Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm no longer afraid

Go down 
+14
Lee_EP82
mart609
benkei
tesh
lance
Spence
VTEC_Andy83
Dave_t
EM1_Yo
Ned
ezza
Stokes
cus
pallett
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Spence

Spence

I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 10:28 am

Lol you should know it's more about the lOok for most here Pallett you can't see blew or shit shocks on a carpark. Just low and slam dumped to funk.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 10:39 am

if its a daily and you dont give a fark about handling, rock the ebays and a sick set of wheels

if its a car you want to handle well, rock a sick set of wheels AND a sick set of suspension.

all it means is you spend longer saving for it.

if your serious about building a sick car, why skimp out?

you can have the both!

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 10:41 am

Dude, I just enjoy the tension and bringing about a good old debate. Livens up an other wise boring thursday night for everyone! My ROTAS are my track wheels and weds for daily/shows/meets whatever where my ROTAS I know if one gets fucked on track or something it's piece of piss to replace.
Back to top Go down
lance

lance

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 12:41 pm

am gonna delete my account now Sad ive got rota's on =[
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 7:58 pm

There are places in the world you can only wear a certain clour clothing, if you step into another area with the wrong colour you will get shot up, stabbed up same concept here step into TOA with rota's you will get verberly shot up
Back to top Go down
Stokes

Stokes

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 9:18 pm

tesh wrote:
There are places in the world you can only wear a certain clour clothing, if you step into another area with the wrong colour you will get shot up, stabbed up same concept here step into TOA with rota's you will get verberly shot up

Haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112989599
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 11:20 pm

tesh wrote:

Tesh your a legend pirat
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 5:39 am

I would definately NOT recommend Rotas and other cheap wheels for track use or drifting.

They quality is NOT there to withstand the abuse that quality wheels have been designed to. There was a thread on the Supra regarding track use of wheels, and the cheap copy wheels got destroyed! Litterlly the spokes all smashed and f00ked the cars up big time, where as the Volks and Enkeis etc got dents and cracks after similar punishment. High quality forged and cast wheels are not invincible, but they can take one hell of a beating, and when they get damaged it's in a way that won't fark anything up, that's why you pay higher prices for them.

If you're going to USE your car, then pay up on high quality suspension, brakes and wheels. If you're on a budget and just want to roll on some Rotas 'cause you think they look good, are easily obtainable and affordable, then do it.

It's your own car, if you want it, do it. End of. Isn't that what the car modifying scene is all about? Yeh, most people here don't like Rotas. So what? Don't use them. Just don't go slating the people who do.

And WTF is this gang territory shit you're coming out with Tesh?! lmao! You crack me up man!

But seriously, why hate?

And the argument about Ebay sleeves... Why pay for shit when you can buy second hand suspension set ups relatively cheap? You know the Ebays wont last, and they may be an 'easy fix' to get it slammed, but why? So you can 'fit in' with the TOA club?

I blatantly point blank refused to use Ebays, I rocked Rotas on my EK, and I'm still here. No one slated me, and even if they did, ask me if I give a shit. That car's gone now and I have a new one, with real high quality parts. Does that make me a better person? No, of course not. I'm still the ame guy, just experiencing new tihngs.

Tastes and styles change. Just get on with discovering what you want from a car. Make mistakes, buy Rotas, sell them, buy other parts, do what makes you happy. Every car is a work in progress, just discover and express yourself through your car.

There's some good points made in this thread, and you all are a good bunch of lads, but fark, for n00bs comming on here for the first time and getting such abuse for some fucking wheels.. Shit. Grow up. If anything, give them guidence, not abuse.
Back to top Go down
mart609

mart609

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 5:53 am

well said ben
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 6:58 am

we're all here, shits gettin heated, being all serious and shit then tesh comes along and totaly changes up the vibe, make me laugh!

if by buying rota's is to express yourself then my god.......

TOA AND SOME OF THE PEOPLE DONT AGREE WITH ROTA'S AND NEVER HAVE DONE AND NEVER WILL DO, THIS IS THEY WAY WE ARE, IF PEOPLE THAT DONT AGREE SIGN UP THEN TOA ISNT THE SITE FOR YOU, SIMPLES. ( kanye shrug)
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 7:05 am

Brush your shoulders off, I love how a set of rims causes so much controversy
Back to top Go down
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 7:12 am

I might be joining you in the rota crew if i buy this other GT Smile

For now im rocking no names like skitty.
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 7:13 am

Don't push me, cause I'm close to the edge! I'm tryin not to lose my head!

