Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Willis' ITR DC2 Build

Go down 
+13
Aky
Stokes
big-al
pallett
ezza
Powelly
cus
Ned
Sukhy96
mart609
tesh
Dave_t
WillisITR
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WillisITR

WillisITR

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Empty
PostSubject: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 6:49 pm

Hello Everyone,

My names Will. Was at the TOA meet last night in my DC2. Was a really great atmosphere around the meet. Everyone was chilled and friendly which was good for me as i drove down on my tod haha Sad. Started Building Hondas a fair few years back now with no experience and used a granny spec shopping car ek4 Civic as my project/learing tool. Over the course of a year or so i completley stripped the car and rebuilt using nice coilovers, upgrading brakes and importing an Integra type R motor from Japan. After a steep learning curve, lots of long nights and weekends over about 2 years it was complete and ready to be abused...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build IHATEBMWS

and then 3 days later some idiot pulled out on me and did this>>

Willis' ITR DC2 Build IMAG0018

Was absolutley gutted. Nothing i could do and luckily all parts where insured. 60mph t-boning a bmw e46 bloody hurts. Seat lifted off the rails and flung my head into the windscreen and chest into a nice 320mm momo wheel!! I ended up losing about 6 grand when the insurance finally paid out a year and a half after the crash!!

Onto other things... I decided that i couldn't buy another ek as i would always compare it to my old one which i did actually adore. So i just wanted to buy a ropey JDM DC2 Integra R, take it on track and kick its head in. After a month or so found a mechanically sound but abit of a minger JDM integra. But what did i do... I have spent the last 2 years stripping it down and making it mint(ish). Couldn't help myself and couldn't have a ropey car. Spent silly money on it now and we are finally getting somewhere with it. Fully caged, full flocked interior, big brakes, rock hard chassis set up, semi slick tyres etc etc and i love it. Just got it out of the workshop after a few months of hell. I thought i would try my hand at a simple wire tuck. Nothing fancy just a tidy up and delete my PAS, ABS and AC. Well this didn't happen. I went a bit mental and tucked, shaved and resprayed everything i could. I did it just to prove to myself i could really. I take pride in my car and it means alot to me that i tackle everything myself. Sorry to go on and on and bore you lot, will be seeing everyone on a monthly basis now for sure Smile.

Spec..

Chassis
Pjdm front brace
Blox rear lower control armsBeaks lower tie bar
low milage drive shafts
meisterR Zeta R coilovers
Front under strut brace
OEM Honda rear strut

Wheels and tyres
SW98 wheels in CW
R888 tyres
black oem lug nuts

Power/ Engine bay
F1 stage 3 clutch
3.4kg Fidanza flywheel
Sump baffles
Spoon n1
98 spec manifold
pjdm carbon plug cover
pjdm carbon slug intake
ngk blue leads
cooling plate
New Timing belt
NGK platinum plugs
Decat
skunk vtec solenoid cover
bonnet dampers
Spoon Yellow rocker cover
Ek throttle cable
Ek throttle cable adaptor
Spoon res socks
Tegiwa washer and bolt set
Non ABS prop valve
Custom braided clutch line
resprayed engine block
resprayed engine bay and smooth
extended and tucked engine loom
extended and tucked headlight loom
relocted fusebox in glovebox
relocated batt in boot on custom fabricated bracket
removed ABS, AC and PAS

Brakes
MeisterR mx550pads
MeisterR Grooved disks and pillar veined 286mm disks
MeisterR 286mm converter carrier
Hel braided lines all round

Interior and safety
Slim line snap off boss kit
One off Roll Cage made by Caged with door bars and harness bar
Race spec shifter
TAKATA harnesses
Snooper unit
buddy club gear knob
Buddy club fixed seats
Bride Low position rails
life hammer
Carbon stereo block off
batt cut off
OMP corsica wheel
Momo boss
Mugen pedals
Ipod subtly wired up to hidden amp and speakers
Fire ex
custom cut out plastics to accomodate roll cage
fully flocked interior

