Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proposed New Meet Location

Go down 
+11
Ned
WhittyBoi
Stokes
Dave_t
Mr. G
mart609
pallett
Attley
cus
ezza
Powelly
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Powelly

Powelly

Proposed New Meet Location Empty
PostSubject: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 9:53 am

Ok so lots of discussions about moving the official TOA meet location from its Iconic setting at burnt tree island.

Ok so list up the location, take some pics more the better and explain why the meet should be moved there!!

Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 9:57 am

its like an assignment, lol
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 10:06 am

yup lets see what happens..

Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 10:17 am

First of all i think if someone see's somewhere they think could be good just snap a quick pic and post it up.

I also think if there is a good backdrop it makes the pictures look even better even tho it will simply be just a meet not a photoshoot.

Birmingham new road a bit more closer to wolves town there is some new houses flats... behind there, there is a new building brand new tarmac, i think it could be a good meet location, i'll see if i can get some pics to post.

or

what about the pound land right by where tesh works, there is a couple of nice car parks round there with decent lighting which could be good.
Back to top Go down
Attley

Attley

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 9:25 pm

if you want sik backdrops im unsure of new flats or a poundland tbh, would be like a cheaper wickes lol

the moorhen in peterborough Very Happy

crooked house in himley? or even himley hall area?

theres a nice pub (with a decent car park if i remember) called the badgers set, in hagley(very picturesque) out towards stourbridge/kiddi

if were not bothered about distance what about malvern hills or clent?
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 10:54 pm

Theres a pretty good little location in cannock that ive used many times with multiple cars and never had a single bit of bother from police, other people, gypsies, cats, you get the idea.
There is plenty of space for everyone, i have taken many photos there before, its super easy to find just off the orbiital, no speedbumps.Proposed New Meet Location Jet5
Proposed New Meet Location Gypsyshoot066
Proposed New Meet Location Gypsyshoot048
Proposed New Meet Location Axandgroupphotos079
Proposed New Meet Location Axandgroupphotos065
Proposed New Meet Location Falconpointphtoshoot081
Granted most of those pictures are shitty as id just got my slr then but you get the drift, there is space to park and get group shots, enough space to move cars around for specific shots, places for people to have solo pics taken.
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 11:20 pm

^^ Does look sick tbh...

get a map location up google maps etc...
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 11:30 pm

ON that map its the top island where you turn right and its where those two semi circle buildings are, the bottom island is the top island of the orbital where everyone used to race to and where the biffa is.

Last edited by pallett on Sat 10 Jul 2010, 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 11:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 11:35 pm

^^ Thats what i was gunna say to do... lol...ok cool so thats one good location we have found any more??
Back to top Go down
mart609

mart609

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 12:09 am

himley hall isa no go attley as they lock the gates at dusk
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 12:15 am

do you think i would of suggested it if it was a shit backdrop?

the poundland bit would be the better of the two being as its not near any houses etc

crooked house is to small and the owner would deffo without a shadow of a doubt kick us of there,and himley hall is a no no because of the speed bumpes and the gates close at around 6ish o'clock to get in so thats out the window.
Back to top Go down
Mr. G

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 1:34 am

I once took my old S14 Drifter to meet at the Crooked House at Himley.....the Evo owners club invited me down....think they had an agreement with the Landlord,i know his takings were up that day as there were about 100+ cars there,of which some were eating and most people were drinking something.......
I still don't mind where your meets are......after all these years one carpark is much the same as another......my only real stipulation is for it to be fairly Chav and Knobjockey free.......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 1:49 am

theres perfect place in stafford, but i'd say its too far for some of us
but then again its a once a month meet so its worth it

so a few places being suggested, how about keep tesco for the next meet, or even two, to keep the ball rolling, and have a bi-monthely meet for us core members to check out other locations?

and yes, a car park is a car park, but the majority of us come to a TOA meet to:

-Catch up with everyone
-Talk Cars - Majority Honda Content Razz
-the option to go for a play tongue
- and get some sick pictures, that you want to post on forums

the last two points arent exactly being met at our current location

Pallet has a good point about cannock, ive suggested it in the past, it always comes up, and 2bf the best meets ive been to are in cannock.

think we need to scout some locations up there.

before anyone says something negative like "all the chavs go up cannock mcdonalds", the best spots are well away from there

most people in any car scene knows the place so it wont effect our current meet members
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
Stokes

Stokes

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 4:26 am

Where pallett mentioned is sweet spot, i think each month we should try a different spot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112989599
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 5:05 am

Well why dont we organise a core members meet there to scout it out then, looks pretty sweet to me
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 5:13 am

Sunday??
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 6:27 am

im down for sunday, if people want to meet there though i suggest going earlier, as everyone knows what happens on sunday nights on the orbital and we dont want the police thinking we are there for that and anyone getting in shit.
Back to top Go down
WhittyBoi

WhittyBoi

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 7:33 am

i'll come sunday boys providing i m back for when you go?
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 9:03 am

which sunday tmz or next weekend? we can catch a bit of the orbs action aswell if its live
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 9:06 am

Tomoz
Back to top Go down
Mr. G

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 8:16 pm

Staffords fine for me.....i live there...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:18 am

i can't tonight....
+ i need to get the ek on the road! going to leicester in a couple of weeks with cus to get an arch roller off Lat AKA blitz, then its ready. anyone up for a road trip? want to check out his 4wd ef and cw ep3 Cool
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:32 am

are we meetin up there then?? i aint gonna go up if its just one or two cuz there's not muchos point, i might go up brum race's after depending what the time is.
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:42 am

cus hit meup if your going brum later, may be able to come time depending ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposed New Meet Location   Proposed New Meet Location Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposed New Meet Location
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next