a nice set of work centre caps Laughing

heres some pics i found of what it could look like

Jdm White ep project Slammedep

Jdm White ep project Dreamep

Jdm White ep project Wotq1nta1nnm0mtnkzmqzmxfn1-1

Jdm White ep project Slammedep4

Jdm White ep project Whiteep
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 4:08 am

Have you thought about a D turbo?

You can put alot of boost throught those D's with std internals, Jay knows quite alot about boosted sohc's, just a thought, you could easily get way more than a k20 with a boosted D with half the hassle
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 4:18 am

ye i thought about it on my ek, but i havent thought about it for my ep......
its a good option, i'd say it would cost slightly less aswel,than the k20 conversion......
Laughing might be on 2 something here ezz
im beggining to hear bov's in my head
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 4:23 am

haha, Well cheaper too, what jay was gunna do which is a really good idea; Boost the D thats in ur car now at about 7-8 psi then buy another D (there cheap as chips) to build while its out the car, then when finished put the built D in (no fuking around with a D to D swap) which you will be able to get like 300whp+ Idea
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 4:32 am

you have actually got me thinking seriously about this ezz.
i am on ebay.com as we speak pricing up kit Laughing
would rather get the kit - minus the turbo, because it wont be a good spec unit will it that they would give you
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 4:38 am

Nah, the turbo's arent greddy quality or anything but a turbo is a turbo, i have a ebay t3/4 turbo to go on mine just to get it boosted then as/when things fail i will replace them for real deal parts.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 4:48 am

ye i suppose thats a good idea.
this kit looks pretty ok, but its for an older eg or ek, only thing i'd worry about is the exhaust turbo back would not line up with the centre section, but i suppose i could get it made up. also the boost pipes are bent n shaped for the eg-ek so it might line the intercooler up at a weird offset, but this i suppose again could be modified

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWISTED-RAM-HONDA-CIVIC-CRX-SOHC-TURBO-KIT-D15-D16-SOHC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ019QQitemZ290127775254QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 4:52 am

tbh an exhaust place wouls be able to make u up a downpipe for cheap, its only 1 pipe remember unlike a n/a manifold.

as for the ic piping just give it a trail fit and make some minor adjustments if needed, id say it wouldnt be that far off, the intake mani is in roughly the same place and the only major difference will be because the eg has a longer front, so some pipes may need shortening.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 4:59 am

another thing is the intake manifold on the se is like the ek 1.4, and coupe 1.6. its up-draft.
This just means the piping will need modifying, but maybe it would be a good chance to change the intake manifold to another d-series variant. to one which gives the best power, ive seen the skunk2 inlets, but never heard of what they are like in use.

How long do you reckon (with all the kit in hand) would it take to fit and get running
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 5:03 am

Yeah id change up for a better i/m.

As for fitting iv never fitted one so i wouldnt know but i cant see it taking long atall, as long as everything is there for the oil lines etc.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 5:16 am

ye, by looks and sounds of it, it should be a straight forward process, when you have all the bits.
as for uprating the internals, it seems pretty cheap aswel. uprated low comp Pistons Rods and Gasket is $655 delivered, which is £332

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D16-Civic-CRX-Si-Turbo-Engine-Kit-Pistons-Rods-Gasket_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33623QQihZ008QQitemZ180128886241QQrdZ1

so the turbo kit i posted up will cost around £500, then add £332 for internals.....it looks pretty cheap.

boost,here i come
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 5:46 am

yeah man, making me want my car back so i can start getting my engine in ready for boost Cool
Back to top Go down
srf

srf

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 5:50 am

ezza wrote:
haha, Well cheaper too, what jay was gunna do which is a really good idea; Boost the D thats in ur car now at about 7-8 psi then buy another D (there cheap as chips) to build while its out the car, then when finished put the built D in (no fuking around with a D to D swap) which you will be able to get like 300whp+ Idea

exactly what im doing.....

ive already been through one D16, a week later i had another D16 in and running, cost me £100 for another engine and misc parts..

and currently building one with the aim of 400whp in mind Twisted Evil

cheep & easy way too get boosted imo
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 5:57 am

im 99% sure im turboing the d16 wen ive got the ep, just hav 2 sell mine now, few lil things i need 2 do b4 sale so it will be a few weeks before its sold.

just watched a few vids on youtube, and its pretty much sold me on the idea of d-series turbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8t0tud1Qh8

srf, so u hav a d-series turbo already????
Back to top Go down
srf

srf

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 6:09 am

not at the mo, ive just changed from a d15b2 to a d16z6 which ended up being fucked so im on my 2nd z6 which is in the car, planning on running with a small turbo, whilst building a big whp z6
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 6:11 am

cant wait to see this Cool
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 6:11 am

Im pricing up H22 turbo mani's as we speak/type

love fab ftw! http://www.lovefab.com/06/index.php?page=subCategoryListing&primary_id=26
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 6:16 am

Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 6:27 am

ye, cool.

i actually dont wanna even drive my ek now......that is how much i want my ep, and get started on turboing that bitch of a d16.

think im not even going to kit it 1st, straight on the engine mods
Back to top Go down
srf

srf

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 6:28 am

ezza wrote:
Im pricing up H22 turbo mani's as we speak/type

standard HF mani for turboing D's owns cheep ass's...like me king thats a full iron cast turbo mani for £20 not bad, too bad it looks gay though Neutral
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptySat 16 Jun 2007, 6:41 am

damn you Razz , imma get burned in the wallet for mine Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
aaron_d

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptyMon 18 Jun 2007, 12:09 pm

Everyone's gone mad on the boost idea haha! mite jus boost my D15 now... for how cheap kits are n that, as ez sed the turbo aint gna be no greddy shiz but can't complain really.. + you'd think u'd see more boost around Razz
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project EmptyMon 18 Jun 2007, 11:17 pm

ive been doing loadz of homework, and i think ive decided that im buying a kit i found on ebay for the d17 coupe (exactly the same as the ep's 16 really) minus the turbo and manifold. that is $550 should be easier to make fit than a kit made for the ek

a nice shiney obx manifold Very Happy $170

and a 2nd hand turbo from the uk ( possibly from a 200sx. not sure yet,need to do more homework.

uprated internals are 330 quid delivered.

so its still looking good, well cheap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jdm White ep project   Jdm White ep project Empty

Back to top Go down

Jdm White ep project
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next