Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm no longer afraid

Go down 
+14
Lee_EP82
mart609
benkei
tesh
lance
Spence
VTEC_Andy83
Dave_t
EM1_Yo
Ned
ezza
Stokes
cus
pallett
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
pallett

I'm no longer afraid Empty
PostSubject: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 7:02 am

Im speaking out, I'm breaking the mould, I'm expressing myself
I LOVE ROTAS
Funk real wheels, copies are for winners, I'm glad I've got slipstreams and not regamasters.
All you guys know deep down you feel the same, you all love their cheap unoriginal goodness!

Lol
I <3 my weds
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 7:17 am

pallet im may warn that you might get deleted off here with a comment like that hahaha only joking dude

may i ask why you come off with such a comment when you know how everybody feels on here already?
Back to top Go down
Stokes

Stokes

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 7:20 am

Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112989599
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 7:29 am

I feel there's too much hate on rotas around here. I think I am going to start hatred towards; mesh, dish, rare, low offset, jdm wheels.
This thread is based on the newbie kid who posted up with his ROTAS and gets flamed, makes the forum seem a bit arsey and snobby and unapproachable to new members who may not realise it's more lighthearted banter but I know if I was fresh to the forum I'd be thinking well what a bunch of cunts round here won't bother then.
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 7:47 am

we're different from pretty much the rest of the forums, TOA is about slammed, clean & track looking, low offset, meshed different lookin ish.

there are other forums what support rota's but its just the same old stuff, if you've seen them once you've seen them a thousand times, i cant see the point in buying copy wheels when you can buy genuine one's for the same price and be the same as everyone else.

before we started these big meets and getting more intrest TOA wasnt really heard about but for the little forum that we were we repped hard and it was simply down to we were different.

if people want to rock rota's then thats cool but its not somethin TOA is about and never has been.

i could say hole load more stuff on this subject but i really cba atm loooool btw if this doesnt make sense im sorry im just HELLA tired.
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 7:51 am

I blame ned, haha

I completely agree if your going to be going for track use etc but if your going for a less functional show style, imo there is no excuse, especially on honda's, 4x100 and never usually bigger than 15"!

If your gunno go for a jog, you can wear any cheapo trainers, nobody cares and it doesnt matter, your just going for a run.

wear the same shoes on a night out and you'l look a right berk.
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 7:55 am

I know what your about dude, and I ain't hating on that! If you can show me where you can get te37s or rega's for same price as grids or slips I need some links for that ish cause that's money waiting to be made haha!
All I'm trying to say is once you have been here a while you begin to understand what people are about and what the club reps etc, but to a newbie who is obviously proud of his car, which doesnt even look bad just it's on ROTAS for the first post to be a tactical face palm must leave you feeling a bit wounded and confused, just seems a bit harsh in my eyes!
I know deep down in real life everyones cool from here and easy to get on with and chat too and ill rock ROTAS to meets in the future regardless of the banter!
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 8:01 am

Fair enough, and i have to agree, i know id be pissed/upset if i posted my pride and joy and got a full frontal flaming.

but i suppose its essential that people realise it is exactly that, banter. Nothing more, its up to the owner to do whatever the hell he/she wants with the car, people should be able to share there opinions whatever they are but admittedly it might be better in a more subtle, constructive way

either way, its the internet :p
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 8:07 am

I will bring my keyboard to the next meet, and smash up all Yo skulls!
I'm going to put all ten TOA stickers from my room onto my ROTAS and post everywhere saying TOA love ROTAS hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 8:09 am

noooooooooooooooo!

haha
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 8:22 am

really? all this cause I posted the face palm? They are god damn copies for sick rims. Why don't you just say "hey I didn't like what Ned put there!"
Personally I hate Rota rims if people try and show them off. If we welcome people like that we might aswell call TOA civiclife.
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 8:38 am

I'm not even trying to hate here, my original post was Tongue in cheek and it's just banter! I just enjoy causing a bit of beef to be honest
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 8:50 am

they come they go, this is going to sound harsh but if there cars average they usually leave and dont come back but some see the light and become one of the team Razz
Back to top Go down
EM1_Yo

EM1_Yo

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 8:53 am

We may be harsh but sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind. I love this forum for that reason. It's the only forum I go on because it's focused on a style an approach to car modding that isn't for everyone and gets alot of people angry.

