Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greddy turbo for my civic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave_t

Dave_t

Greddy turbo for my civic Empty
PostSubject: Greddy turbo for my civic   Greddy turbo for my civic EmptyTue 14 Aug 2007, 12:05 am

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280141505655&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=018

im bidding on that greddy turbo for my ep2 (for when i get it) and im wanting to go and see it, ive never bought a turbo before and im wondering what i should be checking on it. i know if its worn there is play in the shaft, but is there anything else likely to be wrong with it?
it says its never been run in but i dont want to buy a turbo n find its fucked lol

also, how much do you think its worth?? and is it good enought to run good bhp? i will have uprated internals btw
the greddy turbo kit listed on funkypower for 1600 quid has basically the same stuff as whats listed on that ebay auction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
srf

srf

PostSubject: Re: Greddy turbo for my civic   Greddy turbo for my civic EmptyTue 14 Aug 2007, 5:45 am

just check for lateral and horizental play in the shaft, if it hasnt been run at all then should have none..

if its the 15g kit then it should get you around 190ish whp at around 9-10psi, you can run around 220-225ish whp on standard internals... so run higher psi if the turbo can take it

id buy it and go for a bigger turbo
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Greddy turbo for my civic   Greddy turbo for my civic EmptyTue 14 Aug 2007, 7:46 am

ye sweet. im defo doing the internals. low comp pistons, uprated con rods, turbo spec cam. bigger injectors, and im not sure wat management to use yet. that turbo should be ok for abit, small so it will spool up quicker, good for street use but eventually get a bigger turbo for extra power. how much do you reckon i should go to on that auction? the manifold is worth a fair bit on its own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
srf

srf

PostSubject: Re: Greddy turbo for my civic   Greddy turbo for my civic EmptyWed 15 Aug 2007, 2:36 am

ur gonna need bigger injectors with any size turbo.. if your planning all that u may aswell go for a cheap ebay turbo, like a t3/t4, which will suit the internals and when that pops just put the 15g turbo back on

and tune with stand alone management (crome hondata etc) i can tune it for u on crome if u want Smile
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Greddy turbo for my civic   Greddy turbo for my civic EmptyWed 15 Aug 2007, 2:59 am

that Greddy downpipe is mad. kit looks ok, even comes with sump ready.

btw crome ftw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greddy turbo for my civic   Greddy turbo for my civic Empty

Back to top Go down

Greddy turbo for my civic
Page 1 of 1