Other
98 spec rear bumper
HID kit
Clifford alarm system
JDM Plates
underseal inside and out!!
LED lights
New carpet
New door cards
new wing
Respray bumpers and rear quarter
new H badge
Dent man session
Detail session
replacement window glass
replacement door strip
replacement rear lights

Things i still need to do before Summer ends:
touch up underseal
paint all suspension arms black
roll cage steering wheel hook
rta bushes
brake ducts
remove arch liners
Oil temp/pressure gauges
Oil cooler with thermostat
roll centre adjusters
camber and toe items
goe set up
corner weight

Longer plans:
Rebuild a close ratio box, maybe 4.9 final drive
winter 2011 will be rebuilding engine, maybe some management and ITBs. Purley because this seems like the next thing for me to really get hands on with to improve my knowledge, action learning and all that Smile.

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17222

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17223

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17228

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17224

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17230

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17225

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17217

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17205

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17211

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17214

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17248

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17249

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17243

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17238

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17234

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Rear1

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Rear2

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Bay

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Front1

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Interior4

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Interior2

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Interior3

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Interior1

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Upload1

And the latest video of it being used and abused round Oulton...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build DSC_8153_exposure

Willis' ITR DC2 Build DSC_8121_exposure

Willis' ITR DC2 Build P1080495copy

Willis' ITR DC2 Build P1080427

Willis' ITR DC2 Build P1080510

Last edited by WillisITR on Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 7:48 pm

nothing short of b.e.a.utiful mate. so clean, so sick, and yet so usable on track. loving this
i can't wait to be hittin' the tracks in 2012
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
tesh

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 8:47 pm

I spent nearly half hours observing this car last night, I apologize if I left any nose prints on your glass as I stared at your interior soooo niceeeeeeeeee.
Back to top Go down
mart609

mart609

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 8:53 pm

something to be proud of there buddy, awesome job
didn't spot this last night, but i'll deffo be taking a look next month
Back to top Go down
WillisITR

WillisITR

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 9:08 pm

Haha cheers guys, first time i have taken it to a meet so it was good to see what people thought. Flocking may look good but it is a pain if not done right. A few bits of my interior have sarted to peal so some bits where missing last night as they are back being re done. Hopefully i will have my oil cooler, alloy rad, spoon front lip and a Benen fuel rail on next meet Smile.

Haha Tesh that made me laugh. I didnt want to go up to people when they where looking at the DC2 as i didn't really know how to say "hi man, this is my car" without it coming out as if i was being big headed so i just chilled.
Back to top Go down
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 9:57 pm

Shocked My god this integra is mint! spent quite a while looking around it last night, didnt know it had a shaved and tucked bay. Interior was amazing as the rest of the car. Glad you will be making it to other meets EK4 looked a weapon too Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 10:08 pm

Im so happy when decent cars join up!
Love it mate
Back to top Go down
cus

cus

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 4:42 am

im sure i stood next to this last night! didnt know so much work had gone into it, ultra clean!!!

makes me miss mine Sad

cleanist teg i've seen so far in the uk im sure
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 5:52 am

Oh god just spent the last 20 mins reading the thread and the specs then the vid... wow a lot of hard work has gone into this amazing...shame i didnt get to say hi at the meet ...
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 6:22 am

real nice mate, quality and seems very thought out.

love the flocked dash
Back to top Go down
Dave_t

Dave_t

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 7:07 am

i remember reading about your Ek4 smash on CL, was the same time i had a black ek4 so i was extra gutted for you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/__d__a__v__e__
WillisITR

WillisITR

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 7:18 pm

Cheers guys Smile.

Cus, yeah thats what i love most, it looks so subtle most people just pass it by. I have been thinking of a few carbon bits but it can be a bloody expensive slippery slope!!