I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 D5dc5e58
Back to top Go down
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 7:21 am

I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 Knock-offs
Back to top Go down
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 7:22 am

They actually look the same as my lil blue bastards lol
Back to top Go down
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 7:30 am

I dare you to drive your rota shit streams on track this year

I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 24dmy5c
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 7:32 am

Can't be any worse than your starshit blowing parts off all over the place last time
Back to top Go down
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 7:42 am

HAHA ive been thinking for 8 months now and i think the intercooler pipe that blew off over the gearbox hit the fan which broke and melted it.

Now i have stiffer engine mounts the screamer pipe shudnt hit the chassis and pop off on track lol.

Anyway back to the Rota argument i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Rota advan replicas ftw!
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 7:42 am

Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 10:57 am

ezza wrote:

If your gunno go for a jog, you can wear any cheapo trainers, nobody cares and it doesnt matter, your just going for a run.

wear the same shoes on a night out and you'l look a right berk.

nuff said!!
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Mar 2011, 9:44 am

tbf i dont think TOA as a collective condone ebay coilovers, just me, lol
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 12:02 am

tesh wrote:
ezza wrote:

If your gunno go for a jog, you can wear any cheapo trainers, nobody cares and it doesnt matter, your just going for a run.

nuff said!!

Quite the opposite actually, you should know this tesh, why do you think they have mats to train on in your dojo and not concrete? If you're going for a run then you need to invest in some good trainers designed for running, otherwise you'll fark your ankles and knees up from the constant impact of your feet on the ground. Same as if you're going to a track; you want high quality wheels designed to withstand the abuse.

On a night out you can wear any old shoes, it'll be dark and no one walks around looking at shoes lol. Same as if you're just cruising round the streets, Rotas will do, when they're spinning you can't tell what they are. They're just wheels, no one cares... except most TOA members Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 12:21 am

i think we can end that argument with a comment from Rye, if we could.
he has a pair of smart shoes for every occasion.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 12:32 am

benkei wrote:
tesh wrote:
ezza wrote:

nuff said!!

Quite the opposite actually, you should know this tesh, why do you think they have mats to train on in your dojo and not concrete? If you're going for a run then you need to invest in some good trainers designed for running, otherwise you'll fark your ankles and knees up from the constant impact of your feet on the ground. Same as if you're going to a track; you want high quality wheels designed to withstand the abuse.

On a night out you can wear any old shoes, it'll be dark and no one walks around looking at shoes lol. Same as if you're just cruising round the streets, Rotas will do, when they're spinning you can't tell what they are. They're just wheels, no one cares... except most TOA members Very Happy

After 100,000's of years of evolution our bodies are designed/have evolved to walking/running upright, we dont need nike or any another shoe company to try to imporve evolution with gimmicks, but obviously we wear shoes to protect our feet from the elements, and shoe companys throw novelty ideas (air bubbles etc) at us to make us buy them.

It doesnt matter what wheel you use for track use, they use steel wheels in oval racing! a 'genuine' wheel may stand up to an accident better but if your going to have to replace it anyway why not save money and go for rota's?
Back to top Go down
benkei

benkei

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 2:05 am

ezza wrote:
After 100,000's of years of evolution our bodies are designed/have evolved to walking/running upright, we dont need nike or any another shoe company to try to imporve evolution with gimmicks, but obviously we wear shoes to protect our feet from the elements, and shoe companys throw novelty ideas (air bubbles etc) at us to make us buy them.

It doesnt matter what wheel you use for track use, they use steel wheels in oval racing! a 'genuine' wheel may stand up to an accident better but if your going to have to replace it anyway why not save money and go for rota's?

That's only partly true. We have evolved to walking upright yes, but concrete and paving slabs don't accur naturally. All animals evolved walking on grass and dirt. These grounds provide an element of cushion for walk on, where as pavedment is solid and hard, and does not provide any cushion on our feet or joints. Therefore running shoes try to put that element back in to help reduce the amount of impact on our joint from running. They protect our feet from the elements, but our bodies do that naturally - the skin on the bottom of your feet toughens over time and is more than sufficent to protect you from treading on stones and such.

Steel wheels are solid steel and come on most cars as standard - they're designed for everyday use and not to degrate or fail upon damage or impact. Genuine wheels stand up to impact better than Rotas - true they'll both probably be unusable afterwards, BUT, look at the damage on the previous pictures. If you're doing over a ton on some genuine wheels and hit a rumble strip they may possibly crack or dent - the car is still drivable, but it's not safe to continue, it will need changing ASAP. If you do the same on a Rota for example, and the wheel smashes to pieces, you're pretty much fucked. The wheel is gone, the hub will be damaged, the suspension too, you'll likely lose control of the car and smash it into a wall. Game over.

You can save money and use Rotas, but genuine wheels are a lot cheaper to replace than a whole car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm no longer afraid
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next