Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm no longer afraid

Go down 
+14
Lee_EP82
mart609
benkei
tesh
lance
Spence
VTEC_Andy83
Dave_t
EM1_Yo
Ned
ezza
Stokes
cus
pallett
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ezza

ezza

I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 5:40 am

so you dont need quality shoes for running? just to protect your feet like what i was getting at
imo no rota wheel will break on its own, the ones in the pics are blatently from accidents.

my view:

rota's are OK for track use/abuse (MANY people use them from auto x to pro drifters) but for show there is no excuse (especially in such common fitments)
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 9:04 am

Lol i can see Pallet pissin himself over this topic he started.

If it looks nice and you like it just do it. I think this rota hate business is played out now people just need to get over the fact there is more to life than replicted wheel designs everyone who has commented on this topic has made some fair points indeed.
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 9:37 am

Too true mate, I only started it as a joke thread tbf anyone would think it was a political debate with the two sides arguing trying to emphasise the points they think. Oh well makes for some comical reading while I'm lay up here in hospital.
Back to top Go down
Spence

Spence

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 10:35 am

Lol Pallett..

Oh no you diii'nnnnnnnt.

Put that as your display pic loving it!

Credit where it's due boys I've spent today up Santa pod with a 600 bhp ek an it was running rotas volk copy's, with full drag tyres with next to 0 psi doing 6-8k launches an it didn't show signs of death.

It ran 10.8

The wheels were used for a year or so as g786 slicks on a 600 bhp Eg doing easy 100 passes last year. Shit can't be that bad surely. rims were battered and dented in places but no stress marks or sign of ware. ( they were in the back of my car most of the day so I had a good look) after today I realise rotas will be fine for some track abuse next year.
Back to top Go down
lance

lance

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 10:49 am

i see alot of people on driftworks rock rota's so surely they cant be THAT bad :/
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 11:13 am

If you start a debate expect a debate, some good points brought up though
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 11:25 am

should of just clicked the search button if you wanted a rota debate, enough threads on it haha

still the facts remain - rota's are cheap copys, if your into cheap copys - civiclife is that'a'way! cheers

if your not, welcome to TOA

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011, 5:40 pm

is this thread still going? Jesus wept
Back to top Go down
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 9:07 am

Wooo i now own Rotas with you mr ryan
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 9:10 am

I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 Jesus-wept_-1024x682
Back to top Go down
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 9:26 am

Gonna slap some drag radials on them, see which goes 1st driveshafts or wheels.
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 9:29 am

I rocked rota's once 3 years ago, then thought would I wear fake clothing? No, same reason as piracy, if you like a track; film; clothing design; wheel design then surely you would want to give your money to the people who made the item so they cab continue to do more of te same in the future.

But as said, if you know they are going to get abused, use the cheapest option possible so you can invest in other areas of the car.

The one thing that made me sick is I was trying to sell my old ssr type-x's and no one wanted them, yet I found people going crazy for rota auto x's.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 9:33 am

Stupid.. I mean Genuine > Rota's any day..

Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 9:38 am

really, is this thread really going still?
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 9:48 am

With 325 bhp under my right toe I couldn't give a fark if I was rolling wagon wheels, horse and cart wheels, literally rolling on dried up rock hard dog shit for wheels tbh.
I personally don't like roof racks, what's the point in having one then sticking shitty tat all over it cus I iz so coolz wid ma homebwoizzzzz and I'll get 300 scene points and a sticker from pimpmyride.
All rota is in my eyes is a cheap alternative to buying overpriced half the time not even nice wheels just because they are rare. Rare doesn't always mean nice.
And rofl at the beef, Internet warriors, let the battle commence.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 9:57 am

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo affraid

Ladies ladies.
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 10:00 am

nice dig there
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 10:19 am

pallett wrote:
With 325 bhp under my right toe I couldn't give a fark if I was rolling wagon wheels, horse and cart wheels, literally rolling on dried up rock hard dog shit for wheels tbh.
I personally don't like roof racks, what's the point in having one then sticking shitty tat all over it cus I iz so coolz wid ma homebwoizzzzz and I'll get 300 scene points and a sticker from pimpmyride.
All rota is in my eyes is a cheap alternative to buying overpriced half the time not even nice wheels just because they are rare. Rare doesn't always mean nice.
And rofl at the beef, Internet warriors, let the battle commence.