Yeah man i propperly loved that EK. First car i really got to mod extensivley so was gutting when it happened. I would still swap 100 of my DC2s to have my EK back Sad.

Will see everyone at the next meet, only took 40 mins to get back to Crewe area so not bad at all even if some noob in a Q7 was trying to cut me up all the way down the M6!! On the off chance you see a black Q7, MF57 STV please throw shit at him lol Smile.
Back to top Go down
pallett

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 7:53 pm

Absolute stunner you got there mate. Once my Crx is done hopefully see you out on track somewhere. Also if your interested I got a set of oem 98 15" uk itr wheels I need rid of, all fresh powdercoated less than 3k miles ago still mint with centrecaps.
Back to top Go down
WillisITR

WillisITR

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:22 pm

Cheers dude. Would do but they should be 5x114.3 so no good for me. Will be looking into 15s for full slicks soon i think but would really need to get a dry sump and idealy replace my RTA bushings for spherical bearings. I just want to go faster and faster lol. The Day you get the Rex on track is the day you realise all the ball ache, time, money and effort is all worth it. I was qued up ready to go on with a VW Cup race car on full slicks and an aerod up Corsa again on full slicks. I was weighing them up, we did our warm up lap then went for it. I passed both in 1 lap and i am a pretty crap driver imho. I thought i would struggle with the Kit cars and 911s but it was just soo much fun and the Integra was competitive against even them!! I tell you what though, Keeping up with Nicolas Hamilton in his Clio cup race car was not happening, he was f#cking rapid!! I was touching 125mph passed the Water tower into druids whereas he was easily going 135!!! (this is why i need slicks, what i cant do with talent i will do with more power and grip haha lol)
Back to top Go down
WillisITR

WillisITR

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:28 pm

Thought you guys may be interested in the month from hell....

THIS IS HOW IT LOOKED 2 YEARS AGO!!!!

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Typer013

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Typer014

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Picture153

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Picture156

Well Day 1. Early start this morning. Rich who used to have the Green Ek Civic came round to lend his amazing skills!! Cant thank him enough. Also had Ron (Hyperonik) helpping out which made alot of difference and again cant thank him enoguh!! Decided a new plan with the cage. Going to paint it up the directly weld it in instead of fecking around.

2 hours in and this happend...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build 1engineout

Leaving the bay looking like this...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build 2showseverythingstillinbay

Which then left us getting rid of the ABS and all ABS related wiring etc etc and making up new brake pipes which will be painted and bent into nice shapes in time. Will not be running any powerstearing, Air con and have tucked the clutch line and res out the way. Fuse box will be in glove box. Battery has been moved to the boot...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build 3everythingremoved

Then focused on splitting the loom to leave enigine related harness in the bay and headlight looms ready to be put in the wings...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build 4wiressplit

Then came grinding all the holes and removing all brackets and uneeded crap to leave a smooth bay...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build 5anglegrindingallholesandbrackets

And then welding up the holes...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build 6weldingupholes

Got all the O/S done just need to do the N/S soon so i can grind down the welds, skim, primer and get ready to respray the bay!!!

Engine harness off and engine ready to be cleaned and sprayed up silver after new clutch, fly and cam belt are in...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build 7engineharnessremovedreadytopaint

cheeky pic of the cage...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build 9cage1

Last edited by WillisITR on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WillisITR

WillisITR

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:28 pm

DAY 2 on the build. Woke up late and only had a few hours on it propperly today..

New cam belt and tensioner on.

New 3.4 kg fly in...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Flywheelboltfun

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Flywheel

New stage 3 clutch fitted...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Clutch

Engine covered in gunk and then washed. Worked well but still needs another go over....

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Engineclean

Bay cleaned with gunk and tcut polish to see what we are working with a bit better. Not all clean but getting there. Bay is being resprayed though so no biggy..