TOA should stand it's ground on this. Thing is you post a pic of a slammed EK on deep dished BBS's with stretched tyres, neg camber on it's arse you'll get loads of people flaming you for the fact your car is more form than function. Well F*CK EM I say. I rolled my arches with a baseball bat Laughing
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 9:00 am

Who would people say, honestly, actually has good fitment from this site?
Back to top Go down
EM1_Yo

EM1_Yo

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 9:03 am

True but it's most people's goal to achieve that perfect fit Wink

I WILL be there soon I hope
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 9:08 am

there are different type's of fitment sunk, flush an poke, everyone of the main people in here has had one or the other of those at some point, if not now then will be as it what we do SON!
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 9:14 am

there are other forums they can go on if they wanna be 'proud' of there rota's but TOA isnt the place.

for a brand new set of rota's you can pick up a clean set of genuine wheels second hand, we all know this, just got to look around.

track use, they are usually light so are somewhat ok for that, and in particular drifting where your likely to get them farked up

But is anyone going to get respect on here from rocking rota's? definitely the opposite.

if someone signs up and they have rota's, were going to tell them what time it is!!!

TOA isnt about that shit, why give them false pretenses by saying "nice car" when we know its on a set of replica wheels?

its a case of "nice car, shame about the wheels" thats just how it s. deep down YOU know thats the way you feel too haha

the reason is, there is no excuse for it, the real deal are out there, if you look around hard enough. for every set of rota's rocked, there are a a rays/volk/weds/advan workers family going without food tonight. do you want that to be on your head? do you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 9:23 am

lol^ using a guilt trip, nice angle.

thats another good point though, any chump can go buy rota's in whatever fitment but it takes a little more to find/make a set of genuine wheels, thus making the car rarer and more desirable, if 'fitment' or 'stance' or whatever its being called today is your goal surely the icing on the cake would be the wheels.

If rota made there own designs id be more inclined to agree but the fact is they BLATENTLY copy wheels, no messing around.
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 9:26 am

ive not got super made tyte fitment. not rolling on rota's though Smile
Back to top Go down
VTEC_Andy83

VTEC_Andy83

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 10:12 am

i agree with the rota situation, everyone knows that they are just cheap knock offs, something del boy would deal in. tbh i was going to rock the work equip/ rota version wheels, but seeing the tests they do on wheels between real and fake, id rather be out of pocket than seriously hurt due to wheel failure. would anyone buy TEIN coilover knock offs? or brembo brakes copies? the ones from thailand lol
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 10:15 am

Loads of people on here recommend eBay coilover sleeves, they're cheap and blow your shocks for the sake of a cheap quick fix.
Back to top Go down
Spence

Spence

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 10:23 am

To be fair I hate fake wheels as dave said for the price of rotas there are a decent set of used jdm goodness out ther waiting for a quick rubdown an spray. But I beleive people think brand new fresh paint never used vs used abused curbed needs paint effort time.
People are lazy and civiclife fanboys....

But paletts my boy so I will happily let him rock rotas an not take the piss! As 4x100 wheels go they do the job.

They are blatant copy's of sick wheels tho. Enough to make me sick.

I'd happily rock some as track shoes to wreck an destroy!
Back to top Go down
Spence

Spence

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 10:24 am

An yeh pallet that's true but you know me man only real deal shit my end!
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 10:27 am

i think the whole 'unsafe' thing about rota's have passed. that was the early days of rep wheels.

your argument will now be, "if you want your car to handle good, then spend the money on suspension, not cheap ebay springs, and buy rota's with the little money left over"

my answer is - yeah spend the money on good suspension, and save that little money left over, for getting good wheels too.
rock steels, rock whatever is on there for now, and save. our cars are a work in progress, no ones car is ever really finished, so why skimp out? a quick fix?

false economy.

basically, if i bought an expensive set of wheels, and just wanted to be slammed i'd rock the shit out of ebay sleeves.

if i bought an expensive set of wheels, and i wanted it to handle sick too, i'd just save that bit longer and get sick suspension too.

whats the rush?

i fail to see the need to buy rota's
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm no longer afraid
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next