Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Ej9 tornado (update)

Go down 
+5
tesh
Powelly
big-al
Aky
Crannoth
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Crannoth

Crannoth

My Ej9 tornado (update) Empty
PostSubject: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyThu 26 May 2011, 8:36 pm

I thought i should probably start a build thread considering that I've already started work on this little project. Ok so as i said in my introduction i bought an Ej9 tornado edition, it had only done 62,000 miles with a fsh, and so far I've had no troubles (touch wood). When i bought it, it looked like this :

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0400

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0399

and to be fair so far very little has changed, this is mainly down to three things:

1. Lack of time, I'm working 6 days a week at the moment
2. This is my daily driver and i do thirty miles a day so its kind of needed to be left alone
3. utter unadulterated laziness Laughing

any way excuses out of the way i now have parts that are being reconditioned to fit as well as some parts I've already chucked on. The other day i fitted a new wing mirror and speedo cowl as the original one was colour coded the same colour as the outside and to be honest was beginning to hurt my eyes Laughing

Today however I've fitted some shiny bits in an attempt to start to tidy up the disgusting engine bay, this is what i fitted and im rather pleased with the results:

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0001

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0002

At this stage i should apologies for the comedy air filter/induction kit, grotty halo lights and off center numberplate these are high on my list of things to sort out and yes its fair to say they're rather embarrassing and are nothing to do with me Embarassed

I also recently acquired these, for an absolute bargain of eBay (this is likely to be a theme in this build as im not exactly flush wit cash) :

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0007

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0005

KW Variant 1

Ok so there not perfect but all they need is new lower collars and for the price i paid I'm happy, lets put it this way i could have bought these three times over for the same price as a pair of racelands.

I also have these alloys to fit, there now all primed and ready for colour, I'm thinking either a matte gunmetal colour or a dark matte bronze with obligatory gold wheel nuts, What do you all think ?

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0411

Any opinions more than welcome, though i can't guarantee I'll necessarily agree Laughing

Last edited by Crannoth on Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aky

Aky

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyThu 26 May 2011, 10:56 pm

Nice start, coilovers and wheels look decent.
Front plate is mahooosive lol
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyThu 26 May 2011, 10:58 pm

and you need to move the airfillter as it will be a waist of time there
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyThu 26 May 2011, 11:03 pm

I have a standard Air box in my garage, coilovers and rims nice start.

Please can you relocate the front number plate to in the middle.
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyThu 26 May 2011, 11:10 pm

Nice wheels! picture heavy?
Back to top Go down
big-al

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyThu 26 May 2011, 11:26 pm

you do need to move you no,plate but if its to big for the middle swop it for this 1

My Ej9 tornado (update) M6-sign-trust1
Back to top Go down
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyFri 27 May 2011, 2:05 am

As said move number plate and also change front headlights to standard ones along with pre facelift rears Smile Good start made, keep it up

p.s - my number plate tilt holder is for sale Wink

Last edited by Sukhy96 on Fri 27 May 2011, 2:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crannoth

Crannoth

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyFri 27 May 2011, 2:05 am

Thanks guys, i agree with everything you've said, I'm already sorting out a DIY tilt bracket to relocate the plate and I'm hoping to get some new headlights soon. The induction kit is being changed for something i plan to make myself, lets put it this way it will be better than anything the last guy did. Progress is gonna be slow but I'm hoping to make it show-able for the July meet. I'm also gonna get rid of the colour coded bump strips i think black looks better especially with the black lips I'm hoping to buy and fit next month/paycheck Laughing
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyFri 27 May 2011, 7:58 am

i cant believe you got kw's for cheap, there sick coilovers an you'll be able to go hell mother fuckin low on them, should look really good.

do me a favour and spray or get new bump strips for it please dont smooth the bumpers over. =)
Back to top Go down
Crannoth

Crannoth

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyFri 27 May 2011, 9:19 pm

Ok guys i decided to stop procrastinating and just get on with fitting my DIY tilt bracket, went down to B&Q bought a 25mm corner bracket, cost me 3.68 so not a massive expense, dug out some bolts and did some drilling. I also drilled the corner bracket because it sat too far out on the original holes. Ignoring the nasty stuff left on the bumper, this is what I've ended up with, I'm rather pleased:

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0014

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0013[center]
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptySat 28 May 2011, 3:56 am

get a JDM sized plate, dont cost alot and will make a HUGE difference
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptySun 29 May 2011, 9:01 am

i know sometimes when moneys tight we try and do things on the cheap but i think for like an extra £9 the tegiwa tilt brackets look LOADS better then a DIY one, i think its sometimes better just to spend that bit extra for a better look.

cant wait to see it slammed though on those wheels.
Back to top Go down
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptySun 29 May 2011, 9:14 am

Could of brought my plate tilt holder for a tenner.
Back to top Go down
Crannoth

Crannoth

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 3:54 am

Ok so after working my ass of running a bar for the last 7 months Ive finalljavascript:emoticonp('Laughing')y been free for the last two weeks which means Ive been able to get on with fitting some of the stuff Ive been buying of Ebay the last few months.

Along the way ive had some big failures though, including buying the wrong headlights, i mean if you going to advertise them as pre-facelift they should be pre-facelift i hate some Ebayers anyways not a problem as I've sourced some new lights (yet to be fitted, im quite lazy at times). Ive also sourced some new lower adjustable seats for my coilovers, but i haven't got round to rebuilding them yet.

Though i have managed to source some awesome new wheels, blacks racing 14X6 with hankooks they were a mega bargain lets, put it this way i could have bought a new xbox game for the price so i was chuffed with them. Ive also reconditioned my other set of rims they just need tyres or selling haven't decided yet. Ive also fitted new ebc ultimax pads after being advised by the M.O.T man, it has made a vast difference to how the car stops, in the fact that im not panicking every time i touch the brake pedal anymore Laughing

Ive also fitted some other bits and bobs including a new exhaust, Toyo sports i think sounds ok, ive got a decat on the way as well to help compliment it haha. Oh i also got a Datum 1 tow hook of ebay for the pricely sum of 1.50 i was well made up with that.

There's still a lot to do though including painting my bump strips, replacing the centre console to get rid of the horrid one fitted, put my coilovers on, clean the engine bay up, fit headlights etc you get the picture

Speaking of pictures here's how its looking now: (p.s. yes i know its sitting to high and that the numberplate is still too big its on the list Laughing )

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0006

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0003

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0010

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0004

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0001

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0009

My Ej9 tornado (update) DSC_0013
Back to top Go down
Stew

Stew

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 12:01 pm

Your car neeeeeeeeds THIS Smile
Back to top Go down
Crannoth

Crannoth

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 3:09 am

I like it a lot but Ive already got a de-badged grill on is it to chavy though might buy it anyway so i can change whenever i feel the need haha always good to keep your options open.
Back to top Go down
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 3:19 am

Id say get the oem grill like i have on mine which Stew posted a link to on ebay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Ej9 tornado (update)   My Ej9 tornado (update) Empty

Back to top Go down

My Ej9 tornado (update)
Page 1 of 1