I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 5152963679_51a3a143af

Homeboi...
Back to top Go down
Stokes

Stokes

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 11:32 am

Hahahahahahahaha.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112989599
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 12:58 pm

Actual LOL

I can't believe you still think it's ok to rock rotas because they are cheaper? They are usually more than a decent set of the real deal. Genuine your shit up, save a little longer - there is no need for them, Track or not. Did your weds cost 3 times as much as the slips? I think not
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 7:25 pm

This threads pretty boring now, big circles really. Ill rock my ROTAS because I like them, not because they are ROTAS I just like the style of the wheel on my car and they happen to be ROTAS. I wouldn't go out and pay 5-600 on a set of desmonds which are exactly the same but double the price but that's just me I'd rather spend money on other areas of my car as I'm not striving to 'stanced' like you guys.
What are your guys opinions on Tegiwa then, as they are basically the same as rota. They sell loads of parts which are blatant cheap copies of high end performance goods, should we all slander anyone who rocks anything Tegiwa as they are killing big companies who make the real deal products that they then remanufacture and put 'style' in the name of ie; j's racing style intake, beaks style tie bars etc?
Back to top Go down
Lee_EP82

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 7:50 pm

I like your style pallett come up mine bring a jack il get stokesy to aswell and can see if the OZ super T's off the black beast can go over the wilwoods on my white beast so i can burn the rotas roflcopter.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Apr 2011, 9:02 pm

i think everyone was bored with the first post.

pallet, why cant your car look good on track? you can have both. the best thing is, it will with the weds. with the slips it will look like it belongs to someone off CL

if you were doing running, you would buy some hi-tec trainers because they LOOK like nike's?
or if you were playing football you would be some fake shit because they LOOK like the real deal?
no - same applies with wheels, and parts for that matter. with such little price difference theres no excuse.

your acting like its you against everyone else, every core member of TOA has pretty much the same view's that you have when it comes to modifying there car's, except for going for the easy/cheap option on wheels/certain parts. when i have bought rota's/replica parts in the past it has never felt the same. buying the real deal for that little bit extra is worth it adl

ADL!

so saying TOA as a whole is all about 'stanced' shit, is ill informed
i'm all about the track look, check my signature

(on a side noted.............stanced.........there is no such thing as 'stanced'. i hate when people say, 'have you seen that stanced civic?' etc. there is no such thing as 'stanced', and i hate when people say this shit on TOA, don't bring that shit on here. how many times have i said it on threads, a car can 'have a good/sick stance, but how can it be' stanced'? not naming any names here but come on) (lets be honest, powelly, stop it)

the look of a car shouldnt be labelled - it is what it is and thats that.

as for tegiwa, i dont agree with the MAJORITY of there line up.
beaks bars, x-braces etc.- all the parts that are blatantly copies that have stickers/stamps of tegiwa, just feel.......for lack of a better word, cheap.

functional parts like engine mounts, k-swap bits, there better than TODA manifolds, and there new LCA's are sick IMO
even those new battery tie downs look sick 2bf, and first for Tegiwa for being of original design bounce (apart from the B Mani - but that was based on a toda, then improved)
thats the way they are heading, original designs
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 12:35 am

If the whole of toa was all about the 'stanced', this thread would have been locked at post #1
Back to top Go down
Loony

Loony

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 9:45 am

This will never end Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm no longer afraid   I'm no longer afraid - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm no longer afraid
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next