Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

westmidscivic ej9 build

Go down 
+5
markyboi
ezza
griffo20022
WhittyBoi
westmidscivic
9 posters
AuthorMessage
westmidscivic

westmidscivic

westmidscivic ej9 build Empty
PostSubject: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 10:22 pm

well hello, i just joined as i saw this site on civic life and pretty new to all this and thought you might wona see me new project that im gona start for 2011

so here it is, its a 2000 ej9

westmidscivic ej9 build 072

westmidscivic ej9 build 068

westmidscivic ej9 build 075

westmidscivic ej9 build 080

thats it so far really, but plans are to get some coilovers next and sort some wheels out so it aint looking so boring

thanks for looking and all comments welcome
Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 1:08 am

looks like a good base fella, check out dave t's build on here. you get it looking anywhere near as fresh as his and your onto a winner. look forward to seeing the progress buddy

welcome!
Back to top Go down
griffo20022

griffo20022

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:19 am

WhittyBoi wrote:
looks like a good base fella, check out dave t's build on here. you get it looking anywhere near as fresh as his and your onto a winner. look forward to seeing the progress buddy

welcome!

Pretty much exactly what Whittyboi said. Looks a very good clean base to start with Very Happy Sounds like your heading in the right direction with it too Smile
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 7:29 am

x3 on a good clean base
Back to top Go down
markyboi
Sucio Bastardo Perezoso Español
markyboi

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 12:34 am

saw you round merry hill a few days ago, looks clean!

DROP IT! lol
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 1:07 am

Slammed on some coilovers and fresh rims that would look hot..

Coilovers - New id go with somthing like Meister R's (see dave_t's build) or D2's (both around £400-£600)- or second hand use the Forums like HCF or Civiclife plenty floating around Ebay as well, or if ur on a budget ebay one's (£50) easy to fit simply slide over your existing shock- (not the best ride ut we have all used them if you are going down this route uprate the shocks and ull be ok, hard ride tho)

Wheels - 4x100, id recommend nothing bigger than 16's but prefer 15's try ebay, pistonheads or my fav - wheel whores - www.wheel-whores.com - Speak to ezza on here too as he always comes across rare JDM rims..

Induction - Ebay's ur best bet for an induction pipe and filter or ask around on the forums.

Exhaust - forums again civiclife , pistonheads in the parts section - www.pistonheads.com or you could get the Scaff bar spec 2 (speak to ezza again)

Lip, Grill - I got mine from Audio2u off ebay and www.funkypower.com / type r lip - funky power lip (again best off asking on the forums see if any ones got any second hand)

So to recap.

Slam that bitch, strap some sick 15 inch rims with a lip n grill and some grunt from the rear and you will have one sick puppy!!!

I hope that helped..

Personally if it was me id rip that Pants 1.4 out and slam in either a B16a2 or if I had the moneis a B18c (about £1k + from a Integra) or B18C4 (£500 ish from a 5 door 1.8vti MB6 or aerodeck civic) - before you ask you will need to buy -

* DOHC Engine & gearbox OBD2 (a i think) - Is it a2 the obd?? im not sure..
* B series drive shafts
* Vtec loom
* P28/30 ecu
* obd2 facelift ek4/ek9 engine loom or a vtec loom and wire in Vtec via a OBD2a to OBD1 conversion harness.
* EK4 rear mount
* B series mounts

^^ If I have missed anything on that please some one correct me??

but yeah that would be my plan for a facelifted VSM Civic.. !! Good luck with your build..
Back to top Go down
westmidscivic

westmidscivic

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 4:22 am

cheers for the heads up buddy, you have giving me some ideas lol,

im gona get some meister r coilovers and not sure on wheels yet, just dont want the same wheels as everyone is rocking i wona make it stand out from the crowd

as for the engine i already have a b16a out my old eg thats only covered 50,000 miles so its still fresh, i pulled it out an sir del sol about 6 months ago, just need to get a wiring loom sorted and conversion harness, as i already got hasport engine mounts not sure if the gear linkage is the same tho gota look into that abit more, oh yeah i need to uprate the brakes first as the 1.4 brakes just aint cutting it lol,

how do you get TOA car stickers as i gota get some baller points
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 4:30 am

Just make sure you dont buy ROTA's !!! rota sucks!!

>Ned please insert generic issues with rota here<

TOA stickers speak to Ned and yeah get that slammed on sick rims and the baller points will rise quickly!!

Is your B16 an a1? if so you will need to convert to OBD2a few changes on the plugs on the engine i think?? Breaks see below & hes local too

http://www.civiclife.net/board/index.php?/topic/88131-complete-vti-hub-swap-inc-abs/
Back to top Go down
westmidscivic

westmidscivic

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 4:39 am

no way rotas wlll not come close to my civic

all i now is its a b16a import engine so hopefully i can get a ek4 or ek9 2000 reg wiring loom and from what i have found out so far it should be a straight swap over with the conversion harness, fingers crossed, cheers for advice buddy
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 4:42 am

westmidscivic wrote:

Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 4:46 am

westmidscivic wrote:

all i now is its a b16a import engine so hopefully i can get a ek4 or ek9 2000 reg wiring loom and from what i have found out so far it should be a straight swap over with the conversion harness, fingers crossed, cheers for advice buddy

EK4 loom ftw, breakers yards, breaking threads on CL and ebay, also have you tried http://www.hondacivicforum.co.uk/

Would an EM1 loom work also??
Back to top Go down
westmidscivic

westmidscivic

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 4:53 am

yeah an em1 loom will work as long as its a 2000 reg as they changed it from the 99 reg, dont know why but didnt now about the hondacivic forum, already a member of civiclife, gona get the coilovers and wheels sorted first aswell as the brakes so it gives me plenty of time to soucre all the parts for the engine so i can just wack it in all in one day hopefully
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 5:01 am

Im doing the same mate.

Engine (and all parts to whack into a EK) Breaks zust etc.. so know how difficult that is..
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 11:30 pm

good plans. clean and simple bodywork and you cant go wrong.

as for wheels, mine might be up for-sale bounce

westmidscivic ej9 build DSC_0268

westmidscivic ej9 build DSC_0250

westmidscivic ej9 build 58408_464407024399_609644399_6397520_1137862_n

westmidscivic ej9 build Ek1

westmidscivic ej9 build Schmidt

westmidscivic ej9 build Ek2

westmidscivic ej9 build Ek6

perfect ek fitment, no spacers needed Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptySun 02 Jan 2011, 3:50 am

Drooooooollll !!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptySun 02 Jan 2011, 11:19 am

sweet dude be nice to see what you do with it.
Back to top Go down
westmidscivic

westmidscivic

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build EmptyMon 03 Jan 2011, 10:54 pm

dave_t as much as i would love to have those wheels that is not the look i want for my civic, and where i live with country roads galore they would get ruined
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: westmidscivic ej9 build   westmidscivic ej9 build Empty

Back to top Go down

westmidscivic ej9 build
Page 1 of 1