Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new project car (teg h8rz beware)

Go down 
+26
DARF
dom eg6
Benny
Spoon_Civic
import_trung
Chris
Michael
Ian
cus
Attley
craig8585
JayGTI
R3_RYE
tesh
ej2coupe
srf
crawf
Dave_t
WELZ
Jay
steve-o
Scott
johnierice
Ned
Ash
ezza
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
steve-o

steve-o

my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jun 2007, 9:14 pm

yea man u gotta keep that front end it looks way better

i likeeeeeeeee clown
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jun 2007, 11:09 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2007, 4:43 am

get him to blast ya rims while its there
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2007, 6:00 am

thought about that to, dont wanna bump the price too much so i think im gunna get them powder coated at a later date
Back to top Go down
Ash

Ash

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2007, 3:16 am

ruffly out of intrest how much does a job like this cost???
Back to top Go down
srf

srf

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2007, 8:09 am

whats the plans for the engine? just going to run standard or boost or itbs or..

itbs would be nice on that Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2007, 12:38 pm

near 1500

As for the engine, i wasnt sure weather to sell my turbo kit and go N/A after i saw that JUN prelude putting out around 340whp down, but with boost i already have the kit and there is the potential for alot more than 340whp, so i'v decided to boost.
Now im not sure weather to spend a bit more time+money and get the turbo kit on for when the engine goes in or put the engine in N/A to get it on road and put the kit on after. Question
Back to top Go down
srf

srf

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2007, 4:52 am

i would go n/a first then boost it, that way you can tell how much difference boost is actaully making, thats the way i would go about it....
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2007, 8:28 am

yeah, thats what i was leaning towards. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Jun 2007, 7:38 am

Went to the bodyshop today to go through what holes need keeping and what need filling in the engine bay (circled them in blue paint pen).

my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 DSCF0022

my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 DSCF0026

my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 DSCF0023

my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 DSCF0025

my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 DSCF0024
Back to top Go down
ej2coupe

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Jun 2007, 7:44 am

Ez thats coming along nicely, just get it laquered now as it is that would look diferent!!
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Jun 2007, 8:05 am

lol, hmmmm scratch
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2007, 10:40 am

im gonna pretend I never read that
Back to top Go down
ej2coupe

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyWed 20 Jun 2007, 9:46 am

^^^^ Was a joke nedi wedi pudding and pie!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyWed 20 Jun 2007, 11:04 am

I refer to my previous statement
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2007, 1:17 pm

ye olde loleth
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2007, 7:47 am

Update;

Teh exterior of the car is now primered, unfortunately the camera's battery's were flat (doh) so ned kindly snapped some on his phone.

pics to come
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyFri 29 Jun 2007, 4:28 am

and here they are

my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 Teg1
my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 Teg2
my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 Teg3
my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 Teg4
my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 Teg5
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptySat 28 Jul 2007, 1:23 am

Its been a while since there's been an update so im just letting you all know i havnt forgot about ya Razz
There has been very very slow if no progress on the car, i told dave at the bodyshop to take his time, this gives me a little breathing room to save up and is an insurance that the car will be perfect when it comes out.

But in the meantime iv been doing ALOT of reasearch focused on the engine, at JAE i picked up a book called 'the step by step guide to engine blueprinting :-practical methods for racing and rebuilding'. Now im not really a book person but the fact that its about engines combined with the fact iv been on jury service (which involves alot of sitting around) meant that iv read most of the book by now, the book is more focused on big US V engines but the principal remains the same, each chapter covers a different part of the engine e.g. chapter 3; crankshaft, chapter 5; pistons etc, they describe/advise alot of proceses for example on the crank they advise shot peening (like sand blasting but with metal ball bearings that compress the surface of the metal making it less prone to cracks) balancing (self explanatory) and micro polishing (making the crank journals as smooth as possible to reduce friction freeing up horses), after reading all this i was ready to get my crank sent away and have all this done only to find out that the H22 came from the factory like this Rolling Eyes , I know people rave and rant about jap cars this jap cars that but you really do take for granted the time, effort and technology in our cars (especially honda, for gods sake the B18c5,6 head is hand finished!).
So with this said and with the knowledge i have gained im going to be doing a full engine build before the engine goes in, sleeved, forged pistons, forged rods, honed block and crank mains, this will odviously set me back even more but i have come to the conclution that for me most of the fun comes in building the car.

watch this space, and watch my wallet get burned Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptySat 28 Jul 2007, 2:47 am

I can't see this being done till at least summer next year.... but what a summer thats gonna be
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptySat 28 Jul 2007, 9:54 am

amen
Back to top Go down
srf

srf

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Jul 2007, 2:10 am

fully built H22 will be insane even if you stay all motor or boost affraid
Back to top Go down
ezza

ezza

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Jul 2007, 4:05 am

going boost, after doing some more reasearch im keeping the oem sleeves, there frm (fibre reenforced metal, carbon fibre/ally cross breed) and are hella stong, the only down side being conventional forged pistons cant be used becase of this material........that is ofcourse until now, mahle make frm friendly forged pistons and in the us there getting up to 600bhp out of them!!!
Back to top Go down
Ned
Dislikes Rota's
Ned

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Jul 2007, 9:55 pm

Jesus, Im gonna need that hybrid turbo and boost controller just to keep up
Back to top Go down
Scott

Scott

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 EmptyMon 06 Aug 2007, 1:36 am

im gonna need a harrier jump jet to keep up lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new project car (teg h8rz beware)   my new project - My new project car (teg h8rz beware) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My new project car (teg h8rz beware)
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next