Green shit is som rusteater we had lying round and wanted to use lol. Will be making a new N/S brake line that follows the bulk head a bit better at some point...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Bayclean
Back to top Go down
WillisITR

WillisITR

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:29 pm

Got alot done this weekend. All Loom is in the right position now ready for some extending. Cutting away the ABS loom felt so wrong but it went well. Rest of the bay was welded up and we grinded down the welds, applied filler and started sanding back. We got so bloody high using that filler!! Will need another touch up with a bit more filler in one or two places but it is starting to get there now. Interior is being flocked as we speak and the rear plastics have been cut out around the cage ready to be flocked too. Oh my was that difficult!! Battery is now mounted in the boot on a custom bracket welded to the boot floor. With the carpet in it sticks out about an inch, looks awesome...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17074

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17075

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17076

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17078

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17079

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17080

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17082

After hours of sanding..
Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17085

Alot better than i though but still needs another small skim (which ended up being another weeks work of prep!!!). Vin plate looks nackerd in the pics but its residue of the tape i used. Going to drill the rivets and remove it when we paint.

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17086
Back to top Go down
WillisITR

WillisITR

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:29 pm

engine masked up and taken appart for soma this>>>

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17115

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17124

then BAY is finaly smooth and primed after a week of filling, sanding, prepping etc meaning we could lay down three coats of this all thats needed is laqour tomorow>>>

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17121

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17128

Yes i fecking know i forgot to mask/take of the splash shield but meh nothing some thinners wont handle Very Happy
Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17129
Back to top Go down
WillisITR

WillisITR

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:30 pm

i cant tell you how nackering this build has been this month!

Laquor is down now so i can focus on extending the engine loom tonight. Only 3 connectors so shouldn't be too much of a PITA (famous last words!).

Flocking is going really well and Jonny is keeping me well informed of his progress. The whole interior will be flocked bar the roof liner. (flockme.net)

fiberglassing some imperfections...
Willis' ITR DC2 Build 190748_189143057792297_142054105834526_486901_3527718_n1

Glue
Willis' ITR DC2 Build 184920_189143077792295_142054105834526_486902_4693613_n1

flock on
Willis' ITR DC2 Build 190664_189142604459009_142054105834526_486884_4312229_n1

Willis' ITR DC2 Build 181700_189142574459012_142054105834526_486883_5504437_n1
Back to top Go down
WillisITR

WillisITR

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:30 pm

Cage picked up from Powder coaters and engine crane ready for a weekend of mayhem...
Willis' ITR DC2 Build Photo
Back to top Go down
WillisITR

WillisITR

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:31 pm

Spent 28 hours on it over the weekend and it is ready to fire up!! Just waiting on a damn clutch line!!

Cage is welded in and most of the loom extending is done...

Before...

Willis' ITR DC2 Build Typer013

AFTER!!

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17157
Back to top Go down
WillisITR

WillisITR

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:32 pm

Started the build knowing i only had a month to get it back running so it could be moved as the rent would be out on the workshop and it had to be clear. It came down to me working through the night and getting the dc2 into a running state at 730 in the morning knowing i had to drive it home and be at the airport at 1030!! Cutting it close is an understatement!!

Still had lots of tidying up to do but it run well. Got back home yesterday and managed to put most of my interior back in that had been flocked. Still had lots of tidying up to do but all has now been taken care of
Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17166

Willis' ITR DC2 Build SDC17168
Back to top Go down
tesh

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 9:23 pm

Luv this DC2, I'm glad you posted these pics up I know what I need to do to my EK engine bay now Smile
Back to top Go down
Powelly

Powelly

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 9:23 pm

Pure sex. nothing nicer that a tidy bay.
Back to top Go down
Sukhy96

Sukhy96

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 9:53 pm

Love the build/car, need to see that tucked bay next time Smile

Willis' ITR DC2 Build 2yllfzo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Willis' ITR DC2 Build   Willis' ITR DC2 Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Willis' ITR DC2 Build
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next